Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta XY/LFO and Moog in AUM - How do you make them play nice?

Dear all,

I have recently been on an app splurge and am having great fun with AUM and Moog Model 15 / Model D, powering both with Rozeta. However, I cannot for the life of me get the midi setup to control Moog parameters using the XY and LFO rozeta modules.

I watched the soundtestroom guide to XY and Kauldron which looked fab - simply needed midi learn in the Kauldron. I cannot see such a feature in my synths (other one is ISEM and have the same problem). I tried just going through every single midi channel in XY in the hope that it would start controlling something in the synths but no luck - only the pitch bend and modulation wheels work (proof that they are connected at least).

I want to control simple parameters such as cutoff and resonance using the XY or to adjust using LFO to create more variation in my patterns.

In need of technical assistance!

Many thanks!

Comments

• Here I have Rozeta XY on Track 1 and an AU Model D instance on Track 2 in AUM.

In AUM settings, we are interested in Midi routing and Midi control. In the midi routing matrix, connect Rozeta XY to Midi control.

Next, in the Midi control section, open the parameters for Track 2 to reveal a long list of automatablevAU parameters.

Find the parameter you want to control. I am going to control Filter cutoff with the X axis of XY pad 1. To do that, set the correct channel and CC number.

In Rozeta XY, we can see the channel and CC number are correct. If I open both interfaces, I can watch the Filter Cutoff knob turn in Model D as I slide the widget along the X axis in Rozeta XY.

• This is amazing @CracklePot . I will try this out when I get home. Such a powerful piece of kit is Rozeta!

• is there a midi learn function in model D?

• @eross said:
    is there a midi learn function in model D?

As far as I can see only in the IAA;

Press the Cog icon top right
    Select the midi tab
    Select Map CC - right-Hans panel

You can then click on a Control and send the app a CC and it will register it
    Alternatively you can set manually.

These should be remembered in the AU3 version

• @ageezz said:

@eross said:
    is there a midi learn function in model D?

As far as I can see only in the IAA;

Press the Cog icon top right
    Select the midi tab
    Select Map CC - right-Hans panel

You can then click on a Control and send the app a CC and it will register it
    Alternatively you can set manually.

These should be remembered in the AU3 version

thanks