Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zeeon

Comments

• @oat_phipps said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    If Zeeon didn’t have the two layers, I simple would not bother with it much. As others have said, it has its own sound and really isn’t for that smoothness found within the Moogs. The Moogs can’t really do what Zeeon does though.

I haven’t used two layers with Zeeon since the first few patches I created. I really should get back to it, but the flaw is it reduces the polyphony to four (And you can’t modulate the mix between the two layers).

I also mainly use just one layer and it´s fine to me.
    Moog does 4 voices but the truth is i would be also happy with a mono version but 1-2 extra features or FX instead.
    It´s the perfect mono synth and while it sounds also great with 4 voices it´s just not as good there. The levels go down and the feedback/saturation loose a bit and doesn´t sound good with poly voices as well.
    I really miss some pure mono synths like Dagger or Repro-1 on iOS. Most people crying for more voices but to focus on one fat voice can add a lot great things and you won´t overload your cpu as well so fast.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    If Zeeon didn’t have the two layers, I simple would not bother with it much. As others have said, it has its own sound and really isn’t for that smoothness found within the Moogs. The Moogs can’t really do what Zeeon does though.

I haven’t used two layers with Zeeon since the first few patches I created. I really should get back to it, but the flaw is it reduces the polyphony to four (And you can’t modulate the mix between the two layers).

Yeah it’s not ideal, I just find it makes the sounds I want from it. I suppose it’s when I’m looking at something one layer will do, I’m now reaching more for Model D. Spoilt really now for choices :)

• @Samu said:

@Cib said:

Damn......you need them all!! :)

Had a quick play with the new Korg Prologue a few days ago...
    ...just waiting for the second the 'Multi Engine' pops up on iOS. It would be a perfect 'Gadget' :)
    (And would also allow custom user programmed 'oscillators').

But yeah a proper Pro One emulation would be nice on iOS :)
    I recall in my music class we had 3 synths, JX8P, MS-20 and the ProOne...

The Pro One has really some crazy versatile tricks for a mono synth. Maybe best modulations in a synth ever.
    It also can get even more fat than a Minimoog since you can use all waveforms at the same time.
    For analog power Repro is f.e. my second favorite software synth in general (especially since it includes now also a Prophet 5 with 8 voices). Model D iOS would be my third place. Not bad for a 5 dollar iOS app.
    Zeeon would be also in my Top 10 for sure.

• Difference for myself:

Zeeon is a girl I’ve found a liking for and imagine will have some fun times.

Model D is a girl I would have baby synths with :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Difference for myself:

Zeeon is a girl I’ve found a liking for and imagine will have some fun times.

Nah´you married Zeeon and now you have a love affair! ;)

• But what if Zeeon and Model D had a baby......

• @Cib said:
    But what if Zeeon and Model D had a baby......

DRC on the side too?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

That 'baby synth' would most likely get 'variable oscillators'(for PWM), sync, cross & ring mod and an extensive modulation matrix topped with a few step-sequencers/modulators...

Say hello to Moog iVoyager Deluxe Ultra Plus or something like that :D

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

That 'baby synth' would most likely get 'variable oscillators'(for PWM), sync, cross & ring mod and an extensive modulation matrix topped with a few step-sequencers/modulators...

Say hello to Moog iVoyager Deluxe Ultra Plus or something like that :D

Your naming regime is so Capcom mid Eighties :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Your naming regime is so Capcom mid Eighties :p

I'm 'Old School'(-72) so the mid 80s feels like home to me :D

• What´s great about Zeeon is that you can really explore i for a long time and still find new ways.
    F.e. i thought i can´t get quite the snappy gnarly saxophone like timbre out of Zeeon which works good in Model D but i was wrong. I remembered the brice (thank you brice again) told me once that i can make the modulation range wider via constant and modulate a matrix slot. I used that now to make a wider modulation range for the cut-off frequency and also used the waveform morph to fine tune it to get it right. Now i´m very close to that Moog sound.
    Moog does sound better at the low end. Both are good at mid range but Zeeon is better at the high end.
    Of course i can go now much more crazy in Zeeon since i have still 6 modulations slots left while i´m at the end of Model D modulation options for this sound. :)

• edited April 2018

I’d like to see the knobs animated by what’s going on in the mod matrix.

And the midi-learn/layers bug to be fixed too. ;)

Having much fun with Zeeon and Quantum this evening.

