Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zeeon

Comments

• @tja said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    For users with iOS 11.3 and Zeeon v.1.51:

To show the app in standalone mode:
    1. Close Zeeon app (remove it from bkg)
    2. Open any AU host (e.g. AUM)
    3. Open Zeeon again

Sorry about this. iOS11.3 changed the way you host your own components in standalone app. v.1.52 is on the way

Apple should just not change things without at least informing, better yet consulting with app developers - and this will only happen, when developers strongly demand such things.

Also, there seem to be many audio related problems with iOS 11... and those things need to be fixed by Apple! But this again needs people demanding that - and only developers may have such a contact to Apple.

As ordinary user I cannot even give feedback - and I don't understand the technical problems, so I could not even give proper feedback.

So, I hope that the developers fight for a better and more stable iOS environment.

:) :) :)

Even if you don’t know the technical issues music app developers face, you could still write Apple directly and let them know you’re tired of their lack of consideration for music app developers and would like them to provide better documentation and collaboration so you can have better and more stable apps plus updates for them.

• @ph8aerror said:

@futureaztec said:
    I was pretty interested in the Zeeon synth. When I got to the app store those reviews on there put me off the purchase. What's up with that?

I'm reading some of the reviews myself and I only see a few bad reviews which are (and I'm trying not to be insulting to the reviewers) clearly... CLEARLY "user errors" from folks who probably shouldn't have any business dealing with synths... or making music... or sounds in general.

Sadly we live mostly in a 1 or 5 stars voting world and it seems things get hyped or voted down very fast.
    I learned the lesson to wait days or even weeks to really judge a synth or in general a plug-in (as long as it works of course and i can play and explore it).
    Reminds me of scene of black mirror .

• @InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

3. Open Zeeon again

Sorry about this. iOS11.3 changed the way you host your own components in standalone app. v.1.52 is on the way

Apple should just not change things without at least informing, better yet consulting with app developers - and this will only happen, when developers strongly demand such things.

Also, there seem to be many audio related problems with iOS 11... and those things need to be fixed by Apple! But this again needs people demanding that - and only developers may have such a contact to Apple.

As ordinary user I cannot even give feedback - and I don't understand the technical problems, so I could not even give proper feedback.

So, I hope that the developers fight for a better and more stable iOS environment.

Even if you don’t know the technical issues music app developers face, you could still write Apple directly and let them know you’re tired of their lack of consideration for music app developers and would like them to provide better documentation and collaboration so you can have better and more stable apps plus updates for them.

Tell me, where i can write to Apple and i will do!

• @tja said:

@InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

3. Open Zeeon again

Here’s the link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

• @InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

3. Open Zeeon again

Here’s the link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

There is no way to adress iOS, so i would use iPad instead.

Will write back!

• Most of you will probably not agree, but I have grown to dislike Zeeon.
    The patches I’ve bought are hardly usable & I find it awkward to program.
    Sunrizer & I have a lovely and stable relationship, but Zeeon is a screaming bitch, pardon my French.
    Most of the patches are sounding brittle and gross.It's eating cpu power like Taz.
    Please be kind, I’m a very sensitive person :smiley:

• @Kühl said:
    Most of you will probably not agree, but I have grown to dislike Zeeon.
    Sunrizer & I have a lovely and stable relationship, but Zeeon is a screaming bitch, pardon my French.
    Most of the patches are sounding brittle and gross.It's eating cpu power like Taz.

Fair enough, but I’m interested to know what you find hardly usable about the patches?

• edited April 2018

• edited April 2018

• Zeeon issues here in AUM since lastest update, big cpu spikes when used as an AU, audio crackles everywhere just with a bassline, no issue before.
    Fun thing is iOS 11.3 is there to fix things but a workflow can be broken at the same time, look at Cubasis freezing issue too.

• edited April 2018

@Kühl said:

This is surprising, the ‘brittle and gross’ part regarding presets especially. A shame you don’t get along with it, it’s almost universally loved. But I can respect that, even if I don’t understand it.

