Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @giku_beepstreet I love the name DRambo! So much to work with and easier to remember than Tensor

• @giku_beepstreet
    Both names are good. Think i give the slight edge to DRambo

• edited May 2018

This looks fab!
    What does this mean? Per step conditionals

I'd vote for Drambo (even though as an earlier poster said, it reminds me of Drambuie). Drambo already feels like it's name to me. Good luck!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • With that accompanying picture it might as well be called 'DaRumble' :)

• Tensor is less fun, DRambo is awesome.

• Given the details we've got so far, DRambo better captures the mayhem that will ensue.

• Don't listen to me, but DRambo is terrible. Part Dramamine (motion sickness medication), part Rambo (the worst jingoistic impulses of the 80s). That said, I REMEMBER THE 80S — who the hell cares what I think? ;)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Don't listen to me, but DRambo is terrible. Part Dramamine (motion sickness medication), part Rambo (the worst jingoistic impulses of the 80s). That said, I REMEMBER THE 80S — who the hell cares what I think.

Someone hates freedom. ;)

• @giku_beepstreet
    Will it also b a standalone?

• edited May 2018

Irrespective of political overtones etc Drambo is more memorable (and for me suggests a small elephant and a wee shot of scotch....)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Irrespective of political overtones etc Drambo is more memorable (and for me suggests a small elephant and a wee shot of scotch....)

You’re such a glass-half-full guy!
    I’ll join you in a half-glass of Scotch.

• I love DRambo too

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    As its in development phase... do you like the name DRambo? There is an alternative: Tensor.

How to make a poll here?

Drambo is a good name albeit it seems a bit childish to me probably because of Dumbo ;).

I guess Tensor keeps in line with Impaktor but I kinda got used to Drambo.

Maybe instead of polling you should just see what the community comes up with? You can always keep your original ideas if nothing decent comes up.

• edited May 2018

Ok detonated! ;)

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @giku_beepstreet

Initially standalone in AUM ;) but fullscreen

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @giku_beepstreet

Initially standalone in AUM ;) but fullscreen

Beautiful. That solves stem export, nicely

• No it isn't and no it doesn't. Just because it does for you, doesn't mean it's "useless". Try reinstalling it if you haven't already. Restoring your device could also help.

• edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't use AUM like that. The way I use it makes it very useful. I just don't think those kinds of negative absolute statements are constructive. You're having some issues with it. It might be AUM, it might be Model D. If you had said "it's useless to me", I probably wouldn't have commented.

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

@Dawdles said:

@gleandibson said:
    No it isn't and no it doesn't. Just because it does for you, doesn't mean it's "useless". Try reinstalling it if you haven't already. Restoring your device could also help.

So you personally can sequence stuff like a couple of a instances of model d in it and no crackles if exit the AUM UI? No joy here. And it's more of an issue when using IAA and full app switching. I get the same issues on both a 2017 iPad and iPhone SE. Seemed to be confirmed by others in another thread? Something to do with graphics cpu priorities from apple...

I can. iPad Air 2. Ruismaker plus two Model D. Sequenced from Xequence. 256 frames buffer, 44100 kHz. Breaks up on adding the third Model D. But that is the same for all DAWs not particular to AUM.

• edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited May 2018

@Dawdles said:

@wim said:

@Dawdles said:

@gleandibson said:
    No it isn't and no it doesn't. Just because it does for you, doesn't mean it's "useless". Try reinstalling it if you haven't already. Restoring your device could also help.

So you personally can sequence stuff like a couple of a instances of model d in it and no crackles if exit the AUM UI? No joy here. And it's more of an issue when using IAA and full app switching. I get the same issues on both a 2017 iPad and iPhone SE. Seemed to be confirmed by others in another thread? Something to do with graphics cpu priorities from apple...

I can. iPad Air 2. Ruismaker plus two Model D. Sequenced from Xequence. 256 frames buffer, 44100 kHz. Breaks up on adding the third Model D. But that is the same for all DAWs not particular to AUM.

I can switch in and out of model D AU in Bm3 and no clicks.. It's an AUM/IAA thing as far as I can tell? I should maybe clarify, its not just model d that I have issues with in AUM like this.. It's a general audio problem that pops up pretty often when switching apps. And IAA is even worse..

That's why I was so hyped about this drambo, thinking it was an AUv3 I could run in Bm3... Hopefully that'll get added later?

Edit - I should probably also clarify that BM3 also glitches with IAA switching. It's not just AUM. But it's more of a problem in AUM as it doesn't have its own sequencer so it's more likely I use external IAA like Quantum or GrooveRider...

What are your buffer settings in AUM and are they the same in BM3? Sample rate can also make a difference.

• On Air 2 the emulation moogs (less so Animooog) are cpu intensive to say the least no matter the host. Airplane mode is a must, and limiting moving parts in general has become the norm also.

This discussion has been closed.