Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using a Midi Keyboard in Fugue Machine

Is there a way I can trigger the playheads in Fugue Machine with a midi keyboard? I'm using an Arturia Minilab MK2

Comments

• I believe it only supports transposing with midi in.

• I wish me like this as Midi Hardware...

• @freemobil64 said:
    I wish me like this as Midi Hardware...

Ha. That would be awesome!

@Alexandernaut

• @SpookyZoo said:

@freemobil64 said:

Ha. That would be awesome!

@Alexandernaut

That must be the secret new app he is working on. ;)

• @freemobil64 said:

That would be incredible to have!!

• @freemobil64 great mock up, that would be fun to play on.

Btw does anyone sync fugue machine with auria pro? I coukdnt get it to work as master or slave.

• @1nsomniak said:
    @freemobil64 great mock up, that would be fun to play on.

Btw does anyone sync fugue machine with auria pro? I coukdnt get it to work as master or slave.

Have you tried using Audiobus 3 or AUM to handle sync?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@1nsomniak said:
    @freemobil64 great mock up, that would be fun to play on.

Have you tried using Audiobus 3 or AUM to handle sync?

If Auria has the latest Audiobus update and link in general, hosting Auria in Audiobus should work. Use Audiobus as your master transport.
    I don’t have Auria, so don’t know the details of what it supports currently, but this Audiobus hosting with Link trick works great with many apps already. No need to wait for the app to update to the latest link, just the latest Audiobus.

• @BlueGreenSpiral @CracklePot
    Will AB2 work? I dont have AB3 or AUM

Its weird that I need a third app, the main two seem to have all the midi options necessary to work with each other but they wont start and stop. Ill try my luck with AB2 and see what happens.

• @1nsomniak said:
    @BlueGreenSpiral @CracklePot
    Will AB2 work? I dont have AB3 or AUM

Its weird that I need a third app, the main two seem to have all the midi options necessary to work with each other but they wont start and stop. Ill try my luck with AB2 and see what happens.

I don’t think AB2 will work. I just looked at FM midi in settings, and you may be able to send midi clock messages from Auria to FM. FM says it listens to Start, Stop, and Continue. Also, maybe try hosting FM in Auria to control it directly with IAA sync, if possible.
    Sorry, I can’t test it since I don’t have Auria Pro. But there are 2 things to try if you haven’t already.

• Well I got FM controlling Auria now, kind of backwards but good enough I guess.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Well I got FM controlling Auria now, kind of backwards but good enough I guess.

That’s pretty cool. Cubasis can’t slave to FM, or anything really. FM doesn’t seem to respond to Cubasis clock either. Glad you got it to work with Auria. B)

• Has anyone figured out how to trigger a Fugue Machine playhead with a midi controller?

• You can with steppolyarp but I don't think FM support that.... Yet?

• @1nsomniak said:

If you are using FM with Auria, you can host FM within Auria by loading it as an AU.

• @espiegel123 said:

@1nsomniak said:

If you are using FM with Auria, you can host FM within Auria by loading it as an AU.

Yup, but this thread is a year old before it had AU3.
    I’m using Fugue Machine in AUM now as an AU.

• @1nsomniak said:

@espiegel123 said:

@1nsomniak said:

Yup, but this thread is a year old before it had AU3.
    I’m using Fugue Machine in AUM now as an AU.

I forgot to look at the posting date b4 replying. Oops!