Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

*UPDATED 5/14* - Sliver - from Alex Matheu (GlitchBreaks dev)

Sliver v1.0.2 is available in the App Store https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sliver/id789010140?mt=8

Sliver is $5.99 USD

Sliver website with App Description, Feature List, User Manual, etc. http://matheusound.net/sliver/

This space be updated with more info, sounds, etc. over time.

Comments

• Introducing Sliver - a video

• Really great! Takes a combination of Samplr and some others to a next level!

• I just do not understand noisemaking apps like this one? After watching the video I still do not get the point of them. I know a few people here love them though. Just what do you guys use them for?

• @Tritonman2 said:

I just do not understand noisemaking apps like this one? After watching the video I still do not get the point of them. I know a few people here love them though. Just what do you guys use them for?

Read the second caption screen of the video.

Awaiting the release. Looks like Lemur with wave import. Should be cool coming from this dev.

• Impressive stuff. I want it.

• I wish devs would produce videos showing how their apps would be useful to me. It does not really seem like to much to ask for.

• You can see what the app does by this video so you can decide whether it's something you can use and how you would use it.

How would a dev know how everyone out there wants to use their app?

• More excellent work by Alex who have us GlitchBreaks. I really like the look of Sliver. Nice.

• Looks like a great value. hard to pass up - and I won't!

• That makes sence yowsa I dont need it if that is all it can do in the video. I did not think it looked useful and why I asked how you guys were using it.

• Technically we're not using it, yet. I envision creating new sound texture from my waveforms. I play guitar primarily and would love to run some melodic licks through this, used as texture in songs.

But Trit, I think you are right...What else can this thing do? I am wanting to find out.

• edited February 2014

@Tritonman2 said:

I just do not understand noisemaking apps like this one? After watching the video I still do not get the point of them. I know a few people here love them though. Just what do you guys use them for?

Sliver would be well suited for a broad range of project types. The video only shows a small handful of the presets included, and those presets represent the ideas of just a few people. Once you have this in hand you will see that it is a tool that you can use to shape sounds into completely new structures.

Personally, I find it excellent for:

Soundscapes

Ambient

Drone

Sound design

Sound effects creation

Pads

Unique sonic textures

Cinematic sound elements

Mangling the life out of samples

Creating a playable instrument from any sound

It's really a very flexible tool.

To give you an example of what it can do...
    The sounds you hear for the first 20 seconds of the video are all one single preset I created for Sliver v1, titled "Adrift Toward Nashira". The entire preset is based upon one generally flat, two note sample, but the tools available in Sliver give the power to shape that single flat sound into a piece of music with multiple moving elements, some being worlds away from the original sample. And what you heard there was simply pushing play and letting the preset's automation run. (Which by the way is great. You'll find yourself just listening to a preset run for 20 minutes) You can get even more interesting results manipulating things real-time, in concert with the written automation.

Ultimately only you can say if and how It will work for you, but I would say pretty much anyone who creates computer based music will be able to put Sliver to great use.

• What slot will this fit in? Possibly the effect slot? Will it have the ability to record, or copy/paste?

• edited February 2014

Sliver will sit in an Audiobus Input slot. Sliver is sample based so having it sit in an effects slot might be rather pointless, because due to the nature of the app, it does not process live audio.

• Ala Glichbreaks, got ya. (Pointless in effect slot)

Any type of friction on the physics?

• It seems akin to Samplr in some ways, but without multitrack (multisample) and many more effects capabilities.

Am I totally wrong?

• @daveproper A few similarities, a load of differences.

@WMWM Yes, Friction is a controllable parameter while using Dynamics Control physics. At 1:38 in the video you can see a quick shot of the physics control menu opened up.

• Any possibility of more videos that show a more start from scratch approach?
    Would love to see how it can evolve from a simple chord sample or voice or drum sample

• Wow. I need that.

• @thepinkelephant Yes, it's a possibility. There are more examples and such in the works, so I'd say an end to end video is certainly in the cards.

@cian Yeah, pretty much.

• I'm always a sucker for sample mangling apps. It seems to do far more than what I could gather from the screenshots.

• edited March 2014

• No brain here lol. I am going to pass.

• edited February 2014

@Tritonman2 said:

No brain here lol. I am going to pass.

Wow dude, do you really have nothing better to do than hate on an app.

Love this app! Keep up good work dev!

• edited February 2014

As long as no one is trolling, i find it refreshing with a healty dose of fanboys and haters!

• While I find tutorial videos very useful for new apps, I also get a lot of pleasure figuring things out for myself, and trying to find new and interesting ways to use them. And, come on, for the price of a diseased Hot Pocket, it's a bargain (and no bulk toilet paper required)!

• edited February 2014

OK, so here's a question for anyone in the know... I saw a keyboard in the video. Can these mangled samples (soundscapes if you will), be played chromatically? In other words, Alchemy has a lot of sounds like this, but it is basically a sample player with tons of really cool sounds. I can picture myself creating some pretty cool sounds, but I want to know if it goes beyond single note droning and if it actually is playable...

Another question: Are all of the parameters automatable? There are a lot of parameters, and I'd never be able to use them all at the same time, but I can picture the benefits of using all parameters at the same time.

A third question: provided there are automatable parameters, are they sync'ed to midi or bpm?

A fourth question: provided the sounds can be played chromatically with a keyboard, does this app send and receive midi so that the soundscapes can be chromatically sequenced?

I can see a TON of potential in this IF these things are possible! :-)

• edited February 2014

@AudioJunkie

Yes, the keyboard folds out and will change the global pitch of the sound, without changing the speed.

Yes, all parameters are automatable.

Technically the only tempo synched parameter is the Delay Time, the general purposes of Sliver are not dependent on beat synching..... however, since the answer to your 4th question is Yes, you can send it MIDI, so having a sequencer controlling things can of course allow you to sync the sequencer to the tempo of your choosing.

• edited February 2014

From Alex Matheu, Sliver dev

• Cool! I'm in! I can see the potential of this now! It's like having Alchemy, except you can also create your own soundscapes with it! REALLY COOL!!!