Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 Host That Supports Program Change?

Hi all,
I've heard this asked in various threads, but don't think I've seen any satisfactory answers: Is there an AUv3 host that supports Program Change messages for calling up songs/presets/sessions? I simply want a way to call up multiple AUv3's from a Master Keyboard for live performances without manually opening apps, since I've got too many. One song may utilize 1-2 apps/AUv3s, but then the next song may use 1-2 different ones, etc. so I don't want to have 5-6 synth apps open at the same time on my capable, but aging, iPad Air 1.

I own iMIDIpatchbay, MIDIflow, BeatMaker3, Gadget, Audiobus2, StudioMux, and have considered AUM (but it doesn't seem to have this feature). While BM3 seems closest, it doesn't accept PC messages from a MIDI controller for changing presets/sessions. :(

Yes, I'm basically looking for MainStage for the iPad... sigh

Looking for any glimmers of hope! :)

Comments

• I believe that @j_liljedahl has considered a feature like this for AUM in the future.

I currently use AUM for my live performances. In the last year, I've started using only AUv3s in my setup, and it's been great! I do have to carefully manage which apps (and how many of them) I use so I don't max out the CPU, but I use a Blueboard and the sliders/knobs on my Launchkey midi controller to bring various sounds in and out. AUM makes setting this up really easy.

• I know this might not be useful to you as you’re asking about AUs but several IAA apps do respond to PC messages irrespectively of what host they are in. There is a list thread somewhere on this forum. Sunrizer, Magellan, Nlog and ToneStack are those I can think of from the top of my head.

• @theartwebreathe said:
    I believe that @j_liljedahl has considered a feature like this for AUM in the future.

I currently use AUM for my live performances. In the last year, I've started using only AUv3s in my setup, and it's been great! I do have to carefully manage which apps (and how many of them) I use so I don't max out the CPU, but I use a Blueboard and the sliders/knobs on my Launchkey midi controller to bring various sounds in and out. AUM makes setting this up really easy.

Thanks @theartwebreathe. That sounds like a cool rig! I attempted doing something similar with Korg Gadget (keeping all sounds active and using the faders on my controller to select which ones) but now I'm more excited about AUv3s, which seem to be more demanding on CPU and RAM). Re: AUM, I've seen this feature discussed with the developer since 2016. I'm guessing it's not as easy to implement as one would hope.

@supadom said:
    I know this might not be useful to you as you’re asking about AUs but several IAA apps do respond to PC messages irrespectively of what host they are in. There is a list thread somewhere on this forum. Sunrizer, Magellan, Nlog and ToneStack are those I can think of from the top of my head.

Thanks @supadom. That is definitely a key feature to check off the list when considering a new synth app! I can also confirm that Zeeon, Model 15, Syntronik, and Synthmaster Player allow remote program changes.

• Thank you for this, @Tom Synth Anatomy! "Mainstage for iOS" is [finally] coming soon...

• That looks quite promising!

• Promising indeed. Another video from sonic state.

This along with their new MixFace controller sounds like it's going to be quite a combo for live keyboard players. Host port, bluetooth, ability to make any keyboard split up into multiple zones...

• Anyone who is interested can sign up for the Camelot beta here: http://www.camelotpro.com/