Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live recording of original song "I am gonna wait" with Ruismaker and Model D (and guitar and vocals)

edited April 2018 in Creations

I've been slowly working on a new solo music repertoire and figuring out how to play it live with a minimum of gear.

This video is a new song, called "I am gonna wait", performed and recorded live in one take as if I would be on stage.

Drums by Bram Bos' Ruismaker, running in the background and bass by the Minimoog Model D app being triggered by LinnStrument's step sequencer, whose patterns I schedule in real time through foot switches.

Please let me know what you think!

Comments

• Sounds nice :) Great singing and playing....and a very reserved Model D

I didn't realise Linnstrument had a step sequencer mode too.....how many channels can it sequence ? That looks like a very useful setup for guitar players...or actually anyone who needs their hands free for an instrument.

• edited April 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    Sounds nice :) Great singing and playing....and a very reserved Model D

I didn't realise Linnstrument had a step sequencer mode too.....how many channels can it sequence ? That looks like a very useful setup for guitar players...or actually anyone who needs their hands free for an instrument.

Thanks! :smile:

LinnStrument has got 2 independent step sequencers, each with 4 patterns, each pattern up to 32 steps and up to 4 events per step (including note, velocity, timbre, duration and pitch offset). You could see those events as channels, or as polyphonic steps. All this can be saved in a project and LinnStrument internally saves up to 16 projects (you can export/import to computer if you want).

The guitar player use case is exactly why I wanted to add the step sequencer to LinnStrument (ie. I needed one and didn't want to add another piece of gear while hardware-wise LinnStrument already did everything necessary).

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/ls-sequencer.html

• Subtle and full of soul!
    Thanks for sharing!

• Great job man ... Hmmm, gonna have to start saving now :)

• @flo26 said:
    Subtle and full of soul!
    Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! :smiley:

• edited April 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    Great job man ... Hmmm, gonna have to start saving now :)

The LinnStrument 128 is a really great deal IMHO, with everything that it offers and terms of expressive playing and sequencing.

• Love the vibe of your song here. It calls to mind the mysterious Nick Drake a bit for me. B)
    That Linnstrument still looks like it came from the future.

• Very good song, and good performance. Great vocal. Nice.

• @CracklePot said:
    Love the vibe of your song here. It calls to mind the mysterious Nick Drake a bit for me. B)
    That Linnstrument still looks like it came from the future.

Wow, thank you for that. I'm a long time big fan of Nick Drake! :smile: :smile: :smile:

• @richardyot said:
    Very good song, and good performance. Great vocal. Nice.

Thanks so much for listening! :smile:

• Nice sounds.

• Darn fine song! I really like the equipment and the software setup.

• Nice song. Would be better with just voice and guitar IMO.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Nice sounds.

@TozBourne said:
    Darn fine song! I really like the equipment and the software setup.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Nice song. Would be better with just voice and guitar IMO.

Thanks so much everyone! :smile: :smile: :smile:

• Damn good tune, great lyrics, I personally wanted to hear a passionate solo breaking through what felt like a box.

How are you capturing vocal and guitar sound Geert?

• @Xsyst said:
    Damn good tune, great lyrics, I personally wanted to hear a passionate solo breaking through what felt like a box.

How are you capturing vocal and guitar sound Geert?

Thank you!

For vocals I'm using a Neumann KMS 105 in this video and for the guitar a single CharterOak M900T, both going into a Metric Halo ULN-8 audio interface.