Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SwarPlug all instruments bundle was 60% off on SALE

2»

Comments

• edited February 2018

I've emailed some bugs in SwarPlug - please forward these to your IT team:

1. Cart -It doesn't show my sounds under Purchases tab until I tap Restore. This tab should always show the purchases once purchased/restored like any other app.
    2. Cart - When I go to Products tab and return to Purchases, it is empty again!
    3. Cart - If I tap Restore again, it keeps scrolling the list with a blank screen on the top in the Cart popup as it downloads the purchases again and keeps adding up the sounds to the previous list (duplicate, triplicate, etc) - for as many times as I tap the Restore button.
    4. Cart - It is downloading hundreds of MB of sounds every time (chewing up my data plan) instead of storing the downloaded sounds on the device.
    5. Some sounds are clipping in volume. Can the Gain and other knobs be configured for each sound?
    6. Tapping on Instruments dropdown is sometimes collapsing without keeping the dropdown expanded
    7. The MIDI notes in the arranger animate as the loop is playing but the Keyboard does not animate! It would be very helpful to show the keys as depressed as it plays each note to indicate which keys were used to generate each note.
    8. Switching Folder while playing loops/items - this doesn't work sometimes while playing loops. Currently, the playback of loops continues even after switching to another Folder (it plays the new loop so we don't have to tap the Play button again) which is nice. However, when the currently played loop/item is greater than 1 (say item # 4) and the newly switched Folder doesn't have as many items, the continuous playback stops because the new folder has only 2 loops. In this case, it should default to playing the first item.
    9. I have a project with 7 instances/tracks of SwarPlug inside Cubasis but now the project does not open completely (after opening the project, the sounds do not play). This was working fine when I created it 2 years ago. I see the tracks now with recorded MIDI notes and none of the tracks are muted, no other apps are open, I tried duplicating the project, restarting the iPad, etc - those tracks just don't play any sound. Also, tapping on the SwarPlug icon on the track opens the AU panel but it is blank. However, creating a new project with a SwarPlug AU track works fine. Using iPad Air 2 on iOS 11.3.
    10. Please offer a Favorites bank for Instruments and Loops to add and remove favorites for quick access.
  • edited February 2018

ISSUE # 9: I have to correct that - even new projects with SwarPlug AU tracks are not sounding (even though the app shows in the AU panel) when played with the keyboard in the host app such as Cubasis. Also, the loops/items are not playing in the host app until we tap the keyboard in the host app.

Please have these issues resolved.

• @powerobject said:

1. Cart -It doesn't show my sounds under Purchases tab until I tap Restore. This tab should always show the purchases once purchased/restored like any other app.
    3. Cart - If I tap Restore again, it keeps scrolling the list with a blank screen on the top in the Cart popup as it downloads the purchases again and keeps adding up the sounds to the previous list (duplicate, triplicate, etc) - for as many times as I tap the Restore button.
    4. Cart - It is downloading hundreds of MB of sounds every time (chewing up my data plan) instead of storing the downloaded sounds on the device.

I also have the same issues as #1 - 4 above!.

• @J_B1GS said:

1. Cart - It is downloading hundreds of MB of sounds every time (chewing up my data plan) instead of storing the downloaded sounds on the device.

What?

• @kobamoto said:

@J_B1GS said:

1. Cart - It is downloading hundreds of MB of sounds every time (chewing up my data plan) instead of storing the downloaded sounds on the device.

What?

@J_B1GS said:

@powerobject said:

for me, the purchase tab is empty as well, but that is not really an issue because all the instruments are there. Are you saying your purchase tab is empty AND the instruments are not available from the instruments dropdown? That would be a huge issue obviously.
    In my case, they‘re all there, so if they show in the purchased tab is not really relevant.

• @J_B1GS said:

@powerobject said:

Mine does the same, but my sounds are there. Are you able to load the sounds from the pulldown menu next to the cart button?

• All the sounds are there for use. However, the Purchases tab should show all the purchases (this is a bug) like any other app instead of downloading them each time and aggregating into the list as duplicate, triplicate, etc. - for as many times we tap the Restore button. If you keep tapping the Restore button, it the list will multiply with duplicates each time (another bug).

• @powerobject said:
    All the sounds are there for use. However, the Purchases tab should show all the purchases (this is a bug) like any other app instead of downloading them each time and aggregating into the list as duplicate, triplicate, etc. - for as many times we tap the Restore button. If you keep tapping the Restore button, it the list will multiply with duplicates each time (another bug).

I can tell you’re really into bugs, but I guess I’m saying... stop hitting restore? Especially if it’s killing your data?

• edited February 2018

@DCJ said:

@powerobject said:
    All the sounds are there for use. However, the Purchases tab should show all the purchases (this is a bug) like any other app instead of downloading them each time and aggregating into the list as duplicate, triplicate, etc. - for as many times we tap the Restore button. If you keep tapping the Restore button, it the list will multiply with duplicates each time (another bug).

I can tell you’re really into bugs, but I guess I’m saying... stop hitting restore? Especially if it’s killing your data?

LOL, I know that (I'm a coder). I reported about 10 bugs and this is one of them. For those who bought all the sounds, they never have to go to the Purchases tab. For those who got only a few sounds, they may want to see what they bought. Or maybe this Purchases tab is not even necessary. They should either fix the bug or remove the Purchases tab.

• I know the dev said it’s a pain to discount the individual voices, but I’d buy a few if they ever decide to be bothered with the hassle ;) I don’t really need or want ALL of the voices, but I’d buy a few of the individual ones to support the dev. I love the app and use it regularly. Would be happy to support their efforts with a few purchases at some point.

• I wish you could organize the instruments how you want and quickly swipe through them by swiping the icon. I also wish the octaves that produce sound for an instrument were lightly highlighted.

• The problem with this is that each instrument position is referenced as a program index in the plugin, and if you change the order, your older tracks may not work with the same instrument anymore.

Regarding your other query, we are working on a major SwarPlug update (first for desktop, but will then quickly come for iOS too), where you will see the key range in the plugin and you can also move it as per your convenience across your keyboard.

Best wishes,

Mariano

• @swarsys said:
    The problem with this is that each instrument position is referenced as a program index in the plugin, and if you change the order, your older tracks may not work with the same instrument anymore.

Regarding your other query, we are working on a major SwarPlug update (first for desktop, but will then quickly come for iOS too), where you will see the key range in the plugin and you can also move it as per your convenience across your keyboard.

Best wishes,

Mariano

Hey Mariano, nice to hear an update is coming to swarplug!
    I noticed a few things with the current version that I hope could be fixed rather sooner than later. The instrument selection has a bit of a problem — often it takes a few tries to actually select an instrument from the list, which is rather annoying. Can you have a look at this?

• Sure. This is an iOS version thing, right?

I'll take note of what was discussed in this thread before bundling the update.

Cheers!

Mariano

• @swarsys said:
    Sure. This is an iOS version thing, right?

I'll take note of what was discussed in this thread before bundling the update.

Cheers!

Mariano

By the way, I tried to buy a couple voices about a week ago. The sale would not go through. Said the appstore was unable to complete the purchase. I have credit and have since purchased another app, so the problem is not my account.

No problem for me. I was only trying to support you. But thought I'd let you know there may be some issue with your developer account.

• @swarsys said:
    The problem with this is that each instrument position is referenced as a program index in the plugin, and if you change the order, your older tracks may not work with the same instrument anymore.

Best wishes,

Mariano

Thank you Mariano

• Hi Mariano, please check your pms