Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ZDNet article re concerns with iOS platform

Comments

• It's just typical ZEDNet click-bait where a few persons opinions are blown out of proportion...

• Yeah, on the other hand iOs is finally starting to grow up and be useful :)

I thought the other recent article about Apple planning to move back to it's own cpu production away from intel on desktop was interesting as it shows the potential convergence of iOS and MacOS in the future.

• The only thing I got out of that article is that the author is sour and hates his life. :D

• Web page where 70% of the browser is covered with ads + autoplaying video = instant close. :)

• This is my favourite quote:

“iOS 12 betas should start landing in June, and I'm going to be keeping a close eye on things. And it's going to be a cold, critical eye. I want to be seeing big improvements. And fast. But I'm not going to be holding my breath”.

Literally no substance in this article. The only issues highlighted in the whole piece were about the control center. Not exactly irreversible problems that “Apple cannot fix”.

• Don't know how the author could disparage Apple after the much heralded release of last years Pros B)

• @Beathoven: "I'm going to be keeping a close eye on things. And it's going to be a cold, critical eye"

If I were a psychologist, I would keep a close, critical eye on the article's author ;)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @Beathoven: "I'm going to be keeping a close eye on things. And it's going to be a cold, critical eye"

If I were a psychologist, I would keep a close, critical eye on the article's author ;)

:#

• @Beathoven sorry, was that too harsh? I mean, I may be quite anti-social, but... some random news site on the Internet is "keeping a close eye" on Apple, a multi-hundred-billion-dollar company which certainly won't cease to exist just because that random site is 'wanting to see improvements fast"... maybe I need to become more tolerant :)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @Beathoven sorry, was that too harsh? I mean, I may be quite anti-social, but... some random news site on the Internet is "keeping a close eye" on Apple, a multi-hundred-billion-dollar company which certainly won't cease to exist just because that random site is 'wanting to see improvements fast"... maybe I need to become more tolerant :)

Don’t get me wrong; I agree 100%. The journalist doesn’t come across as having a stable personality and writes very angrily without qualification. @realdavidai could be pretty close to the truth.

• @SevenSystems said:
    Web page where 70% of the browser is covered with ads + autoplaying video = instant close. :)

Best feature of High Sierra....“auto play off“.

• @Cib yeah, I need to look up some Chrome extension for it :)

• @SevenSystems said:
    maybe I need to become more tolerant :)

No. In a time where fact and random opinion are often perceived as the same thing and it’s increasingly hard to distinguish between experts and clickbait-mongers it’s good to remain highly critical of what’s being peddled on the interwebs ;)

• Yah! Who shared this crap anyway?? :wink:

• Damn. And here I thought I was having fun with my iPads. All these great music apps. Incredible value for price. It was sounding pretty good but... NOW? Total bummer. Thanks a lot, ZDNet.

• Here’s the ultimate take-down of this entire category of Apple-hater journalism.

https://medium.com/rethink-reviews/airpods-and-the-three-stages-of-apple-criticism-fed70b84e435

• edited April 2018

@orand said:
    Here’s the ultimate take-down of this entire category of Apple-hater journalism.

https://medium.com/rethink-reviews/airpods-and-the-three-stages-of-apple-criticism-fed70b84e435

Nice!

That's not only with Apple.
    The press usually will do almost anything to attract readers.
    Readers usually want to see their own opinion confirmed, and since there are not only Apple lovers but also Apple haters out there, ZDnet wants to attract them too.
    Have a look, you can find both opinions on their site, to the point they're contradicting.

I don't care about such articles because I'm one of the few species who's using iOS apps for music production and from this perspective, the focus on iOS and apps is vastly different.

• I guess you have to use your intuition when it comes to author and publisher intent here. I think the author is genuinely disappointed in the product Apple is selling. Just like people on this forum complain bitterly about things. There ARE real issues with Apple and iOS, but the question is whether expectations are realistic, and if the person all bent out of shape has any appreciation for what is good and what works in iOS, or are they trashing everything because they're too emotionally invested. That's one reason why the Internet produces so much crap purporting to be journalism. It's just some person spewing about how the world has failed them miserably.

I'm a relatively new Apple user, maybe 5 years or so. From what I understand, Apple products were more reliable and wonderful and stuff in the "old days." It's a different world today, and Apple is a massive business producing for a mass audience. It's not going to go smoothly, and toes are going to get stepped on. It's still way better than not having this incredible and affordable technology, but the writer on ZDNet doesn't see it that way, apparently because some buttons are in the wrong place and something stuttered. Hopefully, he'll live long enough to tell his grandchildren how tough he had it.

• The angry tech critic raving on about first world technology problems like they're worse than child hunger is a common gimmick nowadays.

Am I 100% happy with iOS and Apple? No. But for my needs and coming ngrpm a music production perspective I am consistently blown away by iOS. Yes the new problems with the new iPad Pro's made me slow my roll on early adoption. But that delay and my reliance on my Air 2 for another 6 months + has made me a fan of Apple & their hardware even more. My Air 2 performs just as well as it did when brand new.

I got into smartphones pretty early, buying a HTC MyTouch 3G (aka HTC Magic), one of the first Android phones, in early 2009. Every few years I upgraded to another Android phone, liking the interface & customization and admittedly buying into the belief Apple iPhones were overpriced toys.

I waited for music production apps to come to the format as I heard they'd come to Apple but nothing came close to being useable & professional. When my wife bought me my Air 2 for a suprise gift in 2015 I was quickly blown away at the apps available for music. And since then it's only gotten better.

