Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BEHRINGER XENYX Q802 USB MIXER - Tutorial & Set-Up As iPad Audio Interface

Here is a full review, demo and tutorial on the Behringer Xenyx Q802 Mixer and how to use it as an audio interface for the iPad.

Comments

• Thanks Doug, been looking at various mixers for a future home studio. Looks like a nice choice.

• Xenyx q802usb, I have one, don’t use it quite the same way, just iPad or iPhone plus Novation Circuit going into the two line ins.... usb goes to my old iMac (‘99 blueberry!) to record in Audacity.... also have another mixer going into the fx return, which feeds in audio from a set of technics 1210s... though I might try this... thanks for the useful info Doug!
    :smile:

• Wasn’t aware they are class compliant.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Wasn’t aware they are class compliant.

Same USB as the uca202 I believe.

• Mmmm...I never even bothered to test it and only had mine hooked up to my MacBook. It's like an early Christmas!

• I have the Behringer Xenyx X2222USB mixer. Is it possible to connect the mixer direct to an iPad with an USB-Lightning cable, without the Apple adapter? It works fine to connect the mixer to my PC with an USB cable. After all the mixer should be "class complient".

• edited June 2019

@Wire said:
    I have the Behringer Xenyx X2222USB mixer. Is it possible to connect the mixer direct to an iPad with an USB-Lightning cable, without the Apple adapter? It works fine to connect the mixer to my PC with an USB cable. After all the mixer should be "class complient”