Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cannabis: Help or hindrance?

Comments

• edited February 2018

@Themistokles said:
    Did you guys ever tried using medicinal marijuana for severe headache or migraine? Im really curious about this matter and wanted to ask if you guys have any experience using cannabis. I came across some article that says medicinal marijuana can help you cope with this types of problem and some other health issues. I have 0% experience using cannabis so im hoping some of you guys can enlighten me and give me more information about this. Thanks!

My friend has awful migraines(like need to go to hospital for shots awful sometimes) says that if he smokes just at the right time of when he feels it coming, it usually smoothens it more or less and it might go away completely before the attack starts, but not always. Its next to impossible to get a prescription for cannabis where i live and definitely no one will get it for migraine, so he doesent smoke "medical cannabis", just what ever happens to be at the time. Maybe with the right strain it would help him each time, dunno. I have heard many other people saying that it helps, but also many who say that it doesent help at all. For most it seems that a very small dose that doesent even really get you high is enough, but more doesent do any harm either.

• @Themistokles said:
    Did you guys ever tried using medicinal marijuana for severe headache or migraine? Im really curious about this matter and wanted to ask if you guys have any experience using cannabis. I came across some article that says medicinal marijuana can help you cope with this types of problem and some other health issues. I have 0% experience using cannabis so im hoping some of you guys can enlighten me and give me more information about this. Thanks!

if you want to help migraines - weed can help for some - but apparently magic mushrooms can do wonders for migraines and cluster headaches. There's been much proven research into this over the past 10 years or so..

• Took a low dose over on Sunday in the form of a mint given to me by a friend - tasted ok. Went grocery shopping (walked) - unpleasantly fumbled with plastic bags. Felt a bit agitated - time felt discontinuous. Came home, painted a bit. Was productive, if incrementally so. Tired.

• edited February 2018

@Halftone said:

@Themistokles said:

if you want to help migraines - weed can help for some - but apparently magic mushrooms can do wonders for migraines and cluster headaches. There's been much proven research into this over the past 10 years or so..

LSA in very small doses, extracted from Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds are known to aid migraines and cluster headaches as well. Clean extract is best as opposed to gulping whole seeds.

• I had some issues with terrible headaches too. Then I've heard about medical marijuana and that some strains can help with migraines. So I picked Blue Dream by recommendations and it worked for me just fine.

• edited February 2018

In my teens and twenties I’d enjoy a puff of dope with my mates, but mushrooms was my thing. I did thousands of trips - two or three times a week for at least ten years. Loved it, and it helped blot out the horror of the shitty places I lived in. Kick started a lot of creativity too.

Haven’t done any of that for 20 years, and probably only puff on a joint once or twice a year if a mate rolls one.

However I had a frozen shoulder a couple of years ago - the pain was unbearable and I was on a dangerous amount of prescribed painkillers, that hardly touched the pain. I decided to try a joint, and the pain went instantly - not just that, I could move my arm again until it wore off an hour or so later. Amazing stuff.

So pretty drug free these days, the thing I need to shake off is the booze - I do more of that than I should.

Anyone fancy a pint?

• edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MonzoPro said:
    In my teens and twenties I’d enjoy a puff of dope with my mates, but mushrooms was my thing. I did thousands of trips - two or three times a week for at least ten years. Loved it, and it helped blot out the horror of the shitty places I lived in. Kick started a lot of creativity too.

Haven’t done any of that for 20 years, and probably only puff on a joint once or twice a year if a mate rolls one.

However I had a frozen shoulder a couple of years ago - the pain was unbearable and I was on a dangerous amount of prescribed painkillers, that hardly touched the pain. I decided to try a joint, and the pain went instantly - not just that, I could move my arm again until it wore off an hour or so later. Amazing stuff.

So pretty drug free these days, the thing I need to shake off is the booze - I do more of that than I should.

Anyone fancy a pint?

Similar thing here for Mrs Plankton...she has rheumatoid arthritis and is on prescribed opiate based PK's which do not wholly help.

A little while ago I mistakenly gave her a joint instead of the roll up she asked me for (don't ask how, I was more drunk/stoned than I realised at the time)..she got half way through it before she realised there was a funny taste to it, and I at the same time realised my joint had no funny taste :|
    She said the pain went almost instantly....she didn't feel stoned in any way.....BUT she won't try it again, saying if the pain gets too bad she will.....

