Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg and Nintendo made a commercial... and it's so bad that it's good!

edited April 2018 in Other

My favourite part is the look of joy on the guy's face when he draws the waveform on Kamata. Twisting those Switch remotes also looks immensely satisfying. The soundtrack could have been "improved" with a little more "Future Bass" IMO... Pan out to the wall at the end. Good times! :p

Comments

• Uggghh. I just wish they’d focus on iOS and macOS for Gadget and give use MidiOUt and AUfx support already and stop being distracted with the Nintendo platform. I can’t imagine it selling that much.

Hopefully it’s a different dev team doing the work for switch.

But who knows. Hrmmm.

• I'm pretty sure development for Switch is a done deal at this stage.

• @echoopera said:

Hopefully it’s a different dev team doing the work for switch.

It is a different team (Detune), the dudes behind iDS-10 and iMS-20.
    They have a bunch of other DS apps available too, wish their iYM2151 would make it to Gadget some point in time :)

• For iOS & Desktop users this might look as uninteresting news.

But for millions of kids, tomorrow’s beatmakers and makers of what the future will bring, this is quite a genius move : allowing pretty advanced music production access through a game console, congrats Korg & Nintendo.

I can’t wait to hear what 5-15 year olds will create!

Best

Nico

• Time Attack Challenge! Sounds fun. $48, available now.
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/korg-gadget-for-nintendo-switch

This is the one I'm waiting for, though. VR!

• @Samu said:

They have a bunch of other DS apps available too, wish their iYM2151 would make it to Gadget some point in time :)

:love: Yes, please! lol

• edited April 2018

@saxophonick said:
    For iOS & Desktop users this might look as uninteresting news.

But for millions of kids, tomorrow’s beatmakers and makers of what the future will bring, this is quite a genius move : allowing pretty advanced music production access through a game console, congrats Korg & Nintendo.

I can’t wait to hear what 5-15 year olds will create!

Best

Nico

Most Switch users are 20+

• Awful vid. Love to have Gadget on a big screen like that though. iPads need external monitor connectivity.

• Woah... I should make three friends.

• @AudioGus said:
    Woah... I should make three friends.

Ha!
    I have to start with one...

My question is where’s the camera panning to at the end of the clip

• @Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:
    Woah... I should make three friends.

Ha!
    I have to start with one...

My question is where’s the camera panning to at the end of the clip

• I suppose Xbox One & Playstation will be next?........ Shame they didn't do one for Windows (maybe yah, or maybe Nay?).......... Hey Ho!....... Hey, they may make Gadget for Andriod?

• @studs1966 said:
    I suppose Xbox One & Playstation will be next?........ Shame they didn't do one for Windows (maybe yah, or maybe Nay?).......... Hey Ho!....... Hey, they may make Gadget for Andriod?

Doubt it. Detune mostly builds these things for Nintendo.

• @robertreynolds said:

@studs1966 said:
    I suppose Xbox One & Playstation will be next?........ Shame they didn't do one for Windows (maybe yah, or maybe Nay?).......... Hey Ho!....... Hey, they may make Gadget for Andriod?

Doubt it. Detune mostly builds these things for Nintendo.

I think 'they' in this case was not referring to Detune

• wow. and here i am constantly trying to convince musician friends that gadget is not a toy.

• @vpich said:
    wow. and here i am constantly trying to convince musician friends that gadget is not a toy.

aww just go full circle and embrace toys as a good thing :)