Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lemur and forum.liine.net

Any Lemur fanboys here?
I've recently started to dive into Lemur template development a little bit - not really trivial but admittedly very powerful, and I've been relying heavily on the great knowledge base hidden on forum.liine.net.

Not after long, however, forum.liine.net was unavailable and instead of reappearing, the liine guys just made forum.liine.net redirect to their home page. All valuable information gone without further notice.
Dead forever and no backups available?
One can only guess what happened - anyway, I'm sure many Lemur users still have their creations or their own copy of user files from the forum (and not the user library) hidden somewhere, so what do you think about sharing your jzml and jzlib files?

Comments

• Last year, in my naïvety, I got it into my head that I'd learn Lemur properly and make the Omega Synth - building an elaborate synth/fx rig full of all the best stuff on iOS, tweaked to perfection (perfectly tuned knobs & interdependencies), which I'd then run behind a beautiful, ergonomic and well-thought-out performance surface. Surprisingly, I haven't done this. I haven't spent much time with Lemur at all in fact.

I remain interested, though. If the knowledge base resurfaces somewhere, please let us know. Any Lemur fast-track-to-success stories are welcome too.

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

I have spent sooo many hours making ultimate control surfaces in various apps ... and then never use them. It's just a fun exercise that I obsess over and inflict severe sleep deprivation on myself, but it never leads to anything practical.

Lemur, however I spend almost no time with. Sure it's powerful as hell, but I have no patience for having to hook my PC up every time I want to modify anything more than the bare basics. If there was a comprehensive on-board iOS editor, I'd probably not be able to stop myself dumping in serious (and ultimately fruitless) hours into it.

• The Lemur user library is still available if you want patches.

• The Lemur user library is still available if you want patches.

• @InfoCheck said:
    The Lemur user library is still available if you want patches.

Like I wrote, it's not about the user library but about the many great and documented programming tipps, code snippets, tutorials, widgets, example templates and discussions.
    Maybe someone has a halfway recent snapshot of the forum and the files?

• have you tried the wayback machine?
    might be worth a shot, not sure if it will work in this case...

• edited May 2018

Here's a snapshot,

https://web.archive.org/web/20170717020158/http://forum.liine.net:80/

not sure if you can access the pages though might need to spend more time checking it out

• @Carnbot said:
    Here's a snapshot but not sure if files etc will be available:

Thanks, that was the first thing I did when the forum went bananas, but just try to go a bit deeper and you'll see that almost nothing has actually been archived.

• @rs2000 said:

@Carnbot said:
    Here's a snapshot but not sure if files etc will be available:

Thanks, that was the first thing I did when the forum went bananas, but just try to go a bit deeper and you'll see that almost nothing has actually been archived.

yeah that's a shame, might be impossible with forums as they are databases etc

• the Lemur forum was less frequented in the last years, so I understand that it is no more supported. Today many small developers don't have an own user forum anymore, they have a Facebook page. Or a subforum at KVR.

I also miss the Lemur forum, there was so much information there to find, still today. I made many notes about Lemur scripting, but there are still many things that I didn't get, didn't understand at that time. And some basic things I simply forget after a while, I'll have to dig out old templates in my personal archive, and if I don't find what I need to know, search the forum ... but now that the forum has vanished, the only way to go is to the FB page I guess.

When I started with Lemur I had during that year (2012) 3 iPads controlling Cubase, effect and synth plugins. Lemur was the reason why I bought those iPads. A dream came true because the origial Lemur device from 2005 or so was unaffordable for home studios. The iPad was a cheap alternative, and the Lemur app had to be bought only once.

Today my workflow is a bit different. I have more hardware now, so the Lemur app is primarily for DAW control. And the company, Harrison Consoles, even provides a Lemur and TouchOSC template for their software, Mixbus. Of course I built my own template as well, but it is based on the one from Harrison.

• @Phil999 said:
    the Lemur forum was less frequented in the last years, so I understand that it is no more supported. Today many small developers don't have an own user forum anymore, they have a Facebook page. Or a subforum at KVR.

I also miss the Lemur forum, there was so much information there to find, still today. I made many notes about Lemur scripting, but there are still many things that I didn't get, didn't understand at that time. And some basic things I simply forget after a while, I'll have to dig out old templates in my personal archive, and if I don't find what I need to know, search the forum ... but now that the forum has vanished, the only way to go is to the FB page I guess.

When I started with Lemur I had during that year (2012) 3 iPads controlling Cubase, effect and synth plugins. Lemur was the reason why I bought those iPads. A dream came true because the origial Lemur device from 2005 or so was unaffordable for home studios. The iPad was a cheap alternative, and the Lemur app had to be bought only once.

Today my workflow is a bit different. I have more hardware now, so the Lemur app is primarily for DAW control. And the company, Harrison Consoles, even provides a Lemur and TouchOSC template for their software, Mixbus. Of course I built my own template as well, but it is based on the one from Harrison.

So true.
    I just spotted the new Mixbus upload on liine.net - is it yours? Are you using Mixbus a lot?
    I'm using Lemur for editing hardware synths, selecting banks and presets and controlling some Max4Live creations. The way you can programatically control UI changes is somewhat unique to Lemur and that opens up very deep control possibilities.

• while writing I thought I should do my first upload to the User Library. I used to post all my templates (about 20 or so, including small utility templates) in the Lemur forum. I switched to Mixbus some years ago.

As you say, Lemur is also good for controlling hardware. One can extend its functionality with additional LFO's, envelopes, etc. and of course for sequencing.