Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.4.1 supplemental update available

LFSLFS
edited April 2018 in General App Discussion

Dear all,

We are very pleased to announce the immediate availability of Cubasis 2.4.1.

What's New in Cubasis 2.4.1
CB-4093 Track freeze and mixdown of resource-intensive AU instruments now works as expected.
CB-4370 (iOS 9.3.5) Drawing MIDI notes or using note repeat no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
CB-4329 It is now possible to record the MIDI output from AU instruments, that support this feature.
CB-4307 AU MIDI plug-ins no longer appear in AU instrument list.
CB-4349 AU instruments no longer appear in AU MIDI plug-in list.
CB-4363 AU MIDI processor plug-ins are now correctly listed as MIDI effects.
CB-4364 Cubasis no longer renders unreliable if a broken AU plug-in is loaded.

Download Cubasis 2.4.1 for the iPad

If you’re satisfied with Cubasis please do us a big favour by rating the app in the App Store!

While it takes only a short moment of your time, it is of very great help for us!

Thanks,
Lars

Comments

• I am giving you 5 stars now and then 5 stars as soon as the update is there.

Cubasis and Steinberg are great.

Do you know, that Cubasis is just missing graphical Mixing / Mastering tools?

However good your plugins are, people want graphic versions!
    Live view.
    Like with Fabfilter in Auria Pro.

No way?

• @tja said:
    I am giving you 5 stars now and then 5 stars as soon as the update is there.

Live view.

No way?

You are the most demanding person I have ever encountered! Are you a waiter in real life? Or a butler? ;)

(Not that I disagree with your requests.....)

• Anyone had any issues with dubstation 2 only working sometimes, ex running a 1bar loop, dubstation only works every other pass

• Many thanks to all for the prompt update! :-)

• edited April 2018

I'll check update as soon as the Appstore decides to bring be the correct update.
    It's currently pushing out 2.4 as the 'update', guess it takes some time for the Apple servers to get in sync or something?!

Got the update now, Freeze works perfectly, super thanks for the update, 5-stars for sure to keep the average up...

As mentioned it other posts. It's time to get more graphical feedback in the plug-ins.
    A spectrum analyser for EQ's for starters would be nice.

I'm guessing the long awaited grid-line options (triplets etc) will make it to 2.5 or something.

And I hope the Mini-Sampler gets some love too.(Maybe even a companion inspired by Cubase sampler-track?).
    It's unable to play/loop very short samples like the single cycle waves found at adventurekid.se

• Just left my Five Star review! :) <3 <3 <3

Thanks for the awesome update!

@LFS said:
    Dear all,

We are very pleased to announce the availability of Cubasis 2.4.1

What's New in Cubasis 2.4.1
    CB-4093 Track freeze and mixdown of resource-intensive AU instruments now works as expected.
    CB-4370 (iOS 9.3.5) Drawing MIDI notes or using note repeat no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
    CB-4329 It is now possible to record the MIDI output from AU instruments, that support this feature.
    CB-4307 AU MIDI plug-ins no longer appear in AU instrument list.
    CB-4349 AU instruments no longer appear in AU MIDI plug-in list.
    CB-4363 AU MIDI processor plug-ins are now correctly listed as MIDI effects.
    CB-4364 Cubasis no longer renders unreliable if a broken AU plug-in is loaded.

Download Cubasis 2.4.1 for the iPad

If you’re satisfied with Cubasis please do us a big favour by rating the app in the App Store!

While it takes only a short moment of your time, it is of very great help for us!

Thanks,
    Lars

• What’s involved in making Cubasis work on the iPhone 8 Plus?
    (Never mind the other iPhones, I don’t own those, so …).

• Will it ever be possible to have tempo and time signature changes?

• Agree with all above (5 stars included) but please...., where are the subfolders? :|

• wimwim
    edited April 2018

Yay! Freeze and mixdown issues totally fixed. Great job! Can't wait to get back into Cubasis for my next project. :smile:

• @Ivan_Dj can’t you create subfolders in the files app that cubasis is integrated with?

• @fattigman said:
    @Ivan_Dj can’t you create subfolders in the files app that cubasis is integrated with?

You can. But viewing from Cubasis ignores the folder structure and gives one list with everything showing.

• edited April 2018

@CracklePot ok thanks. I can understand why they chose not to visualize subfolders. It (the current gui) would quickly become messy if users were aloud to create unlimited subfolders.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@tja said:
    I am giving you 5 stars now and then 5 stars as soon as the update is there.

Live view.

No way?

You are the most demanding person I have ever encountered! Are you a waiter in real life? Or a butler? ;)

(Not that I disagree with your requests.....)

You complain about me, despite the fact that you agree what what I request?
    So, you are disturbed by the fact that someone actually wrote what he thinks?

That's... interesting ;)
    Maybe you should think about this.

I just try to communicate my thoughts and wishes, as much as my energy allows.
    Not the worst thing in a world where many tend to accept whatever happens and will be done to them.

Best wishes :)

• @CracklePot said:

@fattigman said:
    @Ivan_Dj can’t you create subfolders in the files app that cubasis is integrated with?

You can. But viewing from Cubasis ignores the folder structure and gives one list with everything showing.

Yes, sad thing.
    Hoping for the next update :)

• @fattigman said:
    @CracklePot ok thanks. I can understand why ghey chose not to visualize subfolders. It would quickly become messy if users were aloud to create unlimited subfolders.