• @brice said:

@Kühl said:

Fair enough, but I’m interested to know what you find hardly usable about the patches?

Just used your Starion pad (the best pad ever made IMO) and Valley Girls preset in a track today. Thanks!

• @Kühl said:

This is interesting. I was a big fan of Sunrizer and Zeeon is my favorite synth on iOS (although Model D is close to a dethrone). Go figure.

• I love Zeeon, but it's partly because it has it's own character, the filter sounds a bit aggressive and buzzy (for want of a better term). Model D and Model 15 can do very warm and very smooth sounds, Zeeon is colder and a lot less smooth sounding.

For example dialing in a Vox Humana type sound in Zeeon isn't easy, whereas in Model D it's a breeze.

For example one of my contributions to the AB forum Model D bank was The Sad Lady Sings (and if you enable polyphony you can make a Sad Lady Choir). I can't really replicate this sound in Zeeon because the required smoothness is not there.

It's not a criticism, I love Zeeon and it makes really cool sounds (I really love the Future Singer preset that comes with the app), but it's definitely got its own character. The Fold distortion is great.

• @brice said:

@Kühl said:

I think it's not about the patches, but the synth and this typical sound it produce. I created patches myself and was feeling a bit limited with the end result, so to be sure I purchased your patches (the space ones) to check if I was doing something wrong, but they almost sounded the same like mine. I don't mind the special character of this synth, but this special sound also has some limitations. I think with synths in general its very difficult to judge since most here love typical 80s sound while others hate them and are looking for more new futuristic sounds.

• @richardyot said:
    I love Zeeon, but it's partly because it has it's own character, the filter sounds a bit aggressive and buzzy (for want of a better term). Model D and Model 15 can do very warm and very smooth sounds, Zeeon is colder and a lot less smooth sounding.

For example dialing in a Vox Humana type sound in Zeeon isn't easy, whereas in Model D it's a breeze.

For example one of my contributions to the AB forum Model D bank was The Sad Lady Sings (and if you enable polyphony you can make a Sad Lady Choir). I can't really replicate this sound in Zeeon because the required smoothness is not there.

It's not a criticism, I love Zeeon and it makes really cool sounds (I really love the Future Singer preset that comes with the app), but it's definitely got its own character. The Fold distortion is great.

I agree. They are different and while i also prefer the Moog Ladder filter and the envelopes in Model D Zeeon seems to can be more clear. I had a look at the EQ/spectrum and Zeeon looks like the most aliasing free synth on iOS and it´s sharp and crystal clear on very high frequencies and high amplitude. Model D is awesome here as well but can´t get so far.
    Not that anyone would notice it in a mix.

• @Cib With what did you check the spectrum? An iOS App?

• edited April 2018

@giku_beepstreet said:

3. Open Zeeon again

I wanted to see if I could give Zeeon some money so I loaded the standalone app and it says it is loading as an audio unit. Then when I go to the banks it says to run the standalone, which I just did. (insert Fry with a wad o dollah billz meme)

• If Zeeon didn’t have the two layers, I simple would not bother with it much. As others have said, it has its own sound and really isn’t for that smoothness found within the Moogs. The Moogs can’t really do what Zeeon does though.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    If Zeeon didn’t have the two layers, I simple would not bother with it much. As others have said, it has its own sound and really isn’t for that smoothness found within the Moogs. The Moogs can’t really do what Zeeon does though.

And with 2 Moogs, layered?

• I think the best part about Zeeon is that it sounds GREAT with no effects. Turn that reverb off! The chorus is very good, so much that it’s tempting to turn it on everything, but skip the verb. It has a very organic, unique feel to it. Especially compared to something like Volt...which sounds puny and dead without effects or interesting modulation.

• To add further, I never thought I’d get over the classic sounds (Moog, Juno, OB being the main culprits) and thought I would always insist on using them, but Zeeon, while able to approximate those, has its own modern flavor to it. I don’t see it as an 80s machine at all.

