Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Noise gate for AUv3?

I have plenty of IAA apps that have noise gates, but I was wondering if there is one for AUv3.

Thanks,
chisel316

Comments

• I know Brusfri from Klevgränd can do that as an AUV3, it’s expensive but received very good reviews.

https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/brusfri/id1289165912?mt=8

• Thanks for the reply. I should have said that I'm looking for something to use live.

• Looks like this has one. I don’t have it though. Can anyone else verify it is a noise gate for live processing?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/limiter-audio-processor/id945375756?mt=8

• Hmm. I don't remember seeing a noise gate on that limiter. I used to use it on my master track in AUM until I got FAC Maxima.

• What I really miss is a proper downward expander which can be set like a noise gate if desired.

• In the pic you can clearly see it has a gate. The question is : Is it a noise gate or a rhythmic gate, or some other gate to hell gate?

The name of the preset or whatever at the top, and the LFO symbol near the gate make me think this is probably a rhythmic gate. But it could be a multi-function gate.

• Definitely not a noise gate. I turned it up all the way to 0dB and I still hear the audio. Thanks for pointing it out though. It would've been funny if it actually was a noise gate and had been under my nose the whole time.

• If you toggle off the dirt and resonance, you can leave Shaper as a very simple one:
    https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/shaper-smart-audio-destroyer/id1151339601?l=en&mt=8

Might not be what you had in mind, but worth a look imho.

• @tomato_juice said:
    If you toggle off the dirt and resonance, you can leave Shaper as a very simple one:
    https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/shaper-smart-audio-destroyer/id1151339601?l=en&mt=8

Might not be what you had in mind, but worth a look imho.

Thanks for the pointer to shaper, seems like another nice potential addition to my collection. How could this possibly pass under the radar? Can’t seem to remember any discussion about this one.

• Grind also has one built in.

• @soundshaper said:
    Grind also has one built in.

Is it an actual noise gate or just a threshold for determining when the effect kicks in?

• Lately I've read some interest for an AuV3 Noise Gate. #FacEnvolver is also a Noise Gate, here the preview

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Lately I've read some interest for an AuV3 Noise Gate. #FacEnvolver is also a Noise Gate, here the preview

Is it possible to side chain audio like I would for gated reverb? That’s honestly all I’m looking for. Something that can do this

• Doug did a video loong time ago doing gated reverbs with Cubasis.

• @Samu said:
    Doug did a video loong time ago doing gated reverbs with Cubasis.

Yeaaaa but that’s cubasis. I need something AU for BM3 and AUM with a side chain function. I’m sure we talked about this in a different thread yesterday. I’m just exploring my options. I don’t like Cubasis for creating music. It’s way to linear for me. The scenes mode in BM3 is kinda the only way I want to create now. I guess I’m spoiled

Lately I've read some interest for an AuV3 Noise Gate. #FacEnvolver is also a Noise Gate, here the preview

Looks nice, Fred. Thanks.

Peace \/
    chisel316

• @chisel316 said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

Looks nice, Fred. Thanks.

Peace \/
    chisel316

Thx! 🙏

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

Is it possible to side chain audio like I would for gated reverb? That’s honestly all I’m looking for. Something that can do this

Something equivalent to the video you posted. Impossible to resist, I had to add music to the tutorial :)

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

Something equivalent to the video you posted. Impossible to resist, I had to add music to the tutorial :)

Clever idea. Will definitely look into it

• Is FAC Evolver still the only AU gate available? I’m looking for a Gate to use in Auria.

• Busfrei is good. I bit CPU heavy but very effective. I use it live on electric guitar.
    Fabfilter Pro-G. Too rich for my blood, but probably super good.

• @ecou said:
    Is FAC Evolver still the only AU gate available? I’m looking for a Gate to use in Auria.

What exactly is what you call “gate”? You already have an excellent gate (expander) available in Auria Pro channel strip, in addition to Fabfilter Pro-G.
    There’s also Audio Expander by 4pockets (they have a Noise Gate too), Woodngate, and Channel Strip by Audio Damage which includes a gate.

• @Rodolfo said:

@ecou said:
    Is FAC Evolver still the only AU gate available? I’m looking for a Gate to use in Auria.

What exactly is what you call “gate”? You already have an excellent gate (expander) available in Auria Pro channel strip, in addition to Fabfilter Pro-G.
    There’s also Audio Expander by 4pockets (they have a Noise Gate too), Woodngate, and Channel Strip by Audio Damage which includes a gate.

Thank you Rodolfo. I’m new to Auria. I did not know a expander is a Gate 😃

I do not want to buy Auria IAP. Learned my lesson about buying DAW specific effect.

• @ecou said:

@Rodolfo said:

@ecou said:

Thank you Rodolfo. I’m new to Auria. I did not know a expander is a Gate 😃

I do not want to buy Auria IAP. Learned my lesson about buying DAW specific effect.

Well, an expander is not just a gate, but it is normally used as a gate with the right settings. The expander in Auria is really good, you can use it as a very effective gate without any problems.

• Just bought 4pockets Noise Gate, works extremely well with no added latency, perfect for live playing. It’s a true noise gate so signal will stay intact. I like Brusfri but there is latency and noise is removed from signal all the time, it’s not a true noise gate, sound is often too much altered to my taste.

• @Janosax said:
    Just bought 4pockets Noise Gate, works extremely well with no added latency, perfect for live playing. It’s a true noise gate so signal will stay intact. I like Brusfri but there is latency and noise is removed from signal all the time, it’s not a true noise gate, sound is often too much altered to my taste.

Brusfri is really good for cleaning up audio recordings. I don’t use it live because the cpu hit but it’ll clean up vocals I record in my bedroom with 6 fans running and my buzzy guitar really well

• Brusfri is not a noise gate.

A noise gate is a very different thing from a noise reduction/removal system. Gates are very low CPU and simply turn off signal when the signal level is low and opens when it is high.

Brusfri is a lovely noise removal system but not a noise gate.

• Developers shpuld really stop building noise gates when a downward expander can do the same but so much more, with only one more knob: The ratio.

• edited September 2019

@rs2000 4pockets also have an expanded. What’s the best between classic noise gate and expander for just removing mic hiss in silent parts? Less cpu intensive?

• @rs2000 said:
    Developers shpuld really stop building noise gates when a downward expander can do the same but so much more, with only one more knob: The ratio.

Both are useful tools. Gates use next to no CPU and in many cases are all you need. In those cases, I prefer a gate so the CPU is available for more critical tasks.

• @espiegel123 said:

@rs2000 said:
    Developers shpuld really stop building noise gates when a downward expander can do the same but so much more, with only one more knob: The ratio.

Both are useful tools. Gates use next to no CPU and in many cases are all you need. In those cases, I prefer a gate so the CPU is available for more critical tasks

Thanks for info