Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tonebridge Updated

edited December 2017 in General App Discussion

The free Tonebridge app has been updated. The original let’s you choose a song and it presents a preset to use with that song. There are now some variations available to that tone. But now there is a paid upgrade which allows you to see what effects, amp etc were used to make that tone and you are able to individually tweak all the parameters. The downside is that this is a subscription service costing $5.99 per month. So that’s me out.

Comments

• I’m out too. I wouldn’t subscribe at any price, but $5.99 per month? Will it change my strings?

• I really like the app. The sounds it provides are usually pretty dead on. Subscription is not appealing to me. Especially since I own most of the other guitar ios apps out there, and I have all of the IAP's to go with them. So, as Eddie from National Lampoons Christmas Vaca. says "Those are, (like the Jelly of the month club) the gift that keeps on giving. Unlike the ToneBridge Subscrip, that would be where, I would keep on giving.

• It looks like another reincarnation of AmpKit app :smile: See screenshots from Tonebridge and AmpKit wit the same gear. If so, then you could purchase the subscription just for set of presets for AmpKit?

Tonebridge:

AmpKit

• Tone Wizard now free and you can play along to local music library, Apple Music and Spotify tracks.

Lawksalordy, this just got a lot more usable. The tone isn’t the best to my ears (a bit thin but can now be tweakable so ...) but you can’t argue with immediacy of plugging in and jamming.

And free. Top job chaps you should get a lot more people on board with this.

• This is good. :)

• edited February 2018

Adjusting tones still showing as a paid extra for me!
    P.S. i didn’t see the update - now seeing it for free!

• I just tweaked a pedalboard in Tonebridge for free! Awesome thanks for the post!

• edited February 2018

Yea it seems free in the US version. The subscription is for tabs I think. Sweet I didn't realize it was ampkit under the hood

• Like, it's really ampkit, our just really really really really similar? Cuz it sounds better than ampkit to me.

• When you look at what makes up the tones in Tonewizrad, it is the same gear as Ampkit. It includes stuff that you have to pay for in Ampkit. If the quality is better as well, then this is insanely generous.

• Ampkit was recently updated as well. Think they're one and the same now

• edited February 2018

Allowing to tweak the settings makes this hugely more useful now. And it one the few (only?) AUv3 guitar effects apps.

• Unfortunately you can’t access the Tone Wizard feature from within the AUv3 plugin. If you need to tweak your tone you have to launch the full app, make the changes then load the plugin again

• I'm really curious if it's been ampkit under the hood this whole time or they switched. Seems likely that it always was since switching would require a lot of preset refinagling. Has anyone noticed a change in overall sound?

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    I'm really curious if it's been ampkit under the hood this whole time or they switched. Seems likely that it always was since switching would require a lot of preset refinagling. Has anyone noticed a change in overall sound?

I thought this was two completely different companies? I guess I'm mistaken?

• @High5denied said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:
    I'm really curious if it's been ampkit under the hood this whole time or they switched. Seems likely that it always was since switching would require a lot of preset refinagling. Has anyone noticed a change in overall sound?

I thought this was two completely different companies? I guess I'm mistaken?

I think you are probably correct. My assumption is Tonebridge is made by Ultimate Guitar Tabs company to let people approximate the tones from the famous song the are learning from the guitar tabs. They probably licensed the Ampkit stuff from the other company. But I don’t know any of this as fact, just my guess as to why Ampkit is hidden inside Tonebridge.

• Someone should shoot them an email? :)

• edited April 2018

Hi guys, Eugene from Ultimate Guitar here. Excuse me for being a slowpoke and not replying for so long.

1. AmpKit and Tonebridge. Under the hood of Tonebridge there is really an AmpKit sound engine. Agile parters, a company that owns AmpKit, is owned by Ultimate Guitar (for several years). But we went further and updated the engine in the end of 2016—added splines, power sag effect, updated the stereo effects a bit etc. So if you love AmpKit sound, you will love Tonebridge sound even more.

2. Free Tone Wizard. We launched Tone Wizard feature as a paid feature to test the demand (and run a test in Great Britain and Australia). The numbers we got in the test told us that it's better to make the feature free, and now you can tweak presets for free :smile:

Feel free to ask any questions about the app, I will be happy to answer.

P. S. A huge update is coming… Tweaking pre-made presets is good, but guess what could be better than that? ;)

• @tigermetal said:
    Hi guys, Eugene from Ultimate Guitar here. Excuse me for being a slowpoke and not replying for so long.

1. AmpKit and Tonebridge. Under the hood of Tonebridge there is really an AmpKit sound engine. Agile parters, a company that owns AmpKit, is owned by Ultimate Guitar (for several years). But we went further and updated the engine in the end of 2016—added splines, power sag effect, updated the stereo effects a bit etc. So if you love AmpKit sound, you will love Tonebridge sound even more.

2. Free Tone Wizard. We launched Tone Wizard feature as a paid feature to test the demand (and run a test in Great Britain and Australia). The numbers we got in the test told us that it's better to make the feature free, and now you can tweak presets for free :smile:

Feel free to ask any questions about the app, I will be happy to answer.

P. S. A huge update is coming… Tweaking pre-made presets is good, but guess what could be better than that? ;)

Ahhh, so it is all under one roof. Good to know.

I can’t wait to see what you guys have in store with this huge update. It is amazingly generous of you to offer this app with all of its great features, for free. Thank you. B)

• @tigermetal

I’m hoping that AmpKit will, at the very least, be kept up to date with the latest iOS updates. It’s a great guitar app, and I’ve got quite a few presets in it.

• @tigermetal I really love Tonebridge. Whenever I show other guitar players, they’re always impressed. I would rrrrreally love if the AU would recall the preset used for the session upon loading. That’s one of the main advantages with AU!

• I’m not counting Tonebridge because I don’t want to.

• edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Tonbridge just got updated. User presets. Still sucks for AU though :(

No control over params. You just have 2 knobs. Can't modulate the effect on/off without it muting the entire signal (seems built to be used more like a send?? Which makes no sense?) or blend wet/dry or tweak settings to fit the sound you're using it for. A shame cos it's pretty useable standalone... Guess for free you can't complain but pity to see an AU that could be 100 times more useable just going to waste :(

Sorry, the AU is a simpler version of the app, because technically you can't do much with it too (and doing the same feature in AU is like making two features, that's why we don't add everything from the app to the AU).

Will try to improve it in future though!

• @Dawdles said:
    This is actually looking like it'll be pretty useful in a super clunky and static kind of way... Made a bunch of presets in 10 minutes that'll see some use and sound better to me than anything I've currently got in AU for the same jobs.

Just FYI, you can create a personal preset and then use it in AU. Just open it before using it in AU.