Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis issue with Audio Damage plugs

User @John1289 made this question at FB group and I suggested to bring it here...

Hello guys.how yall doing? I’m facing a daily problem when I use Audio Damage Audio units with cubasis and save my project, the audio units fail to start when I reopen my session. Make it hard to work due to it force me to reload them and try to make the edits I did by memory

Comments

• I’m having the same issues using Beatmaker 3 and Replicant 2 by Audio Damage. Crashes a lot for whatever reason. I’m not sure why

• Part of the OG post has been lost :confused:

Are AudioDamage and Steinberg users at forum? Could someone tag them, please?

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Part of the OG post has been lost :confused:

@Chris_Randall @LFS

:)

• @brambos said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Part of the OG post has been lost :confused:

@Chris_Randall @LFS

:)

Thanks!

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    I’m having the same issues using Beatmaker 3 and Replicant 2 by Audio Damage. Crashes a lot for whatever reason. I’m not sure why

Same with certain plugs in BM3, Audio Damage preset recall and crashes, Replicant and Axon, Mood goes silent, and Kauldron too.

• @knewspeak said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    I’m having the same issues using Beatmaker 3 and Replicant 2 by Audio Damage. Crashes a lot for whatever reason. I’m not sure why

Same with certain plugs in BM3, Audio Damage preset recall and crashes, Replicant and Axon, Mood goes silent, and Kauldron too.

Kauldron used to for me but not anymore. Replicant 2 crashes often but it could be the synth I’m using taking up too much memory. Tera synth is a ram hog. And Replicant 2 doesn’t play well as an AU inside of Auria as well

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@knewspeak said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Kauldron used to for me but not anymore. Replicant 2 crashes often but it could be the synth I’m using taking up too much memory. Tera synth is a ram hog. And Replicant 2 doesn’t play well as an AU inside of Auria as well

Super strange for me though is Mood Synth, it loads fine in BM3, but as soon as you rewind or restart the song it goes silent, only workaround is to restart BM3, but this was driving me crazy, so I try not to use it at the moment. PPG Synths, Zeon, Brambos Apps and a various others, are really reliable though.

• @knewspeak said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@knewspeak said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Super strange for me though is Mood Synth, it loads fine in BM3, but as soon as you rewind or restart the song it goes silent, only workaround is to restart BM3, but this was driving me crazy, so I try not to use it at the moment. PPG Synths, Zeon, Brambos Apps and a various others, are really reliable though.

Yea I thought I was the only one experiencing that issue with Mood. Double pressing stop kills it completely as well. Don’t know if it’s a beatmaker 3 issue or mood issue. I’ll see if it’s resolved in the latest update

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@knewspeak said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@knewspeak said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Yea I thought I was the only one experiencing that issue with Mood. Double pressing stop kills it completely as well. Don’t know if it’s a beatmaker 3 issue or mood issue. I’ll see if it’s resolved in the latest update

Yep, fingers crossed, I hope so because it's another cool AU synth.

• Reviving this thread because there is no point in starting a new one. Replicant 2 crashed Cubasis last night which kind of sucks. I had a glitchy little groove going, and Cubasis went silent. When I restarted the app, the Replicant track was gone. It's funny because I bought Beatmaker 3 last night hoping that Replicant might run more stable in BM. Probably not, is the answer I'm walking away with here but, I'll throw it out there...has anyone been able to make a go of Replicant without crashing their DAW of choice?

• edited May 2018

Try Modstep. Replicant 2 works well here, although Modstep doesn't seem to like iWavestation too much. And no stress test yet, just a quick try.

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

I use Replicant 2 a lot and haven't had any crashes in BM3 or Cubasis, and no problem recalling the running state either. I can't remember if I've used it in Auria Pro or not. Mood has never had any issues in any host for me.

• @wim said:
    I use Replicant 2 a lot and haven't had any crashes in BM3 or Cubasis, and no problem recalling the running state either. I can't remember if I've used it in Auria Pro or not. Mood has never had any issues in any host for me.

Replicant doesn’t work in Auria as an AU. It doesn’t keep tempo sync at all

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@wim said:

If I remember correctly this is an Auria problem of not sending the tempo. I could be wrong though.

• @W23 said:
    Reviving this thread because there is no point in starting a new one. Replicant 2 crashed Cubasis last night which kind of sucks. I had a glitchy little groove going, and Cubasis went silent. When I restarted the app, the Replicant track was gone. It's funny because I bought Beatmaker 3 last night hoping that Replicant might run more stable in BM. Probably not, is the answer I'm walking away with here but, I'll throw it out there...has anyone been able to make a go of Replicant without crashing their DAW of choice?

Hi W23,

Since you've experienced issues using various DAW's, the problem might be related to Replicant 2.
    I'd suggest to file a bug report to Audio Damage. Of course, we're at hand for a developer exchange, if required.

Best,
    Lars

• My solution has been to keep track sheets for every project that's more than a noodling experiment. If I know I'm seriously working on it then I grab my pen & a track sheet blank.

I still do it anyway as an old layover from working with analog PortaStudio's & later on ADAT's, but when I went to DAW'S and now iOS Ive just kept it up.

I'm not saying write War & Peace on each sheet, just whats on the tracks, a few settings, and when I know an effect on is integral to a certain track I just write what it is and after making a prese note what it's called.

I've had plugs go goofy in Cubasis & Auria, some more than others. I don't use them that often but yeah, the ones tied to tempo or the transport seem to fudge up more often.

• W23W23
    edited May 2018

I sent a message to Audio Damage Support with details, and was quite pleasantly surprised to get a message back from Chris Randall, who promised to look into it. Nice to know how responsive the developer is. EDIT: Oh yeah, an interesting side note. I DID update to iOS 11.3 right before I started the track with Replicant. It may have as much as anything to do with the issue

• @wim said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@wim said:

If I remember correctly this is an Auria problem of not sending the tempo. I could be wrong though.

No you’re right. It send it’s but I don’t think it sticks or it’s not being sent fast enough. Works as IAA tho

• @W23 said:
    I sent a message to Audio Damage Support with details, and was quite pleasantly surprised to get a message back from Chris Randall, who promised to look into it. Nice to know how responsive the developer is. EDIT: Oh yeah, an interesting side note. I DID update to iOS 11.3 right before I started the track with Replicant. It may have as much as anything to do with the issue

Thanks for the update, great!
    It always makes sense to get in touch with vendors, to make them aware of issues...

Best,
    Lars

• Still not fixed though ,mine crashes (replicant2) all the time ,on iPad Pro ,nice app but stability is an issue

• Same with Quanta. I'm not using it anymore because of the crashes.