Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fingerbeat goes free

Comments

• It is fun!

Just start with "classic 808" and use the random function for the sounds...

• Really cool app

• edited April 2018

This one is cool indeed. Had I known about it, I wouldn’t have had any misgivings with paying its normal $5 price tag. Seems to be a great bargain at normal price considering the amount of functionality designed into this.

• edited April 2018

Sweet! Works perfectly with IOS files app to load samples from AudioShare!

Exports audio also to Audioshare via iCloud Drive!

• Wow, you all are right. This thing is pretty awesome. Just had a fun session using it in Audiobus and sending it to Loopy. Worked great, but without Link you you have to rely on your own skills. Thank you for spotlighting this one. B)

• Also when exporting you can go to settings and select Perfect Loop option!

• Looks cool, but do I need app like this? I have Samplebot, Loopy, Werkbench, Samplr, Samplist, oh, man — just looking at my screen, and the stuff that does what this does....

• It’s free or better offer :D <3 o:)

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Looks cool, but do I need app like this? I have Samplebot, Loopy, Werkbench, Samplr, Samplist, oh, man — just looking at my screen, and the stuff that does what this does....

• edited April 2018

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    It’s free or better offer :D <3 o:)

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Looks cool, but do I need app like this? I have Samplebot, Loopy, Werkbench, Samplr, Samplist, oh, man — just looking at my screen, and the stuff that does what this does....

Hahah.
    But I already have so many apps to learn already! I'm drawing the line with Fingerbeat. Sorry. No more room. [Enters fugue state, tapps ap store, enters password, Fingerbeat icon appears....]

• Doug did a kick butt review of that it has a cool tape recorder part too

• Jeez, this thing does A LOT! Looks so simple when you first open it too. Quite astounded that this was free, and previously unknown to me. Was anybody secretly using this for a while? I can’t recall it coming up in any discussions since I climbed aboard the bus.
    Glad to know of it now, anyway. :)

• edited April 2018

Free is amazing for this one, it’s very clever, accessible and feature rich. I’ve spent many happy hours with it, making loops for export.

Also universal (started as an iPhone app way back when)

This video is pre the massive 2.0 update

• What’s cool are all the free samples you get too! Recordings and all!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    What’s cool are all the free samples you get too! Recordings and all!

It really is a big library of stuff.

This is a crazy good deal in many many ways.

• And slice to pads! Wow.

• edited April 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    And slice to pads! Wow.

With resampling too. Formidable combination. And panning (I thought of you @kobamato)

• @Littlewoodg said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    And slice to pads! Wow.

With resampling too. Formidable combination. And panning (I thought of you @kobamato)

How did I miss this? Does it have automation, too?

• It’s a baby BM3! :)

• Getting bad quality recording in from Audiobus. Tried different buffers, launch from within or outside Audiobus, hunted down any FX that might be getting applied to thinput of Fingerbeat. No luck. Anybody have good results recording into Fingerbeat using Audiobus?

• edited April 2018

@CracklePot said:
    Getting bad quality recording in from Audiobus. Tried different buffers, launch from within or outside Audiobus, hunted down any FX that might be getting applied to thinput of Fingerbeat. No luck. Anybody have good results recording into Fingerbeat using Audiobus?

Yep used Animoog in, the slight wrinkle was I used AB2. (FingerBeat wouldn’t wake up in my AB3)

@CracklePot said:
    It’s a baby BM3! :)

Yep - I was thinking baby Beathawk but same idea (has a few things neither has - fx chaos/gyro pads, with 5 user settable presets etc)

• @Littlewoodg said:

@CracklePot said:
    Getting bad quality recording in from Audiobus. Tried different buffers, launch from within or outside Audiobus, hunted down any FX that might be getting applied to thinput of Fingerbeat. No luck. Anybody have good results recording into Fingerbeat using Audiobus?

Yep used Animoog in, the slight wrinkle was I used AB2. (FingerBeat wouldn’t make up in my AB3)

@CracklePot said:

Yep - I was thinking baby Beathawk but same idea (has a few things neither has - fx chaos/gyro pads, with 5 user settable presets etc)

The noisy recording sounds like the level is too high and clipping the input signal. I tried setting the input volume low to about 10-15% and it helped, but as the synth volume rose to full volume (using bebot y axis) the clipping was still there.

I am going to try and contact the dev. We should all leave good ratings and reviews (if you are in fact enjoying it) and see if we can get some momentum going for this hidden gem.

• edited April 2018

@CracklePot said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@CracklePot said:

Yep used Animoog in, the slight wrinkle was I used AB2. (FingerBeat wouldn’t make up in my AB3)

@CracklePot said:

The noisy recording sounds like the level is too high and clipping the input signal. I tried setting the input volume low to about 10-15% and it helped, but as the synth volume rose to full volume (using bebot y axis) the clipping was still there.

I am going to try and contact the dev. We should all leave good ratings and reviews (if you are in fact enjoying it) and see if we can get some momentum going for this hidden gem.

I did notice when resampling within the app the samples came in hot. Not a deal breaker...

I’m going to update my review, that’s a good plan. I hope that the app going free doesn’t mean the developer is walking away from IOS

• ありがとう arrigato
    THANKS

• It will most likely go subscription or optional one time payment once the next update (2.2.2) drops...
    (The latest beta just dropped but I decided to drop out of the beta-program and focus more on what I already have).

• @Samu said:
    It will most likely go subscription or optional one time payment once the next update (2.2.2) drops...
    (The latest beta just dropped but I decided to drop out of the beta-program and focus more on what I already have).

I hope that doesn't affect to previous customers.

• @fjcblanco said:

@Samu said:
    It will most likely go subscription or optional one time payment once the next update (2.2.2) drops...

I hope so too, I deleted the beta and re-installed the app-store version, let's see what happens when it finally drops.

• @fjcblanco said:

@Samu said:

Could you reinstall the beta version and see how the subscription is implemented? I am curious about details. As someone who got it free, I guess I will only have disadvantages. :/

• Sorry, but I'm not beta tester.