Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jams with Ampify Groovebox and Novation Launchkey

edited April 2018 in Creations

I picked up a Launchkey 25 this weekend, had some fun using it with Groovebox.......zero setup...just plug in and go... awesome !

I need to practice the timing on scene switching though..

Comments

• So you got your money's worth for the Launchkey!

Have you tried the launch key with the launch key app for shits and gigs?

Do it.

You can flip between the Launchkey App and Launchpad App by pressing the arrow or mode button on the keyboards.

It was the first IAA approach I saw like that/

Cool stuff Andy!

Good buy it is obviously working for you awesome in your creativity

• @RUST( i )K said:
    So you got your money's worth for the Launchkey!

Have you tried the launch key with the launch key app for shits and gigs?

Do it.

You can flip between the Launchkey App and Launchpad App by pressing the arrow or mode button on the keyboards.

It was the first IAA approach I saw like that/

Cool stuff Andy!

Good buy it is obviously working for you awesome in your creativity

Still one of my favorite things to do on iOS, too bad the LaunchKey app is basically being replaced...

Cool sounds Andy, fun tracks.

• @RUST( i )K @TozBourne Cheers peeps...I really like the integration with Groovebox, it has opened up the app and synths so much for me, I’m no longer being lazy and relying on the inbuilt patterns and presets..
    being able to just play along live and then just start recording without interruption is super useful. Makes the app much more like a live looper for synths and drums, I’m concentrating on the keys and pads rather than the app.
    Having a positive feel to the pads for muting multiple parts at the same time is really useful too.

These were done with no preparation, just loaded the app, started a project...recorded a few patterns and then went for a performance.
    I’m looking forwards to spending more time with this and it becoming more like second nature...I already feel like I am just making stuff and not thinking about how I am going to do it....a first for me on iOS....in fact..I never felt like this with any software either app or desktop before.

• edited April 2018

Nice jams!!! Well done. Is it possible to map anything on Korg Nanokey studio? It has an editor, any groovebox reference sheet?

• Looks like a really fun combo, now you have me thinking after hearing those.... Hmm...

• @Janosax said:
    Nice jams!!! Well done. Is it possible to map anything on Korg Nanokey studio? It has an editor, any groovebox reference sheet?

I don’t think so...Groovebox is midi note only for non launchkey controllers so you wouldn’t be able to use mutes or pattern section switching.

• @Tarekith said:
    Looks like a really fun combo, now you have me thinking after hearing those.... Hmm...

It is really immediate as can hear from these.....

It is not yet perfect and there are some niggles but I’m sure it will mature nicely.
    To get control of the mixer you need launchkey 49 or 61 key version with the faders....
    Synth controls are limited to the ‘regular’ controls that you get with the free locked versions of the synths....so you still need to use the screen for stuff....there is no pitch bend or mod wheel useage....
    You only have control of the app if it is in the foreground....

BUT the controls you do have are very well chosen for most use cases and like I mentioned before I am not thinking about how to do things.....they are just happening.

If you like circuit, then you will like this too :)