Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Trancegate AU - “Perforator” available now

Comments

• I was gonna take the summer off from music but these developers are coming out swinging lately :#

• This is how to be a great dev: listen to your customers, and if possible design what they want.

Instant buy. :)

• It’s coming along nicely! B)

• PERFORATOR.
    Wow. 10/10.
    Bram, not only are you apps logical and beautifully designed, but your nomenclature is off-the-charts. (But I bet you get that a lot...)

• Kinda wish this was a MIDI FX ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Kinda wish this was a MIDI FX ;)

It is, I believe. It's in Cubasis's Insert FX slot.

• Nice! But a minor bummer because I don’t really have a need for such a thing. Guess I’ll find one, it’s one of the benefits of cheap iOS stuff...easy to try something new out of developer loyalty or pure curiosity.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Nice! But a minor bummer because I don’t really have a need for such a thing. Guess I’ll find one, it’s one of the benefits of cheap iOS stuff...easy to try something new out of developer loyalty or pure curiosity.

Think “programmable tremolo”. It is what I called this effect when I first heard it way back when, and played with the one on that FL Studio synth.

• @CracklePot said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Nice! But a minor bummer because I don’t really have a need for such a thing. Guess I’ll find one, it’s one of the benefits of cheap iOS stuff...easy to try something new out of developer loyalty or pure curiosity.

Think “programmable tremolo”. It is what I called this effect when I first heard it way back when, and played with the one on that FL Studio synth.

Good point. Also jogged my memory of Johnny, which was/is a great tremolo effect. Wonder what ever happened to that Holderness guy.

• Following your theory that iOS music making is evolving like we have seen in the 90s... we are getting closer to the future :-)

Like the shuffle button on there

• Looks, cool!

Guess there will be some 'Bram Twists' baked in there as usual, looking forward to that for sure :)
    One would a Mirror L & R in addition to Link L/R for some crazy panned gating or even pan automation.

From the looks of it it's an Audio Effect as Cubasis has a separate slot for Midi Plug-Ins.

• @Samu said:
    Looks, cool!

Guess there will be some 'Bram Twists' baked in there as usual, looking forward to that for sure :)
    One would a Mirror L & R in addition to Link L/R for some crazy panned gating or even pan automation.

From the looks of it it's an Audio Effect as Cubasis has a separate slot for Midi Plug-Ins.

Complete aside, but I’ve done my last two projects in Cubasis and between the MIDI editing and midi plug in support...I find my allegiance switching from Auria. Once you give in to MIDI, not being a live performance virtuoso...man. The world opens up.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Samu said:
    Looks, cool!

Complete aside, but I’ve done my last two projects in Cubasis and between the MIDI editing and midi plug in support...I find my allegiance switching from Auria. Once you give in to MIDI, not being a live performance virtuoso...man. The world opens up.

I agree, @oat_phipps. Every time I try to do anything with MIDI in Auria I just end up frustrated or crashing the app. I just stopped. Now it's Cubasis for the MIDI, then on to Auria for audio mixing.

• @Daveypoo said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Samu said:
    Looks, cool!

I agree, @oat_phipps. Every time I try to do anything with MIDI in Auria I just end up frustrated or crashing the app. I just stopped. Now it's Cubasis for the MIDI, then on to Auria for audio mixing.

YES. Good to hear I'm not alone in having a very expensive app with very expensive plug-ins that basically just polishes.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Kinda wish this was a MIDI FX

+10exp12 (total number on neuron in a brain saying +1 all together)

• Imagine chaining Perforator with Kosmonaut right after it
    OMG... I need it :love:

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Daveypoo said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Samu said:
    Looks, cool!

YES. Good to hear I'm not alone in having a very expensive app with very expensive plug-ins that basically just polishes.

My journey with Auria has been mostly frustration. I fought and fought and fought with it until I won a code for Cubasis. Then I finally understood why I needed both.

As a crusty old geezer, it's tough sometimes to rewire my thinking and accept that there is no one single app on the entire iPad which will give me 100% of my work flow from PC. I have to treat the iPad itself as the "host DAW" rather than it being an app... that mindset seems to work the best for me to get where I need to go.

Dogs learning tricks and all that.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

>

Sure. Midi in AP is rubbish, along with other features that just don’t work well.

That said, polishing is way too simple a term for what we can do with Fab Filters. But even if all we do is use those FF that are for mastering, then we can still get a better sound than anything else available on IOS.

Also, AP for all its irritations still beats Cubasis or any other IOS DAW for those wanting to do in-app .wav editing.

• @senhorlampada said:
    Imagine chaining Perforator with Kosmonaut right after it
    OMG... I need it :love:

Oh, man. You just triggered: what if instead of just a volume gate each bar could be set as a "balance" control between two discreet AU outputs. Don't hook up the second output and it works exactly like it does now. Hook up the second and you could essentially automate between two different fx/signal paths.

• edited May 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    Kinda wish this was a MIDI FX ;)

Yes please. Separate AU, obvi but having a dirt simple AU CC sequencer with basically this exact UI has got to be on everyone's christmas list.

• Pure yumminess :)

• I’ll experiment with MIDI out once the regular effect is out the door :)

• This summer sure is looking good for new apps. :)

• :heart: :heart: :heart: that this has a number of steps control. Gonna make all manner of weirdo polymeteric fun the day this drops. I still have my Korg ER1 hooked up to do exactly this via its audio input channels.

Only seen a 8 second video but already the dreams are dreaming.

In the spirit of the other Rozeta sequencers, would love to see a Mutate button on this.

Would also love to (eventually) see a "Move by +/- N steps after each repeat". Could be used to do simple 'accent the down beats this time and then accent the off beats next time' with a value of +2 but could quickly dig into Bramiam Style generative sounding stuff with odd numbered offsets and even numbered steps. See Patterning for an example of this in action.

On a slightly more utilitarian note, manual controls to shift the steps left and right would also be very welcome.

• edited May 2018

Hi @brambos will the speed be synchronised to the bpm of the track or will we be able to modulate the tempo to achieve effects like this?

• How are people making trance gates on iOS right now? What are you using?

• edited May 2018

@johnfromberkeley said:
    How are people making trance gates on iOS right now? What are you using?

Pumphouse works similarly but definitely (intentionally) has that side-chain compressor feel. For fixed-interval stuff (1/16, 1/8, 1/4, etc), the Johnny tremolo plugin (IAA) works for audio or Rozeta LFO pointed at a volume control, both with square waves. Or, if using a DAW capable of it, good old volume automation.