Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MPE specs are out

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Beat ya to it. ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • B)
    I’m just teasing. I really don’t care.
    I will bump your post, not mine. :)

Just putting the info out there for anybody who is interested. Your info is as good as mine, pointing to the new MPE Spec.

Stay cool, @Max23 . <3

• If I've understood it correctly it's next to impossible to make a multi-timbral sound module with MPE support since each incoming note comes in on it's own midi-channel meaning it would need a separate midi/usb-port for each controller...

• @Samu said:
    If I've understood it correctly it's next to impossible to make a multi-timbral sound module with MPE support since each incoming note comes in on it's own midi-channel meaning it would need a separate midi/usb-port for each controller...

There are workarounds with tools like Polymer. Or if an instrument offer several outputs and could spread the midi channels itself to them etc. maybe.
    But anyway you just have 15 voices for MPE and one master channel.
    I wonder why we can´t have 1000 midi channels per output :)

• @Cib said:

I wonder why we can´t have 1000 midi channels per output :)

Could be an 8-Bit limitation ;)

• edited May 2018

I looked at the specs again and think Polymer just can use velocity, pitch Bend, and mod Wheel.
    So CC74, pressure and velocity release should be added then.
    However, i´m sure a clever developer would find a way.
    Polymer is brilliant but seems abandoned as well by now (but it still works).

• edited May 2018

@Samu said:
    If I've understood it correctly it's next to impossible to make a multi-timbral sound module with MPE support since each incoming note comes in on it's own midi-channel meaning it would need a separate midi/usb-port for each controller...

I still am wondering why regular ol’ Polyphonic Aftertouch isn’t used more. It seems to be the same thing, without the need to use a channel per note. I suppose the old way just gives you a single controller output per note, but MPE has multiple controller support per note.
    (Not to confuse anyone, I mean controller above as in a CC message output, not like an actual hardware controller.)

Still, it seems weird that this is looked upon as “game changing” but Polyphonic Aftertouch has been around forever and it seems no one really cared much about it.

• When AUv3 was announced back in 2015, one of the mentioned features was support for 256x16 midi cables. See here for a discussion: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117657

• @CracklePot

I still am wondering why regular ol’ Polyphonic Aftertouch isn’t used more.

You’re making a good point there. In effect, MPE has been around for decades, yet, pretty much nobody uses it even after all those years. I wonder why people suddenly bother just because you can now do MULTIPLE things you never did AT ONCE :D ;)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @CracklePot

I still am wondering why regular ol’ Polyphonic Aftertouch isn’t used more.

You’re making a good point there. In effect, MPE has been around for decades, yet, pretty much nobody uses it even after all those years. I wonder why people suddenly bother just because you can now do MULTIPLE things you never did AT ONCE :D ;)

Maybe the lack of good and affordable controllers with poly aftertouch.

• I’m interested in Launchpad Pro precisely because it supports poly aftertouch.