Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

n-Track Studio just released version 9

Happy Monday to all n-Track 8 users... version 9 just popped up, and it’s a free upgrade.
Here is a snap from AppStore, explaining the goodies we get:

Comments

• Great. Re-downloaded for another go :)

• Is it support Files app?

• So i have not tried ntrack, what does this have that cubasis does not ?

• @Hansson said:
    So i have not tried ntrack, what does this have that cubasis does not ?

A subscription pricing option. :lol:

• Tried the free version, i like the groups and sends but it feels a bit clunky

• edited April 2018

@Hansson said:

Big deal here is for people who want a full featured DAW that also has

Link
    and AUv3 hosting
    and a track sharing community

For iPhone

(Currently no contenders for that slot- BM2 has Link but no AUv3, BM3 isn’t universal yet, and AEM for iPhone hasn’t yet appeared and I’m not sure if it’ll have Link anyway)

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Hansson said:

Link
    and AUv3 hosting

For iPhone

(Currently no contenders for that slot- BM2 has Link but no AUv3, BM3 isn’t universal yet, and AEM for iPhone hasn’t yet appeared and I’m not sure if it’ll have Link anyway)

Did not see Link mentioned..

• @RajahP said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Hansson said:

Link
    and AUv3 hosting

For iPhone

Right you are, I guess I imagined it

• tjatja
    edited April 2018

@Littlewoodg said:

@Hansson said:

Link
    and AUv3 hosting

For iPhone

sequencism by Rodrigo Roman
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sequencism/id1240952241?l=en&mt=8

AU and Link!

• @Littlewoodg said:

@RajahP said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Hansson said:

Link
    and AUv3 hosting

For iPhone

Right you are, I guess I imagined it

Oh well, it's a nice DAW, the Step Seq is unique... No Link, sad..

• edited April 2018

@tja said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Hansson said:

Link
    and AUv3 hosting

For iPhone

AU and Link!

Sequencism is way cool but it’s a sequencer not a DAW-

• @Littlewoodg said:

@tja said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Hansson said:

Link
    and AUv3 hosting

For iPhone

AU and Link!

Sequencism is way cool but it’s a sequencer not a DAW-

You refer to missing audio tracks?

I rarely notice that, having few contact with audio, as I mostly dabble around with MIDI and never reached the stage where I would need to mix or master Audio ;)

Also, sequencism has AU MIDI, which is not such common already.

But yes, I still prefer Cubasis and yes, sequencism is not a DAW.

• I downloaded n-Track 9

1) Did n-Track 8 also sport those ugly graphics of instruments?
    Nearly looks like GarageBand...this is a look, I realy hate.

2) It crashes
    Repeatable.

Deleted again

• And another bulldozer review from @tja leaves developers cursing under their breath... :joy: :joy: :joy:

You don’t believe in submitting bug reports do you? Lol

• tjatja
    edited April 2018

@gusgranite said:
    And another bulldozer review from @tja leaves developers cursing under their breath... :joy: :joy: :joy:

I just reported what I saw.

A realy ugly graphic that I cannot remember from version 8 and that reminded me of GarageBand.

And before being able to test anything, it crashed - killing and starting again several times did not help!

That did not wet my appetite, sorry.

For a 32 Euro App, this is abysmal, to be honest.
    If developers don't test on current platforms, they need to deal with such reports as mine.

And I did NOT dash out a 1 star review in the App Store - I will, instead test the next update again.
    And if it still crashes, I think I will not bother again.

You seem to have problems with such straight information, which is a bit strange for me.
    This was not my goal, sorry.
    I am going to think about how I write, the next time - I will try :)

EDIT: I regard myself just as direct and honest, and yes, sometimes a bit too fast :p

• @tja said:

@gusgranite said:
    And another bulldozer review from @tja leaves developers cursing under their breath... :joy: :joy: :joy:

I just reported what I saw.

A realy ugly graphic that I cannot remember from version 8 and that reminded me of GarageBand.

And before being able to test anything, it crashed - killing and starting again several times did not help!

That did not wet my appetite, sorry.

For a 32 Euro App, this is abysmal, to be honest.
    If developers don't test on current platforms, they need to deal with such reports as mine.

And I did NOT dash out a 1 star review in the App Store - I will, instead test the next update again.
    And if it still crashes, I think I will not bother again.

You seem to have problems with such straight information, which is a bit strange for me.
    This was not my goal, sorry.
    I am going to think about how I write, the next time - I will try :)

EDIT: I regard myself just as direct and honest, and yes, sometimes a bit too fast :p

You’re obviously really into the software side as well as the sounds (as am I) so I shouldn’t dig at you. My apologies.

