Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mallets for Beathawk

Quite an impressive demo for their new soundpack Mallets

Comments

• Link? Or is it in the app?

• @richardyot said:
    Link? Or is it in the app?

Within app, new soundpack iap

• @Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:
    Link? Or is it in the app?

Within app, new soundpack iap

OK thanks, I'll have a listen.

• "Mallets for Beathawk" is the great unpublished John Irving novel.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    "Mallets for Beathawk" is the great unpublished John Irving novel.

What? I have a signed first edition on my bookshelf. They made a movie about it years ago. The best scene is when Beathawk comes of age and learns the true power of his mallet. Didn’t it win some sort of award?!

• @Arpseechord said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    "Mallets for Beathawk" is the great unpublished John Irving novel.

What? I have a signed first edition on my bookshelf. They made a movie about it years ago. The best scene is when Beathawk comes of age and learns the true power of his mallet. Didn’t it win some sort of award?!

hahaha

• My pipe dream right now is all of Beathawk’s ‘instruments’ inside BM3, ready to go... John Irving would have wanted that too, but of course he would have just ripped the instruments in BM3’s sampler instead of opining to the Audiobus forum members. That’s what I believe anyway. ;)

• @senhorlampada said:
    The link:

Thanks for posting

• edited April 2018

The beginning sounds like iPhone ringtone to me 😁

• @ZenLizard said:
    My pipe dream right now is all of Beathawk’s ‘instruments’ inside BM3, ready to go... John Irving would have wanted that too, but of course he would have just ripped the instruments in BM3’s sampler instead of opining to the Audiobus forum members. That’s what I believe anyway. ;)

Well, theoretically this would be quite easy if we could open Beathawk as an AUv3 in BM3, however it is a giant unusable mess at the moment. Which is a shame, because I'd go ahead and buy these mallets but I'm not sure I want to invest in BH if they can't make their AU work in BM3.

• @lukesleepwalker, it is a mess right now, especially if you dare start the transport. I’ve actually made a couple of banks of percussion and brass one shots sampled from BH and spiced up in BM3 that sound quite nice... so that can at least be done. Kinda tedious though.

...It’s legal, right? I did pay for the soundpacks in BH, I’m just not using them there.

• @ZenLizard I do exactly the same. Totally ruins the "ease" of the AUv3 workflow in BM3, which stinks. But, once I sample the sounds I never have to curse whoever is responsible for the horrible buggy AU experience. Has to be legal. I paid for these sounds...

• @Janosax said:
    The beginning sounds like iPhone ringtone to me 😁

omg I looked at my phone too

• Would anyone be so kind to showcase only the Vibraphone with a little solo and chord line?
    The UVI demo is a real mess and it's hard to tell if there's any Vibraphone contained at all.

Thank you very much!

• edited August 2019

@rs2000 BH vibes... listen at 2:10 for the solo line. Good vibe.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @rs2000 BH vibes... listen at 2:10 for the solo line. Good vibe.

Thank you! That helps heaps.

• The vibes are great. Vibraphone Arco has a nice ambient-ish feel. Vibraphone sustain is bread/butter straight up vibes. Vibraphone tremolo is shimmery and delicious.

• Update: After a few mails to UVI tech support this year, they have finally added dry versions of the vibraphone sounds that had been drenched in reverb before. They're much more versatile now 😃

Thank you very much UVI! 👍🏼

• And after another mail to the support, they increased the polyphony amount from 8 to reportedly 60 (also applied to the baroque pack).

• Baroque.

That's exactly how I'm feeling this morning after App Black Friday!

• @rs2000, @Paulo164, UVI is very responsive. Remember when we got them to create a slider for pedal noise on Ravenscroft? That was big. I assume you have to reload the mallets pack to get the update? Good work, my friends.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @rs2000, @Paulo164, UVI is very responsive. Remember when we got them to create a slider for pedal noise on Ravenscroft? That was big. I assume you have to reload the mallets pack to get the update? Good work, my friends.

Not sure, I did a fresh install anyway...

• edited November 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @rs2000, @Paulo164, UVI is very responsive. Remember when we got them to create a slider for pedal noise on Ravenscroft? That was big. I assume you have to reload the mallets pack to get the update? Good work, my

Yes, to update the pack, you have to remove it first then download it again.
    Regarding Ravenscroft, there is still the issue happening for negative values of « timbre » : notes between G5#-timbre and G5#-1 have a release time set to zero without any release sample, which cuts abruptly the sound.
    I am still waiting for an answer from UVI, hoping they will fix this. Don’t hesitate to contact them to encourage them to do the fix. But yes, UVI is listening to their customers feedback.

• @SNystrom said:
    Baroque.

That's exactly how I'm feeling this morning after App Black Friday!

😂

• @LinearLineman said:
    @rs2000, @Paulo164, UVI is very responsive. Remember when we got them to create a slider for pedal noise on Ravenscroft? That was big. I assume you have to reload the mallets pack to get the update? Good work, my friends.

Where is this slider for pedal noise? Is this on desktop?

• It’s ok I’ve just found it. Never noticed that before!