Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Cib said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Some experiments with FM. FM operator module uses ascending module as a modulation source. Theoretically you can build any FM structure and use filters, distortions or even reverb ;) between operators. App UI is still a draft https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyr5mumurl4zg8m/drambo_fm.mov?dl=0

Really nice....my cup of tea for sure. How many modules are possible?

Until 100% CPU ;).

That´s the right answer here ;)

• @Littlewoodg said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @giku_beepstreet
    Song mode?

You mean sequence of patterns. Of course + performance mode: you play different tracks from different patterns.

:)

If that’s already part of the plan, then I do have one small request: stem export, or multi audio-out (or both...)

Yes please

• After watching that video I'm now itching to get my hands on this one. Looks fab!

• edited April 2018

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Just figured out how Octatrack scenes work. Crazy! I want this! :)

I'm amazed that no one has yet really tried to make an iOS version of the Octatrack. It's soooooo gooooood.

Your new app sounds bloody awesome!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Where are the screenshots :#

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Some experiments with FM. FM operator module uses ascending module as a modulation source. Theoretically you can build any FM structure and use filters, samplers, distortions or even reverb ;) between operators. App UI is still a draft https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyr5mumurl4zg8m/drambo_fm.mov?dl=0

Yessir mm hmmm. Gimme gimme

• @Dawdles said:

@syrupcore said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @giku_beepstreet
    Song mode?

You mean sequence of patterns. Of course + performance mode: you play different tracks from different patterns.

:)

If that’s already part of the plan, then I do have one small request: stem export, or multi audio-out (or both...)

I have one too: a way to temporarily play just a part of a longer pattern chain without blowing up the main sequence of patterns. Essentially a way to loop a subset of the entire chain so that you can, say, work on your bridge section. Similar to moving loop markers in a linear sequencer. This is also great for performance—loop a section, mess with it live for a while and then move on to another section.

I love the way midiSteps visually implements this with the note steps. You can essentially set start and end markers on any step within the longer sequence of notes and move them about as needed.

Sounds useful. But You'd probably just use a different pattern for your bridge section, no?

If your sections were made up of single patterns, yes. But what if the intro is patterns 1-3, the verse is patterns 4-7, the bridge is 8-9...

• @realdawei said:

@Samplemunch said:

@realdawei said:

@oat_phipps said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Forgot about side-chaining: track output can be used as a modulation source for other tracks (e.g. Amp - pumping! , filter, or delay fx)

Will the sequencer be available in AU mode. How about AUv3 Full Screen and MIDI out?

Yes, sequencer is the heart of the app, it drives parameter locks.

MIDI Out and fullscreen - future updates.

Okay so I think you might nail the first authentic hit on iOS. Looking forward to it.

Come now, ...Animoog? Patterning?

:D By hit I mean something that transcends the current iOS community. Something so EPIC that it becomes mainstream beyond our tiny corner

That wont happen.

Stunning positivity

Nope, just living on the planet earth, this is special for IOS, desktop not so much ;)
    Be happy that developers are developing great tools for IOS by supporting them and not blowing smoke up their jack !!

• @Samplemunch said:

@realdawei said:

@Samplemunch said:

@realdawei said:

@oat_phipps said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Forgot about side-chaining: track output can be used as a modulation source for other tracks (e.g. Amp - pumping! , filter, or delay fx)

Will the sequencer be available in AU mode. How about AUv3 Full Screen and MIDI out?

Okay so I think you might nail the first authentic hit on iOS. Looking forward to it.

:D By hit I mean something that transcends the current iOS community. Something so EPIC that it becomes mainstream beyond our tiny corner

That wont happen.

Stunning positivity

Nope, just living on the planet earth, this is special for IOS, desktop not so much ;)
    Be happy that developers are developing great tools for IOS by supporting them and not blowing smoke up their jack !!

Meh..earth is overrated.

• @Samplemunch said:

@realdawei said:

@Samplemunch said:

@realdawei said:

@oat_phipps said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

That wont happen.

Stunning positivity

Some devs run on jack smoke.

• edited May 2018

Yeah the ones that release, never update and disappear, the ones that don't and don't need to, do things like Rosetta hah (Just one example)

• “Get off my lawn”

• @AudioGus said:

@Samplemunch said:

@realdawei said:

@Samplemunch said:

@realdawei said:

@oat_phipps said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

That wont happen.

Stunning positivity

Some devs run on jack smoke.

Prior to Apple removing the jack :s

• Yee haw, sounds and looks fantastic.

• @giku_beepstreet would love to see a preview of the slicing/looper features! will there be a time limit on samples?

• edited May 2018

@giku_beepstreet this is looking great. Are you planning on modeling some of the UX around what one can do on a Digitakt and octatrack?

Per step conditionals
    Per step modulation
    Per step sample loading (different sounds on each step)

Also, how many channels will this have? Will it be your version of a Digitakt?

I apologize if you’ve already answered these questions.

Where can i wire you my money? B) <3

• If there was ever a synonym for tripping at dawn on the way home then mangling on the send bus should be it...

• @echoopera said:
    @giku_beepstreet this is looking great. Are you planning on modeling some of the UX around what one can do on a Digitakt and octatrack?

Per step conditionals
    Per step modulation

I hope its more than Digitakt (or even Octatrack).

• Its modular - about 40 module types are planned at the beginning
    • Per step modulation - p-locks - yes for every parameter
    • Per step sample loading: yes you can use stacked samples or slicer and use start sample parameter (or modulate it)
    • 8 channels + 2 sends + master
    • Per step conditionals - there are modules that manipulate on triggers: fill, repeat, splash, randomize, trigger counter modulator, conditions etc.. You can use many of them in the row. You can enable/disable modules on p-locks as well.
  • @giku_beepstreet said:

@echoopera said:

Per step conditionals
    Per step modulation

I hope its more than Digitakt (or even Octatrack).

• Its modular - about 40 module types are planned at the beginning
    • Per step modulation - p-locks - yes for every parameter
    • Per step sample loading: yes you can use stacked samples or slicer and use start sample parameter (or modulate it)
    • 8 channels + 2 sends + master
    • Per step conditionals - there are modules that manipulate on triggers: fill, repeat, splash, randomize, trigger counter modulator, conditions etc.. You can use many of them in the row. You can enable/disable modules on p-locks as well.

Anybody who doesn’t see this as a game-changa has no vision :D

• I'm looking at the dictionary under "instabuy" and there's a picture of this app :)

• As its in development phase... do you like the name DRambo? There is an alternative: Tensor.

How to make a poll here?

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    As its in development phase... do you like the name DRambo? There is an alternative: Tensor.

How to make a poll here?

Tensor makes more sense, maybe, but DRambo is more memorable and fun. It is also how the app has been introduced to us so we now love and accept it! :smile: DRambo for me.

This discussion has been closed.