I was thinking about it from the developer’s point of view having poured their blood, sweat and tears into a major update only for the first person to say, “it crashes. Deleted!”

It made me laugh but I should be more respectful.

All the best to you!

• @tja I was a beta tester on this new version along with others, and I did not have any crashes, it was actually quite nimble and smooth on my testing. Please don’t blame n-track for not testing, that is not the case. Their team is pretty fast at responding to crash reports, and can usually fix problems quickly provided they have the specifics.

The big feature on this update (that I can’t find available on Auria or Cubasis) is PITCH CORRECTION for Vocals! It works very well (okay, it’s not Antares or Melodyne) and was smooth enough for real-time correction of my crappy singing.

• edited April 2018

sorry, messed it with another app :blush:

• Crashed after trying to record midi on an AU instrument track after about 2 bars let’s see what response I get from the e-mail I sent them.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    @tja I was a beta tester on this new version along with others, and I did not have any crashes, it was actually quite nimble and smooth on my testing. Please don’t blame n-track for not testing, that is not the case. Their team is pretty fast at responding to crash reports, and can usually fix problems quickly provided they have the specifics.

The big feature on this update (that I can’t find available on Auria or Cubasis) is PITCH CORRECTION for Vocals! It works very well (okay, it’s not Antares or Melodyne) and was smooth enough for real-time correction of my crappy singing.

So I was too fast again, it seems.
    Just my initial impression and I was hurrying to go to bed.
    Sorry.

I will download again in the evening and see if it crashes again.
    As I am not singing (be happy about this :) :D ;) ) this feature is of less interest for me.

• I downloaded again and it crashed with the first au I loaded (Syntronik) tried again and it seems ok.

• This is beautiful... will be GREAT as an Au app

• @RajahP said:
    This is beautiful... will be GREAT as an Au app

My thoughts as well

• Wow! Who would say: it was n-track that finally brought a reasonably decent pitch correction tool to iOS. Thanks for sharing this!

• By the way, the Desktop version has also transient warping. Does the iOS app also have it?

• @theconnactic said:
    By the way, the Desktop version has also transient warping. Does the iOS app also have it?

I think only timestretching in ios

• edited April 2018

Just trying the free version for the past couple hours and there are certainly things to like here...

:heart:
    -the overall layout works for me. I like the tool bar
    - sending audio from Audioshare automaticly puts it on a track. I wish cubasis did this.
    - the five point editing of a clip (overall volume and faders) changes the display of the waveform. I wish cubasis did this.
    - pitch option has ‘speed follows pitch’, meaning non timestretch speed adjustment. This is huge for me. I wish cubasis did this.
    -being able to select a clip and ‘open in’ right from the timeline is a nice idea (but it doesn’t work). I wish cubasis did this (and worked)
    -track minimize and maximise works well. I wish cubasis did this.

Unfortunately there are issues...

:(
    -it does not seem possible to select/edit multiple objects at once. That is a total deal breaker. (Or am I missing something here?)
    -moving the playhead at the top is super frustrating as I end up dragging down the iOS message window almost half the time.
    -moving the playhead does not follow your finger and has a weird nonlinear curve offset, very frustrating
    -waveforms quickly disappear leaving only a big X, project is perma-screwed at this point
    -activating ‘flex time’ automaticly flips your ‘part properties’ back to ‘Lock pitch’
    -undo is buggy. Slicing objects and hitting undo results in deleted objects
    -hitting copy and paste results in an error message that freezes the app requiring a restart
    -doesnt seem to be a way to re-order fx
    -importing audio files from audioshare quickly breaks
    -sound ouput completely vanishes spontaneously

On paper the feature set was a good contender, with the exception of not being able to select/edit multiple objects.

It does give me faith that one day there will be one... ...one day...

• @AudioGus said:
    Just trying the free version for the past couple hours and there are certainly things to like here...

:heart:
    -the overall layout works for me. I like the tool bar
    - sending audio from Audioshare automaticly puts it on a track. I wish cubasis did this.
    - the five point editing of a clip (overall volume and faders) changes the display of the waveform. I wish cubasis did this.
    - pitch option has ‘speed follows pitch’, meaning non timestretch speed adjustment. This is huge for me. I wish cubasis did this.
    -being able to select a clip and ‘open in’ right from the timeline is a nice idea (but it doesn’t work). I wish cubasis did this (and worked)
    -track minimize and maximise works well. I wish cubasis did this.

Just trying to generate interest @LFS
    Those are good ideas :)

• Did someone try the pitch correction?