Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BIAS Amp 2.0

It looks like Positive Grid have released a 2.0 version of BIAS Amp, certainly on the UK App Store. I can’t seem to copy/paste the update notes on iPad... but it seems to have had quite an overhaul. I haven’t downloaded the update yet, very wary of a 2.0.0 version, there’s sure to be some gremlins !
I’m also a little concerned over the statement “BIAS Amp 1 owners qualify for special pricing ...” - the App Store is showing it as an update to my existing app, so that must be free, but the store isn’t showing any IAPs so I don’t know whether anything has been stripped out of the base product to become IAP, or whether the existing amp packs will carry over.
Take note that there is a warning in the app description for users of the physical BIAS head & rack not to update due to an incompatibility!

Edit: PG have a short FAQ here : https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003220292-FAQ-BIAS-AMP-2-Mobile
I think the free update to BIAS 2 doesn’t get quite as much features as the paid-for version (presumably an IAP upgrade?) but looks like it’s a couple of tubes, cabs, mic, transformer options. I think the original 3 IAP packs will carry over. I may try the new version on my partner’s iPad.

Comments

• I’ve updated (but not bought the v2 upgrade) and the IAP packs seem to have restored just fine.

It’s showing as a $22.99 upgrade for me, not sure if that’s US or AUD. Fairly sure it doesn’t offer much for my needs.

With this, Bias FX, ToneStack and numerous other apps I’m covered for guitar needs.

• edited May 2018

New interface is grim. The knobs are viewed from a low angle but the amp head graphic is drawn from a high angle. It’s physically impossible and messing with my head.

Upgrade cost is £14.99 uk.

• I dig the Bias FX/Amp combo I have now. I don't think I need to upgrade for any reason.

• I updated my wife’s iPad to BIAS 2 and compared it to mine on 1.8.2. I have to say, there doesn’t appear to be any difference functionally, other than one or two extra knobs in the EQ area and the option for a graphic vs parametric EQ. In terms of UI “update” it just looks like a re-skin for the main screen, the amp editing screens look exactly the same except the dials are harder to read, the mark on the knobs not so clear. My amp packs are still there. Access to the new tubes (2pre, 2power), cabs etc prompt for you to get the upgrade (£14.99).
    One peculiarity (bug?) is that, from what I can see, ALL the amp presets have the cab turned off. You can turn it on (but you have to enable “Unlock Signal path” in the settings!) but it doesn’t stick if you change preset again. I can’t see any new settings option that suggests a global setting for this...
    I haven’t played a guitar through it yet, so I can’t comment on the updated sound quality.

TL;DR I don’t think you lose anything through upgrading but it’s annoying the cabs default to off.

• It looks like this on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro:

Idiots.

• that's just sad looking haha

• @mistercharlie said:
    It looks like this on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro:

Idiots.

That’s hilarious! Maybe they’ve taken their inspiration from Picasso’s The Weeping Woman. There’s definitely something disturbing about it.

• edited May 2018

Looks fine to me

• edited May 2018

Yea it's just bias 1 with slightly better cabs. Doesnt seem like any sort of jump forward technology wise

• I can't look at those knobs. I feel like my eyes want to roll up into my head.
    Not hitting the update button much less purchasing the upgrade.

• @1nsomniak said:

Looks fine to me

hahaha

• Got a weird one, after closing and swiping away I’m still getting the red “recording” banner.

Super annoying, I suspect only fixed with a restart.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Got a weird one, after closing and swiping away I’m still getting the red “recording” banner.

Or hold the bias icon until it shakes, then press the X that appears. That seems to fix the problem with a few apps by that company....

• @mrufino1 said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    Got a weird one, after closing and swiping away I’m still getting the red “recording” banner.

Or hold the bias icon until it shakes, then press the X that appears. That seems to fix the problem with a few apps by that company....

Thanks for the tip! :D

• Is it just me encountering this 'bug' in Bias FX after the latest update to make it compatible with Bias Amp 2, but i am no longer getting any sound when using the output setting as Direct Out with the amp cab enabled. None of my presets, nor the factory ones make any sound anymore unless i turn off the cab in Output Global Settings. But then all presets sounds harsh and horrible and in no way anymore like my old presets sounded. Seems like the Direct out cab output got messed up after this latest Bias Amp 2 compatibility update. I am running iOS 10.3.3. Not sure if that has anything to do with it and this glitch might not exist in iOS 11. Can anyone verify if this works okay for them in the latest Bias FX? Thanks!