• edited April 2018

It's definitely not an 80s sounding synth IMO. One of the reasons I like it in fact :)

• @richardyot said:
    It's definitely not an 80s sounding synth IMO. One of the reasons I like it in fact :)

Yes, it's exactly why I like it too.

• @tja said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    If Zeeon didn’t have the two layers, I simple would not bother with it much. As others have said, it has its own sound and really isn’t for that smoothness found within the Moogs. The Moogs can’t really do what Zeeon does though.

And with 2 Moogs, layered?

Still not the modulation possibilities. Both very different beasts. Both really great at what they do.

• @tja said:
    @Cib With what did you check the spectrum? An iOS App?

No, connected my iPhone trough usb to lightning cable to my mac...which is indeed also annoying since i always get now crackles and dropouts after some time (no cpu or ram issue here) and/or terrible latency which are over 2-3 seconds :o
    However, you can see some really tiny aliasing if you go really into high frequencies and try to turn up the amplitude.
    It might be because Model D seems to not only push the volume but also saturates a bit (even without the feedback). I might be wrong. You see that some harmonics get reflected but just for extreme settings while f.e. Zeeon stays crystal clear. That is f.e. useful if you really want to saturate or distort this further or use huge reverbs etc on it.
    I might be wrong and that is no science what i did. But i always had the feeling that Zeeon is one of the best in the really high frequencies even with crazy audio rate stuff going on. It´s clean as Repro f.e.

• edited April 2018

Zeeon and Model D are very different of course.
    I agree that Model D is much better for smooth and really growling dark tunes while Zeeon offers a lot more options to modulate....almost a semi modular synth.
    Model D has a sweet spot and there it is far better than everything on iOS for me and even better than most desktop plug-ins. Dagger f.e. is brutal like hell.....in positive way.
    Both can create unique sounds and i tried to recreate some of my favorites. It´s not really possible. You can get quite there but with a totally different character.
    It´s like with the old analog synths. A lot think The Model D is the holy grail, others much prefer the Pro One, Octave Cat or even a Polivoks.
    On iOS Model D is my current favorite but that might be that it´s so fast to use and it sound awesome even before adding FX. It can create more organic and pronounced as well as smooth sounds.
    DRC is another great synth which has a unique character.
    Zeeon is much better for strings and pads as Model D which is especially excellent for bass and lead sounds.
    Both are great and go along well together for me.
    I mean the one which will be the first on mac also will be my final winner. >:)

Damn......you need them all!! :)

• @Cib said:
    Zeeon and Model D are very different of course.
    I agree that Model D is much better for smooth and really growling dark tunes while Zeeon offers a lot more options to modulate....almost a semi modular synth.
    Model D has a sweet spot and there it is far better than everything on iOS for me and even better than most desktop plug-ins. Dagger f.e. is brutal like hell.....in positive way.
    Both can create unique sounds and i tried to recreate some of my favorites. It´s not really possible. You can get quite there but with a totally different character.
    It´s like with the old analog synths. A lot think The Model D is the holy grail, others much prefer the Pro One, Octave Cat or even a Polivoks.
    On iOS Model D is my current favorite but that might be that it´s so fast to use and it sound awesome even before adding FX. It can create more organic and pronounced as well as smooth sounds.
    DRC is another great synth which has a unique character.

Agree about Model D and that sweet spot - it’s almost alive at times.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

I haven’t used two layers with Zeeon since the first few patches I created. I really should get back to it, but the flaw is it reduces the polyphony to four (And you can’t modulate the mix between the two layers).

• @Cib said:

Had a quick play with the new Korg Prologue a few days ago...
    ...just waiting for the second the 'Multi Engine' pops up on iOS. It would be a perfect 'Gadget' :)
    (And would also allow custom user programmed 'oscillators').

But yeah a proper Pro One emulation would be nice on iOS :)
    I recall in my music class we had 3 synths, JX8P, MS-20 and the ProOne...