I think it is the stigma around weed that is putting her off rather than anything else. If it were available here from the chemist then I'm sure she would have no problem using it, and be a lot more comfortable than she is now. It is definitely not the fact that it is a drug that puts her off, but that it is an illegal one and the scare mongering about it leading to stronger things. She happily smokes, drinks and takes the PK's.....The PK's DO NOT have the same scare mongering about dependency and moving onto other stuff...but they deserve to have that more than weed does.

I am sure her having a joint instead of the PK's would not only help her pain more...BUT she would be at a lot less risk of forming a physical dependency on it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hindrance? Yes, for being lifted a few times back in the day for cultivating connoisseur quality Exodus Cheese x Northern Lights. It originated from Luton you know.......

Help? Yes, for these two. Think she means ”briefcase-toting criminals”

Found this:

https://www.clear-uk.org/victoria-atkins-mp-the-uk-drugs-minister-opposes-drugs-regulation-while-her-husband-grows-45-acres-of-cannabis-under-government-licence/

• @Max23 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Anyone fancy a pint?

Similar thing here for Mrs Plankton...she has rheumatoid arthritis and is on prescribed opiate based PK's which do not wholly help.

A little while ago I mistakenly gave her a joint instead of the roll up she asked me for (don't ask how, I was more drunk/stoned than I realised at the time)..she got half way through it before she realised there was a funny taste to it, and I at the same time realised my joint had no funny taste :|
    She said the pain went almost instantly....she didn't feel stoned in any way.....BUT she won't try it again, saying if the pain gets too bad she will.....

I think it is the stigma around weed that is putting her off rather than anything else. If it were available here from the chemist then I'm sure she would have no problem using it, and be a lot more comfortable than she is now. It is definitely not the fact that it is a drug that puts her off, but that it is an illegal one and the scare mongering about it leading to stronger things. She happily smokes, drinks and takes the PK's.....The PK's DO NOT have the same scare mongering about dependency and moving onto other stuff...but they deserve to have that more than weed does.

I am sure her having a joint instead of the PK's would not only help her pain more...BUT she would be at a lot less risk of forming a physical dependency on it.

the lady is on opium but afraid to smoke a little joint, how weird is that?

Exactly, it just goes to show how many think what the governments and corporates want them to think.
    The opiate is validated and not dangerous in her mind, because the doctor gives it to her.

• edited February 2018
  • edited February 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Anyone fancy a pint?

I did it as an experiment, but never thought for a second it’d help that much. Thing is, with the effects of the painkillers I was getting fed up with feeling woozy all the time, so just did it the once - next time my shoulder or back goes though I’ll use a camberwell carrot and ditch the pills.

@Max23 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Anyone fancy a pint?

it does not only kill the pain a little, it relaxes the muscles, that helps a lot
    great for pain in the back and stuff like that

Must do, I couldn’t raise my arm above shoulder height, it was completely locked. After one joint I could spin it around like a windmill.

As an ageing person I’ll be getting all sorts of aches and crap over the coming years, so looks like I’ll be revisiting my youth. Just to help with the pain, obviously.

• edited February 2018
  • @Max23 said:
    I use it for pain in the back, painkillers and yoga didn't help
    I smoke half a joint, do a few movements and it goes crrrrk, and everything is back in its place where it belongs to. :)
    I can do the same movements for days if my back is out and stuff won't jump back if I didn't smoke.
    must be the muscle relaxing thing.
    and its much cheaper than going to the chiropractor.

Hmm...interesting. My back’s pretty knackered, with a dodgy disc..being tall doesn’t help either. Maybe I’ll have to give it a try next time it goes...

• @Max23 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Max23 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Anyone fancy a pint?

the lady is on opium but afraid to smoke a little joint, how weird is that?

Exactly, it just goes to show how many think what the governments and corporates want them to think.
    The opiate is validated and not dangerous in her mind, because the doctor gives it to her.

talk her out of it!
    don't say opium say heroin she will better understand that.

I am certainly doing my best to educate her, she is very slowly getting it I think, she is at least more aware of the dangers of the prescribed PK's and what they actually are at least.

• Skipping all the serious sharing in this thread, I'm just gonna say that weed always makes me want to play with electronic music, focusing me even. However not if im already tired.

• Hindrance.

1. Very addictive (15/20% thc).
    2. Cost lots of money.
    3. You need more and more for the same result.
    4. Bad for your health (cancer and brain damage)
    5. The constant feeling you're running out of stock and need a new bag.
    6. After years you start to realize you haven't achieved any of your goals because you just don't give a shit.

