Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: IK Multimedia UNO Synth

edited May 2018 in Other

“A paradigm shift from the leader in analog modelling technology”. :/ Does anyone know anything? Can anyone guess? Hardware, software? Will whatever it is come to iOS or be iOS compatible? Most of their stuff has been ported to iOS, so I think it might. Syntronik has changed my opinion of IK Multimedia so I find myself mildly excited to discover what it could be.

EDIT:
Updated the thread title to reflect the announcement.

Comments

• Well that's about as vague as it gets.... anyone going to superbooth?

• Mhhh....they sure make some good stuff but leader in analog modeling technology sounds a bit over the top.
    Maybe it´s FX....

• To me, there is only one product they can be referring to when they call themselves "the leader in analog modeling technology" and that is Modo Bass.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/modobass/

I have no idea what they have in mind, but what do I hope it will be? MODO GUITAR.
    A modeling instrument that includes over a dozen of the most famous electric guitars: a strat, SG, tele, rickenbacker 12-string, etc., etc. You'll be able to set them up with different gauges of strings, pickup types, play styles, whammy bars. It will come with a ton of amps and stompboxes, taken from their various libraries.

If IK pulls it off and it's as good as Modo Bass, it would truly be a paradigm shift-- it could become one of their biggest sellers ever.

Modo Bass doesn't have an acoustic bass. If Modo Guitar had acoustic guitars, it would be even better.
    And there's no reason why it couldn't have an electric sitar, dobro, resonator, even a banjo. Absolutely no reason why they couldn't do that in Modo Guitar. Or introduce it with Modo Guitar Deluxe. :)

It can't be pianos--that's Pianoteq
    Organs and drums- Done a million times
    They've already modeled synths with Syntronik and classic effects machines with T-Racks and Amplitude
    If they model woodwinds and horns--that's been done very well by other companies like SampleModeling for many years.

The only modeled guitar is Variax--and that starts with a real guitar. Nothing like Modo Bass, which is pure software.

There is no reason why Modo Bass or Modo Guitar couldn't be ported to iOS. They both would have a much smaller GB footprint than Syntronik. But they haven't yet ported Modo Bass for whatever reason.

• This will definitely be something new and exciting, even for us here internally. Can't wait! But I can't tell either. Sorry.

• @ikmultimedia said:
    This will definitely be something new and exciting, even for us here internally. Can't wait! But I can't tell either. Sorry.

But can you tell if it´s iOS, windows and mac?

• @Cib said:

@ikmultimedia said:
    This will definitely be something new and exciting, even for us here internally. Can't wait! But I can't tell either. Sorry.

But can you tell if it´s iOS, windows and mac?

I can only tell that it will be one, all, or none of those things!

• @ikmultimedia said:

I can only tell that it will be one, all, or none of those things!

Software or Hardware?

• edited April 2018

@ikmultimedia said:

Damn! Well, we tried...

• We'll have more substantial clues dropping.

• A real, as in physical not software, synth....I’m sure I can hear a switch click when the pitch goes up 1 oct

• From the company that brought us.... ;)

• edited April 2018

Since superbooth is mostly about hardware....

• edited April 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    A real, as in physical not software, synth....I’m sure I can hear a switch click when the pitch goes up 1 oct

Yeah, I think you might be right. It could be a soft synth being operated by a controller, but that click suggests otherwise.

As you were, everyone.

• Sounds like hardware

• edited April 2018

Duplicate post. Sorry.

• The company that has been bringing great products for over 20 years, they aren't all going to sell in the millions (just most of them), so thanks for helping show some hope for those who think every single swing needs to be a home run, @SpookyZoo Much obliged. Hope you like the new.... oops. 7 days.

• edited April 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    A real, as in physical not software, synth....I’m sure I can hear a switch click when the pitch goes up 1 oct

That could be a controller, though, to be fair. I'm actually not trying to be devil's advocate but I had to point out that possibility.

Oops I was scooped on that. But good on everybody here for some of the best or at least most interesting sleuthing.

• Who knows...
    ...maybe it's something like Syntronik but without using any samples :)

• Please be an iOS groovebox type app. Literally can’t have enough of those

• @Beathoven said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Yeah, I think you might be right. It could be a soft synth being operated by a controller, but that click suggests otherwise.

As you were, everyone.

@ikmultimedia said:

@AndyPlankton said:

That could be a controller, though, to be fair. I'm actually not trying to be devil's advocate but I had to point out that possibility.

Oops I was scooped on that. But good on everybody here for some of the best or at least most interesting sleuthing.

Well...if it is a controller, it must be a new one...not sure I’ve seen switches that click like that on a controller before.
    And if not a controller or full synth....a eurorack OSC module perhaps.

• We need @u0421793 to check out the circuit diagram in the background of that first image

• @Reid : Wow.. nah, it couldn’t be THAT good!!

• @Reid said:
    To me, there is only one product they can be referring to when they call themselves "the leader in analog modeling technology" and that is Modo Bass.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/modobass/

I have no idea what they have in mind, but what do I hope it will be? MODO GUITAR.
    A modeling instrument that includes over a dozen of the most famous electric guitars: a strat, SG, tele, rickenbacker 12-string, etc., etc. You'll be able to set them up with different gauges of strings, pickup types, play styles, whammy bars. It will come with a ton of amps and stompboxes, taken from their various libraries.

If IK pulls it off and it's as good as Modo Bass, it would truly be a paradigm shift-- it could become one of their biggest sellers ever.

Modo Bass doesn't have an acoustic bass. If Modo Guitar had acoustic guitars, it would be even better.
    And there's no reason why it couldn't have an electric sitar, dobro, resonator, even a banjo. Absolutely no reason why they couldn't do that in Modo Guitar. Or introduce it with Modo Guitar Deluxe. :)

It can't be pianos--that's Pianoteq
    Organs and drums- Done a million times
    They've already modeled synths with Syntronik and classic effects machines with T-Racks and Amplitude
    If they model woodwinds and horns--that's been done very well by other companies like SampleModeling for many years.

The only modeled guitar is Variax--and that starts with a real guitar. Nothing like Modo Bass, which is pure software.

There is no reason why Modo Bass or Modo Guitar couldn't be ported to iOS. They both would have a much smaller GB footprint than Syntronik. But they haven't yet ported Modo Bass for whatever reason.

MODO BASS is physical modeling. Analog modeling would be T-RackS and AmpliTube

• @ikmultimedia Dude, you’re killing us with the suspense! :D

• @CracklePot said:
    @ikmultimedia Dude, you’re killing us with the suspense! :D

Augh, I cannot allow myself to be responsible for death by suspense!! I have posted another video clue, if that helps keep you going? :) https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/videos/10160276904365147/

• @ikmultimedia I soooo want someone to release an la2a and 1176 on iOS.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@CracklePot said:
    @ikmultimedia Dude, you’re killing us with the suspense! :D

Augh, I cannot allow myself to be responsible for death by suspense!! I have posted another video clue, if that helps keep you going? :) https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/videos/10160276904365147/

Why are you showing us footage of your latest dentist visit in which you get a root canal.

Come on now. Show us your knobs.

Er...umm...stepping away from the computer.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    We need @u0421793 to check out the circuit diagram in the background of that first image

There’s an operational transconductance amplifier (OTA) used as a current source into the base of a darlington transistor pair, and that piece is step+repeated over and over at different sizes, positions, and even blur settings to simulate depth.