If it a total bummer for your workflow, the Files app makes it super easy to quickly move just the project you are working on into the Cubasis file area to only see that project’s files. You can keep your overall project stash separate from the Cubasis file area to keep the Cubasis viewer somewhat clean.

• I don’t get it, so when you create a new project how do you save it?

@CracklePot said:

@fattigman said:
    @CracklePot ok thanks. I can understand why ghey chose not to visualize subfolders. It would quickly become messy if users were aloud to create unlimited subfolders.

If it a total bummer for your workflow, the Files app makes it super easy to quickly move just the project you are working on into the Cubasis file area to only see that project’s files. You can keep your overall project stash separate from the Cubasis file area to keep the Cubasis viewer somewhat clean.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I don’t get it, so when you create a new project how do you save it?

@CracklePot said:

@fattigman said:

The same way you normally do. It is just to keep all irrelevant files hidden away, but organized in a different parent folder in Files. You would only have the current project and its files in the Cubasis file area while working on it, so saves and everything would work as normal.
    When you want to switch projects, you can remove the existing project folders and move the new one into Cubasis file area.

• edited April 2018

@Samu said:
    A spectrum analyser for EQ's for starters would be nice.
    And I hope the Mini-Sampler gets some love too.(Maybe even a companion inspired by Cubase sampler-track?).

+1

I think that optimizing cpu loads and going bare bones in internal features would be one way to go. I suspect that there will be a lot of AUv3's in the near future and having a host that can stack these without getting glitchy is a key target market. I would like to avoid having to bounce things to audio so that I can do a lot of parameter drifts when my track is done. I love the fact that I can freeze tracks and then unfreeze them. It is hard to know what DAWs are good at what until you start using them. I like to have synth drums rather than samples, so Cubasis' freezing is awesome for doing this. BM3 -- bit of a pain keeping the CPU in check.

I have always liked buying all the little tricked out parts for things so that I have a unique setup, rather than buying a package. I didn't bother with any IAP's in Cubasis because I have my own synths, drums, effects, etc. But I would like to see onboard spectrum analysis.

It would also be nice to have a clip interface for people who like the workflow of building up a bunch of loops and then laying them out horizontally. When I want to do something complex, I naturally turn to Cubasis because I find the routing much more intuitive to work with than BM3. But BM3's side chain compression is really nice -- not so much for a pumping effect, but just to have the kick sit right with the bass.

Also need to keep improving file management. There are a lot of sample monkeys around here and they would go bananas for an ever improving file system.

I find the DAW graphics very nice but I feel like the effects should get a minimal lift. Reaktor Blocks is a good example of how to present graphics that are a middle ground between retro plugins and Audio Damage/Bram Bos effect graphics. That being said, the simplicity of BM3's Ableton like minimal layout is refreshing.

Big thanks to Steinberg and Lars -- we need a few good DAWs for some healthy competition. Awesome tech support over there. Congratulations on the new update, probably a lot of work! B)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cubasis keeps improving bit by bit. It's already lived up to what I bought it for, and I still consider it a great bargain. I could list some things I'd like to see added, but I'm sure they've been requested many times before. Thanks for the work you do.

• A built in midi matrix sort of like AUM would really rock!

Also please more insert effect slots, I can live with out the sub routing at least if we had more insert effect slots like AUM.

• @CracklePot said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    I don’t get it, so when you create a new project how do you save it?

@CracklePot said:

@fattigman said:

The same way you normally do. It is just to keep all irrelevant files hidden away, but organized in a different parent folder in Files. You would only have the current project and its files in the Cubasis file area while working on it, so saves and everything would work as normal.
    When you want to switch projects, you can remove the existing project folders and move the new one into Cubasis file area.

Thank you for this. Sounds very good.

• nice update! Since we are in ‘gimme’ mode...

-More FX slots w / order changing.

-Linear interpolation option for time stretching (‘tape style’ that just changes playback speed without smoothing or maintaining pitch)

-time stretching of midi objects (the button is right there, taunting me!)

• @AudioGus said:
    nice update! Since we are in ‘gimme’ mode...

-Linear interpolation option for time stretching (‘tape style’ that just changes playback speed without smoothing or maintaining pitch)

-time stretching of midi objects (the button is right there, taunting me!)

It may seem small - but a scale constrained keyboard would be so great too. (Oh And option to only show notes in a selected key in piano roll)

• @AudioGus said:

Order changing would be good. More slots would be good too.

• edited April 2018

Dear @LFS and crew, first let me state that after years of various DAW experiments, I had settled on Auria pro, with all it’s wonderful plugins and effects. But honestly after reconsidering and messing around a little bit with Cubasis with all of its great features and newish Waves Plugins and your super fantastic Presets, I now have decided that for me to get as much great sounding music made as possible, your mighty Cubasis 2.41 is #1 because of the combination of ease of use, wonderful interface, and stupendous sounds from MiniLog, the samples and loops, and the absolutely wonderful Microloge Synth!
    I’m going to put Auria to bed and go with Cubasis, it really sounds great.

Your DAW really can’t be beaten, it is the Cadillac on iOS because it is so smooth! Thanks.

• The Cubasis freeze feature is back, yea! It really is so cool to be able to do this especially with all these high powered synths. I love all iOS DAWs but Cubasis is for me the most stable.

• Oh my this App just gets better and Mo better. Thanks for the update.