Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• edited April 2018

@giku_beepstreet said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @giku_beepstreet
    Song mode?

You mean sequence of patterns. Of course + performance mode: you play different tracks from different patterns.

:)

If that’s already part of the plan, then I do have one small request: stem export, or multi audio-out (or both...)

• edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2018

@Max23 said:
    @Littlewoodg
    forget about NI stems,
    just mute what you don't want, export, repeat ...
    who needs NI for that? ;)
    and its not limited to 4 tracks that way ;)

not a fan of ripping things apart that way anyway,
    sometimes single busses sound really shit,
    but wonderful when played together ...

Not talking about NI stems as such. Think stem pre the NI tech, just separate .wav per track for further play and/or mixdown in other apps, or off-device. A feature seen in Gadget, iMPC Pro 2, TriqTraq, GR-16, Modstep, SunVox, Synergy, Elastic Drums, etc. etc.

(without the need for a workaround like mute/export/repeat - which I was happy with in iSequence while the AudioCopy still worked)

• Yah i was wondering about export too, but if i have to run multiple instances and spread things out across numerous banks in bm3 to seperate things then so be it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2018

multiple instances would not be a big buzz kill for me... quite the opposite. I always thought that was one of two main things about AUs, that and daws recalling the settings. Like if Egoist were an AU I would sketch all in one for a while but then at a certain point be able to easily load the same project on multiple instances and just mute or clear the various components. It would only take a minute or two at the end.

But hey whatever i get, i get, if it sticks great, if not, no biggee. If i get a few hours joy and a few minutes of usable footage that is break even entertainment / creative dollar wise.

• What about shareable/persistable patterns or sequences?

• edited April 2018

Sorry if I got the thread off on a tangent- Stems if this DRambo is also to exist as a stand-alone build....

(My frame of reference however perverse is the wonderful and still in many ways unsurpassed iSequence...in my little world DRambo if stand-alone could be iSequence 3.0...and more. But if it’s to be AUv3 only then maybe just fix the broken ACP export in iSequence 2)

• June release. New iPad Pro maybe in June? Well looks like iOS is sucking me back in full bore

• Sounds like the Ultrabeat for iOS finally (kind of at least).

• btw. Its has nothing to do with iSequence and it won't have arpeggiator. Its a drum machine. Think of it like on a highly customisable Tempest / Analog Rytm / Digitakt. It can play melodies, but its not its main task.

• @Samu said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

I’m sure I can see iCloud Gadget files on my Mac’s file system. I can pull individual projects off to my computer that I’ve started on my iPhone (and tapped to make them on icloud).

Do you have the Mac version of Gadget installed?

I can't see any of my Gadget 'iCloud Files' on the Mac but I can sync them to my phone from iCloud.
    Also there's no 'Gadget' folder o my iCloud Drive...

Yep. I have Gadget for Mac installed. Maybe that’s what makes the difference.

• My frame of reference however perverse is the wonderful and still in many ways unsurpassed iSequence..

Ok so this has me curious now. Feels like I should start a new thread regarding iSequence.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Sorry if I got the thread off on a tangent- Stems if this DRambo is also to exist as a stand-alone build....

(My frame of reference however perverse is the wonderful and still in many ways unsurpassed iSequence...in my little world DRambo if stand-alone could be iSequence 3.0...and more. But if it’s to be AUv3 only then maybe just fix the broken ACP export in iSequence 2)

I am forever standing behind your iSequence pulpit saying YES.

• Does it FM and ring modulation as well?

• edited April 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I am forever standing behind your iSequence pulpit saying YES.

Shoulder to shoulder we stand. And thanks for helping ID one of the many voices in my head. Of the things I’ve been hearing, yes is of course my fav.

• @Cib said:
    Does it FM and ring modulation as well?

Yes, filter FM, sample FM..

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Cib said:
    Does it FM and ring modulation as well?

Yes, filter FM, sample FM..

Nice. It would be interesting if i could build large drum machines with it (like the Logic drum machine designer).
    I guess via AUv3 it will be possible. Now i just need some kind of iOS DAW with stacked tracks to hide all the fine editing stuff and tracks if needed.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. Its has nothing to do with iSequence and it won't have arpeggiator. Its a drum machine. Think of it like on a highly customisable Tempest / Analog Rytm / Digitakt. It can play melodies, but its not its main task.

It’s an instant purchase for me, like all your stuff (including the vsts). Keep up the good work!

• Will the sound generators from impaktor be in this? (sorry for being redundant here). Definitely looking forward to a new drum machine however I'm really interested in triggering this with my e-drum. Really excited here!

• This looks to be awesome! Will definitely buy it. Looking forward.

Can parameter locks be set with an Elektron-style “hold step and tweak parameter”?

What about pitch glide/portamento?

• @Littlewoodg said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @giku_beepstreet
    Song mode?

You mean sequence of patterns. Of course + performance mode: you play different tracks from different patterns.

:)

If that’s already part of the plan, then I do have one small request: stem export, or multi audio-out (or both...)

I have one too: a way to temporarily play just a part of a longer pattern chain without blowing up the main sequence of patterns. Essentially a way to loop a subset of the entire chain so that you can, say, work on your bridge section. Similar to moving loop markers in a linear sequencer. This is also great for performance—loop a section, mess with it live for a while and then move on to another section.

I love the way midiSteps visually implements this with the note steps. You can essentially set start and end markers on any step within the longer sequence of notes and move them about as needed.

• edited April 2018

Some experiments with FM. FM operator module uses ascending module as a modulation source. Theoretically you can build any FM structure and use filters, samplers, distortions or even reverb ;) between operators. App UI is still a draft https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyr5mumurl4zg8m/drambo_fm.mov?dl=0

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Some experiments with FM. FM operator module uses ascending module as a modulation source. Theoretically you can build any FM structure and use filters, distortions or even reverb ;) between operators. App UI is still a draft https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyr5mumurl4zg8m/drambo_fm.mov?dl=0

Really nice....my cup of tea for sure. How many modules are possible?

• @Cib said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Some experiments with FM. FM operator module uses ascending module as a modulation source. Theoretically you can build any FM structure and use filters, distortions or even reverb ;) between operators. App UI is still a draft https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyr5mumurl4zg8m/drambo_fm.mov?dl=0

Really nice....my cup of tea for sure. How many modules are possible?

Until 100% CPU ;).

This discussion has been closed.