• @mistercharlie said:

Idiots.

the main issue that you can't turn on the cabinet section on iPad Pro :(

• @Kranick said:

@mistercharlie said:

Idiots.

Oh i was experiencing the same but thought this might be a lack of iap purchases I haven’t made (yet)

• ouch, those dials are truly awful for my eyeballs. every model has the same "looking up at the knobs" view. the only time you see that view is when you are laying on the stage in front of your amp... trippy

However, the numbers in that screenshot are all messed up by your own doing @mistercharlie . it looks like you accidentally designed a custom cab with numbers on the dial and on the cabinet... where do you actually turn the gain knob to set it at 7? lol

all things considered, I'm glad to see this update and grabbed it for the price of FREE. :+1:

• @Dutchee said:
    Is it just me encountering this 'bug' in Bias FX after the latest update to make it compatible with Bias Amp 2, but i am no longer getting any sound when using the output setting as Direct Out with the amp cab enabled. None of my presets, nor the factory ones make any sound anymore unless i turn off the cab in Output Global Settings. But then all presets sounds harsh and horrible and in no way anymore like my old presets sounded. Seems like the Direct out cab output got messed up after this latest Bias Amp 2 compatibility update. I am running iOS 10.3.3. Not sure if that has anything to do with it and this glitch might not exist in iOS 11. Can anyone verify if this works okay for them in the latest Bias FX? Thanks!

I’m on IOS 11 and I have the same problem with Bias FX: no sound using Direct Out. So it’s not usable anymore 😠.

• It appears the App is free at the moment if I'm not mistaken..... :p

http://appshopper.com/music/bias-amps

• edited May 2018

@iamspoon said:
    It appears the App is free at the moment if I'm not mistaken..... :p

Well look at that. Good news, I also just learned from that page that a student has found a brand new way to burn fat!!

• @mrufino1 said:

@iamspoon said:

We'll look at that. Good news, I also just learned from that page that a student has found a brand new way to burn fat!!

Do share, I could do with the info.

I suffer from cake retention.

• will not even consider anything new from Positive Grid! They took good money from me for JamUp IAPs and later chose to ignore my IAA issues...

• @TheVimFuego said:

@mrufino1 said:

@iamspoon said:

We'll look at that. Good news, I also just learned from that page that a student has found a brand new way to burn fat!!

Do share, I could do with the info.

I suffer from cake retention.

if you trust in online-ads then scroll down the page and do as advised :D

• @iamspoon said:

Huh? So if we upgrade from a paid version, we don’t get the new stuff, but everyone else can have the full app for free?! Is there any way to take advantage of this freebie if we already have it?

• @Kranick said:

@mistercharlie said:

Idiots.

Oh no, I updated BIAS FX on my iPad Air 2 thinking they can’t mess that up with a simple update for compatibility! I haven’t tried it yet but will have a go now.

• @Durwin99 said:

@iamspoon said:

Huh? So if we upgrade from a paid version, we don’t get the new stuff, but everyone else can have the full app for free?! Is there any way to take advantage of this freebie if we already have it?

Ja, funny isn’t it?
    But that’s the game called AppStore. You never know. I gave Mattieu 20€ for BM3 when it was released... at NAMM 2018 the app was free got some days
    You never know ;)

• Ok, I remembered that my wife has her own App Store account so I picked up the “free” BIAS Amp 2. It turns out that this is the same version that we get as a free upgrade from BIAS 1 - in other words, the extra tubes, cabs, tweaks etc are all IAP (at £20, so as upgraders we get £5 off). Strangely, the cabs do NOT default to off on this version, unlike the upgrade version where you have to turn them on every time.

On the subject of cabs not working as expected, I can confirm that on our Air and Air 2, I get no sound out of BIAS FX when the “Direct Out” mode is set - you only get sound out if you disable the cab, which sounds poor. So this app is now completely useless.

I’m sure they will fix these faults (SURELY this should have been fixed during beta testing) but maybe it’s time to just ditch all these Positive Grid apps, their attitude to the iOS platform has gone downhill since the days of Jam Up Pro...