Yeah the great music app devs like @brambos and WaveMachine Labs aren't Apple, they're not part of the company, etc. But they're made for use on Apple iOS for many reasons, not least of which is that IT WORKS. And when it doesn't, as Rim just showed with his quick fix of Auria after some issues last week, it gets fixed and works again.

I know writers like the guy who wrote this don't feel their attacking third party app makers when trashing Apple & iOS but from my POV these hit pieces don't do anyone involved with the format any favors...or a fair shake.

• I've been in 'business relation' with Apple since the days of the beige Macintosh and it was MacOS that got me into developement - the environment, the tools, just like today IOS and it's free starter set attract a lot of folks.

While Apple's company goals and strategy has changed a lot, it's not them to blame.
    They simply wouldn't be in business anymore if they hadn't adopted to what's hip today.

Imo Windows is the most blunt and pointless bloat of pretending 'technology'. It's an intended mess, a gordian knot.
    My Visual Studio licence did cost me a 4-figure amount and I'm constantly pissed off when I compare it's methods to what was up decades ago.
    Apple still is lightyears ahead in consistency and concepts, regardless with what shit they come up.
    At least they HAVE some kind of common sense, while Microsoft is piling up rubbish.
    They have a huge success, though... with their pseudo-smart auto writing developement system and they are the first to claim the customer's machine their own. Hats off. o:)

• There ya go, didn’t take long to turn this thread in to Apple vs Microsoft did it hahahaha.

• "Let's face it, iOS is a mess"

Let's face it, so is your website mate. I didn't read it, as I couldn't face closing twenty pop-ups, running the risk of potential dodgy data-harvesting marketing cookie trojans, and sounds like it was a keyboard warrior bag of shite anyway.

As far as I'm concerned the iOS software/hardware platform can be a bug-ridden, unreliable, expensive (3 yearly hardware cycles), frustrating, big-brother-watching-you heap of crap.

Just like all the other platforms.

But like the others have their benefits, so does this one. It's innovative, unique, the software is relatively inexpensive, and highly portable. Last night I was able to stick an ipad in the front pocket of my bass bag, take it with me to band rehearsal, and inbetween the bass playing - whip it out for a bit of instant sequenced Moog joy.

Swings, roundabouts, slides.

• @Samplemunch said:
    There ya go, didn’t take long to turn this thread in to Apple vs Microsoft did it hahahaha.

To be fair, the article in the op is kind of Apple vs Microsoft.

• I mean I love ios as a platform with all the great development on music apps. I would like to see apple show more care for stability and stop adding useless features and breaking important stuff. Maybe they'll eventually come around but either way I'm having fun with it

• I don't think ZDNet can fix the mess it's created
    ZDNet has turned its site from a sleek, streamlined, easy-to-read destination into a ghastly horror show.

ZDNet knows ZDnet has deteriorated, but it plans to fix that.

Word has it that ZDNet is putting on hold some of it's articles in order to concentrate on trying to fix the problems that it's allowed to build up in the platform.

That sounds great and all, but I'm not convinced that ZDNet can fix the mess it has created.

Let's face it ZDNet is a mess. I've covered just some of my grievances with the platform, and my colleague Jason Perlow did a great job of highlighting how the platform was getting in the way of him even loading a page.

The platform is such a mess that ZDNet even showcased multiple autoplaying videos, ads, popups and webtrackers in an article it published on how unusable iOS is. And just to make matters worse, ZDNet never fixed the problems before posting the article slamming iOS.

As I see it, ZDNet is failing on four fronts:

Performance: I would go as far as to say that ZDNet performance is at its worst. The fact that there are multiple intrusive barriers to even getting the page to load properly on brand new hardware is a massive FAIL.

Stability: I'll be honest and say that ZDNet stability isn't the worst I've seen it, but for a content platform that talks about failures of other companies, that's not really a glowing recommendation.

Bugginess: The number of ways that ZDNet has dropped the ball on this front in the past few months is just unbelievable.

Usability: I remember when ZDNet cared about usability. ZDNet usability is now garbage.

• Lol, CBS needs to do a '60 Minutes' episode on saving ZDNet ;)

• @robertreynolds said:
    I don't think ZDNet can fix the mess it's created
    ZDNet has turned its site from a sleek, streamlined, easy-to-read destination into a ghastly horror show.

ZDNet knows ZDnet has deteriorated, but it plans to fix that.

Word has it that ZDNet is putting on hold some of it's articles in order to concentrate on trying to fix the problems that it's allowed to build up in the platform.

That sounds great and all, but I'm not convinced that ZDNet can fix the mess it has created.

Let's face it ZDNet is a mess. I've covered just some of my grievances with the platform, and my colleague Jason Perlow did a great job of highlighting how the platform was getting in the way of him even loading a page.

The platform is such a mess that ZDNet even showcased multiple autoplaying videos, ads, popups and webtrackers in an article it published on how unusable iOS is. And just to make matters worse, ZDNet never fixed the problems before posting the article slamming iOS.

As I see it, ZDNet is failing on four fronts:

Performance: I would go as far as to say that ZDNet performance is at its worst. The fact that there are multiple intrusive barriers to even getting the page to load properly on brand new hardware is a massive FAIL.

Stability: I'll be honest and say that ZDNet stability isn't the worst I've seen it, but for a content platform that talks about failures of other companies, that's not really a glowing recommendation.

Bugginess: The number of ways that ZDNet has dropped the ball on this front in the past few months is just unbelievable.

Usability: I remember when ZDNet cared about usability. ZDNet usability is now garbage.

Was it a bet to see how many times you could type ZDNet ?