The only benefit I experienced is that my eye migraine disappeared.

NOT WORTH IT (unless it's medical weed)

• @Proto said:
    Hindrance.

2. Cost lots of money.
    6. After years you start to realize you haven't achieved any of your goals because you just don't give a shit.

But one of the main benefits is the stress relief. Stress is supposed to be the #1 killer worldwide, and at the root of most other ailments. Depending on what you read, of course. B)
    Your list of negatives for Mary Jane pales in comparison to the long list of side effects rattled off in the last 30 seconds of all of the Pharmaceutical Industry ads that are constantly running in the media.

• @CracklePot said:

@Proto said:
    Hindrance.

2. Cost lots of money.

But one of the main benefits is the stress relief. Stress is supposed to be the #1 killer worldwide, and at the root of most other ailments. Depending on what you read, of course. B)
    Your list of negatives for Mary Jane pales in comparison to the long list of side effects rattled off in the last 30 seconds of all of the Pharmaceutical Industry ads that are constantly running in the media.

Try to smoke 5 a 10 joints a day for 23 years in a row and you realize those ads are based on something (I'm from Holland and its very easy to buy). Smoking weed only makes the pile of stress bigger and bigger because your avoiding problems instead of solving them. It only helps for a very short period but it comes back like a boomerang. Smoking a joint once in a while can't hurt but the trick is to keep it very sporadic and pure for fun.

• @Proto said:

@CracklePot said:

@Proto said:
    Hindrance.

2. Cost lots of money.

Try to smoke 5 a 10 joints a day for 23 years in a row and you realize those ads are based on something (I'm from Holland and its very easy to buy). Smoking weed only makes the pile of stress bigger and bigger because your avoiding problems instead of solving them. It only helps for a very short period but it comes back like a boomerang. Smoking a joint once in a while can't hurt but the trick is to keep it very sporadic and pure for fun.

Yeah, after seeing your stats, your original comment makes sense to me now.
    You know what they say, “You gots to chill”. B)

• edited February 2018

@Proto you've got your facts wrong. Cannabis is actually anti-carcinogenic and amazing on many levels. Using weed as a form of escape is definitely unhealthy though. Everyone's gotta take care of their shit high or not.

• @raindro said:
    @Proto you've got your facts wrong. Cannabis is actually anti-carcinogenic and amazing on many levels. Using weed as a form of escape is definitely unhealthy though. Everyone's gotta take care of their shit high or not.

yes, was going to post that too.

"..scientists reported that THC and other cannabinoids such as CBD slow growth and/or cause death in certain types of cancer cells growing in lab dishes"

From what little I've read, preliminary findings from scientists report that thc/cbd has potential to be more effective at fighting cancer cells than anything else they've come across. Something about the way thc/cbd can adapt and change it's fighting strategy - much like the cancer cells do.

@Proto said:

@CracklePot said:

@Proto said:
    Hindrance.

2. Cost lots of money.

• @CracklePot said:

@Proto said:

@CracklePot said:

@Proto said:
    Hindrance.

2. Cost lots of money.

Yeah, after seeing your stats, your original comment makes sense to me now.
    You know what they say, “You gots to chill”. B)

I'm super chill since a few decades, lol.
    Just wanna say be careful and don't believe it only got benefits like most talk about it in this thread. Time to roll a haze joint :).

• edited February 2018
  • When we have spare time me and my friends always smoke marijuana and it is our bonding time. Our friendship starts because of marijuana. That's why i love it very much and this article tells the truth https://worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/blogs/marijuana-news/what-makes-cannabis-so-great. I know i did not say anything special but i want you to know that marijuana gives a lot of benefits to everyone that's why it needs to be legalized. Just saying

• Personally I think it’s a slam dunk aid for mixing, especially if you’re having trouble getting an ear for a particular process. Composition though it’s 50/50.

• @db909 said:
    Personally I think it’s a slam dunk aid for mixing, especially if you’re having trouble getting an ear for a particular process. Composition though it’s 50/50.

It is particularly effective to refresh your ears/point of view when doing things such as mixing, especially if you have been at it for hours. The head change provides a fresh perspective. I used it a lot when I used to do animation and needed a fresh perspective to effectively judge my work.

• 1st 20 years benefit
    Last 20 years don’t care
    Next 20 years who knows

• Great for mixing/playing.............lousy for engineering............i instantly forget how everything in the studio works, and everything falls apart!