Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app by the strange agency.soup granular.

Soup Granular de « The Strange Agency LLC »

Comments

• Looks and sounds interesting. Is it worth a tenner to find out, does it have any connectivity. Douuuuuuuug. :)

• Curtis and Spunk?

The 70s buddy cop series that sadly never was.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Curtis and Spunk?

The 70s buddy cop series that sadly never was.

>

Yeah, I noticed that too. :)

• if anyone has done a demo featuring drums or something easier to make out how things are being souped, would love to see it.

• @kobamoto said:

Oh Lordy, will you look at that

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    £10 seems kinda steep in relation to other options. Sounds/looks a 'nowhere near as powerful or useful' idensity? I'm no granular expert tho, am I missing something?

Is this AU?

Hard to tell what, if any connectivity this has, as the devs aren’t telling...at lest on the App Store page.

As for the iDensity comparison, I know what yu mean, but this may be easier and more intuitive. Maybe.

• Difficult to tell from the vid what this does, the fx all sound a bit samey. Look forward to finding out more though, as I’m a sucker for a sample mangler.

• Having beta'd it for a short period, I can say that at this time there is no AB, IAA, open in or AU. File import is only via iTunes. The dev is looking into other export options at the moment.

• @thinds said:
    Having beta'd it for a short period, I can say that at this time there is no AB, IAA, open in or AU. File import is only via iTunes. The dev is looking into other export options at the moment.

>

Then, to be honest, he’s pushing his luck selling this at just under a tenner.

I mean, it’s not the devs first app, they know customers like connectivity. To release it with bugger-all is strange and rather disappointing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @thinds said:
    Having beta'd it for a short period, I can say that at this time there is no AB, IAA, open in or AU. File import is only via iTunes. The dev is looking into other export options at the moment.

I’m a certified granular nut but the combination in close succession of the words “import”, “only” and “iTunes” puts a MargaretThatcher-sized dent in my app buying boner impulse response.

Will check back in a few months.

• Somehow retro apps aren’t a thing yet we want the modern features

• Granular is usually an instant purchase but no AB/IAA/AU or AudioShare support is a no go.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Somehow retro apps aren’t a thing yet we want the modern features

Unless sold at retro prices. ;)

• @knewspeak said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Somehow retro apps aren’t a thing yet we want the modern features

Unless sold at retro prices. ;)

Bing bing bing.

• @thinds said:

There’s no point to a music app that doesn’t connect to the outside world. iTunes doesn’t count. Haven’t used my laptop in nearly a year.

• Funnily enough I’m hooking my iPad up to the desktop a lot these days, so I can look past the lack of connectivity. What I can’t look past is the price, and the fact none of the devs other apps have been updated to work with ios11.

Shame, could be a good thing.

• Has someone the appshopper link? I cannot find it, wanted to put this on my radar ;)

• edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MonzoPro said:

What I can’t look past is the price, and the fact none of the devs other apps have been updated to work with ios11.

I have their MegaCurtisBig, and even though it was last updated 2 years ago, it work with latest IOS. It also has AB support and is IAA. Which makes it doubly odd that the new gizmo arrives with bloody iTunes!

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

What I can’t look past is the price, and the fact none of the devs other apps have been updated to work with ios11.

I have their MegaCurtisBig, and even though it was last updated 2 years ago, it work with latest IOS. It also has AB support and is IAA. Which makes it doubly odd that the new gizmo arrives with bloody iTunes!

I guess they’re using different sources for code, rather than having a consistent in-house framework.

Think I’ve got a couple of his apps here, but when I checked the other apps in the Store they all flashed compatibility warnings.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

AB support is almost like an IAP, as it is only available on mega curtisbig, not the lower entries. I wonder if this new app will use a similar strategy.

BTW, what are your thoughts on MegaCurtisBig? I read the description and it sounds pretty interesting as well.

• edited April 2018

@CracklePot said:
    BTW, what are your thoughts on MegaCurtisBig? I read the description and it sounds pretty interesting as well.

>

MegaCurtisBig is great fun, and easy to use.

RTM used it for the ghostly voices featured on ‘Rosabelle Believe’, about the death of Harry Houdini.

MCB effects are featured around 1:30 and 3:25, if you are pushed for time. :)

repulsethemonkey.bandcamp.com/track/rosabelle-believe

• Hey I sent the Strange agency LLC a request for them to add audiobus and AU.
    maybe some of you guys can do the same, here is their adress.

[email protected]

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    Hey I sent the Strange agency LLC a request for them to add audiobus and AU.
    maybe some of you guys can do the same, here is their adress.

[email protected]

>

Do you think this will have any effect? I mean, these guys know exactly how important connectivity is to IOS music makers, yet they chose to launch an app with nothing other than the abominable iTunes. So it would appear that we are not their target market. :'(

• From the dev’s site :

Will you be adding Audiobus or IAA?

For now the answer is "sorry, probably not".

Why not?

Soup was conceived as a standalone app and, between the fluid simulation and the granular synth, it uses just about 100% of the CPU on most iPads.