Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Running IOS11 on a Mini2 and Air1 (Update: works great)

2»

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

Hah! Super fast now! As fast as it ever was. Very nice.

100% SUCCESS with ZERO REGRETS.

Told ya, IOS 11 Has been a revelation in use here, my Mini 2s feel like brand new tablets, my Air2 is quick enough that i have not even gassed for a pro at all !

• Oh a quick note, after every single update the batteries on the Mini 2s go absolutely mad, dying super quick, percentages jumping down and up strangely enough, it lasts about five or so days from what i can tell, not sure if it is indexing, I have no photos at all, but it happens and settles.

• Air1 updated. All is well today, no post update slowdown at all. Seems like that was just a mini2 thing. :)

@bigcatrik

• @AudioGus thanks for detailing the journey and I'm glad to hear of the success x 2.

I've been hesitating updating my v1 Pro 12.9 and Air1 but your reports are super encouraging.

• edited April 2018

@bigcatrik said:

@AudioGus said:
    Godspeed little buddy!

Really curious to hear the outcome. I have a Mini 2 and Air 1 still on 10.3.3.

I have a mini2 in same situation so this has been helpful.

Also have an iPhone 5S not updated yet.

• @Proppa said:
    I've been hesitating updating my v1 Pro 12.9 and Air1 but your reports are super encouraging.

My v1 Pro has been working great on iOS 11 but I’ve hesitated with the air 1. I might go ahead with it now hearing the good reports here.

• @Hmtx said:

@Proppa said:

My v1 Pro has been working great on iOS 11 but I’ve hesitated with the air 1. I might go ahead with it now hearing the good reports here.

Further-encouraging to hear of another 12.9 thumbs up.

I'm set on updating my Pro and settling in to the idea of letting the Air1 host some of the now-Legacy apps.

• Yeah, the first releases of new iOS versions have not been great the last couple of years.

Fortunately that appears to be changing: linky

“This change is Apple beginning to realize that schedules are not being hit, stuff is being released with bugs – which previously would not have happened,” when Apple was a smaller company with fewer engineers, customers and devices to manage, says one person familiar with the company.

• Thank you @Samplemunch and @AudioGus for encouragement. I am the very happy owner of an updated air 2 and mini 2. Both devices run everything at least the same, but I would say better (AuriaPro, AB3, AUM, Cubasis, notepad, cut and paste and safari). Ive changed my mind, I love Apple iOS updates and iOS11.3 especially.
    I must admit Ive been pretty against updating to the extent of mild paranoia, thinking that the update advocates on here had been assimilated by apple bots. Silly me.
    Now Im drag-and-drop-tastic, draggy-down-keyboarding and Rozeta'd up.
    Look at this smile :)

• @Richtowns said:

Look at this smile :)

Awww! :)

• hi all -

newb to this forum - thx for this helpful thread. I asked @Alexandernaut IRL and he said check here... what do you know, solid info.

I'm trying to get in under the wire, updating my Mini 2 so it can "go to 11" before iOS12 comes out. Did an iTunes backup just in case. Here goes.... fingers crossed... Any regrets or ungood results (after a couple of days of reindexing?) I'll report back.

-jeremiah

• Mini 2 runs much better with IOS 12, much quicker around the UI, been running it it since the first beta, Mini 2 felt new again.

• @Turntablist said:
    Mini 2 runs much better with IOS 12, much quicker around the UI, been running it it since the first beta, Mini 2 felt new again.

I’m looking forward to it. My Mini 2 has been slow on 11.

• @Turntablist said:
    Mini 2 runs much better with IOS 12, much quicker around the UI, been running it it since the first beta, Mini 2 felt new again.

I kept my Air 1 and Mini 2 on 10.3. Not really happy about missing out on new features, but maybe 12 will be the best of both worlds.

• Ugh decision time with Air 1 on 10.3 :'( :'(