• Sorry for the possibly dumb question, but does the Zeeon IAP shop not exist anymore? When I use Zeeon standalone it says “Banks shop is available in the standalone app”. I’d love to buy some more presets if anyone could help me. Cheers.

• @AtticusL said:
    Sorry for the possibly dumb question, but does the Zeeon IAP shop not exist anymore? When I use Zeeon standalone it says “Banks shop is available in the standalone app”. I’d love to buy some more presets if anyone could help me. Cheers.

It still shows for me. Weird

• It still shows for me. Weird

Ah. Cheers for replying. I’ll have to delete and re-install I suppose.

• Deleted Zeeon. Reset iPad. Re-installed. Still no luck. Anybody experienced this?

• edited August 2018

I see this too. I already have all the IAPs but at the bottom of the Bank list it says “Bank shop available in standalone app” which is what I opened. Same thing as an AU in AUM.
    Is this a bug? @giku_beepstreet

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    its a known minor annoyance and on the list of things to fix ;)

Thanks, good to know! Zeeon also needs the iOS edge of screen fix as the bottom edge of the keyboard doesn’t respond to touch

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There is a known fix for it. I’m pretty sure he fixed it in Sunrizer because in the first version released as AU, the edge of the keyboard didn’t respond in the standalone app and after an update it did.

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@yowza said:
    I see this too. I already have all the IAPs but at the bottom of the Bank list it says “Bank shop available in standalone app” which is what I opened. Same thing as an AU in AUM.
    Is this a bug? @giku_beepstreet

its a known minor annoyance and on the list of things to fix ;)

Good stuff. Until it’s fixed is there anyway to get to the IAP shop?

• Zeeon is a virtual analog synthesizer, powered by an advanced analog circuit modelling engine. We spent a lot of time analysing iconic analog synths, both vintage and modern, to find out which parts of the circuit contribute most to their specific character. mybkexperience

• @Schwarz532 said:
    Zeeon is a virtual analog synthesizer, powered by an advanced analog circuit modelling engine. We spent a lot of time analysing iconic analog synths, both vintage and modern, to find out which parts of the circuit contribute most to their specific character. mybkexperience

Reminds me of that old Rob Schneider SNL skit where he's totally behind the conversation then will blurt out something related to the topic already passed.

This must mean that bots have attained Rob Schneider-level intelligence. Phew, nothing to worry about for a good while.

• Hey guys, I have a little problem, or maybe a bug!?

I wanted to use my Nanokey studio (with 4x2 knobs) to control Filter (Tone, Freq, Res, Env).
    My plan was to use the first row of the knobs to control LAYER 1 of Zeeon and the second row of knobs to control LAYER 2. It seems to work (the midi mapping is working) but then I discovered that the second row has no effect and the first row of my knobs are controlling both layers simultaneously - although the midi mapping was successful.

After that I checked the Nanokontrol 2 midi controller. Same result. Am I missing something or is this not possible!? Maybe I need to use two instances of Zeeon to accomplish my idea?!
    Thanks for any insight and help

• edited March 2019

@david_2017 said:
    Hey guys, I have a little problem, or maybe a bug!?

I wanted to use my Nanokey studio (with 4x2 knobs) to control Filter (Tone, Freq, Res, Env).
    My plan was to use the first row of the knobs to control LAYER 1 of Zeeon and the second row of knobs to control LAYER 2. It seems to work (the midi mapping is working) but then I discovered that the second row has no effect and the first row of my knobs are controlling both layers simultaneously - although the midi mapping was successful.

After that I checked the Nanokontrol 2 midi controller. Same result. Am I missing something or is this not possible!? Maybe I need to use two instances of Zeeon to accomplish my idea?!

Possible that the layers are linked?

Edit: scratch that. Same behavior on this end. Appears to be a bug.

• @brice said:

@david_2017 said:
    Hey guys, I have a little problem, or maybe a bug!?

Possible that the layers are linked?

Edit: scratch that. Same behavior on this end. Appears to be a bug.

Thanks man @brice !
    Maybe @giku_beepstreet has a spareminute to swing by and let us know if he can fix this on his end. Thanks in advanced!

• Definitely some bugs on the midi learn mapping. It doesn't seem to save the mapping with a session. Sometimes the dials don't turn when mapped, but it still works. Clearing a mapping and assigning another doesn't always clear the original mapping so you get double mappings etc.

I hope this gets addressed because I love this synth :)

Best to work with AU parameters I think with Zeeon until then as that seems more reliable.