Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Medley has an update too.

13»

Comments

• @Geir said:
    Great! Thanks for your reply. As soon as you have the midi out feature in store I'll be buying it ;)

Me too, in case this is an IAP.

With proper MIDI In and Out, maybe Medly can be the Auxy replacement for me.

• @tja @Geir

Current plan is to release it as a premium feature (hopefully with a few more tools aimed for pros - which I can't talk about yet..). But other than MIDI IO, what other tools would you like to see in Medly (a digital keyboard perhaps)?

• @baldajan said:
    @tja @Geir

Current plan is to release it as a premium feature (hopefully with a few more tools aimed for pros - which I can't talk about yet..). But other than MIDI IO, what other tools would you like to see in Medly (a digital keyboard perhaps)?

Proper live MIDI In and Out and MIDI file Load and Save.
    And then, some way for song construction (Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge) to reuse patterns.

Then it is a perfect Auxy replacement for sketching songs.
    <3

And I would still buy additional sounds!

• @tja said:

@baldajan said:
    @tja @Geir

Proper live MIDI In and Out and MIDI file Load and Save.
    And then, some way for song construction (Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge) to reuse patterns.

Then it is a perfect Auxy replacement for sketching songs.
    <3

And I would still buy additional sounds!

Agreed.

• @tja @JohnnyGoodyear MIDI file out already exists. We're getting closer to supporting MIDI file in, but we need to better our section and column tools (where you can more easily merge and split sections).

Speaking of better column tools:

We were thinking of something along those lines; linked Columns (and a user library) should hopefully help with that. Along with being able to repeat columns/section, or skip a bar. :smile:

• @baldajan said:
    @tja @Geir

Makes sense, since it would be a premium feature indeed :)

Well, you asked for it: :smiley:
    If I could choose features I'd love midi tools like arp & delay. I bet there will be lots of AUv3 midi plugins coming soon (http://ruismaker.com/au-midi-plugins/), so supporting that would be awesome.
    Step automation in addition to vector automation. Nice if selectable between unipolar and bipolar view.
    Finer note precision (1/64 & 1/128) + disable note grid for microtiming.
    «Last step» in patterns to have pattern lengths other than whole bars.

I love playing "live" with scenes. So maybe a scene trigger screen, like a grid.

I would also still buy additional sounds. It would be great if it supported external audio interfaces so I could route the audio to separate mixer channels.

• @baldajan said:
    @tja @Geir

Yes a digital keyboard absolutely! Able to be restricted to different keys at least major,minor, or chromatic.

• @baldajan said:
    @tja @JohnnyGoodyear MIDI file out already exists. We're getting closer to supporting MIDI file in, but we need to better our section and column tools (where you can more easily merge and split sections).

Speaking of better column tools:

We were thinking of something along those lines; linked Columns (and a user library) should hopefully help with that. Along with being able to repeat columns/section, or skip a bar. :smile:

Thanks for the note. I know everyone's got their own priorities, for me some form of song mode, pattern-chaining, whatever it's called or however its accomplished is my Medley #1....

• @Geir - gonna try to answer each one:

If I could choose features I'd love midi tools like arp & delay.

Arp: possibly (not sure how we'd intro it atm).
    Delay: not sure what you're expecting. What would you change about the existing echo effect?

I bet there will be lots of AUv3 midi plugins coming soon (http://ruismaker.com/au-midi-plugins/), so supporting that would be awesome.

Yes, it would be. I can neither say we will or will not support AUv3

Step automation in addition to vector automation. Nice if selectable between unipolar and bipolar view.

We're going to be improving automation, introducing better snapping, gestures, and tooltips.

Finer note precision (1/64 & 1/128) + disable note grid for microtiming.

We'll be experimenting with different quantization options as we explore MIDI. But there are some technical limitations that exist. Likely, initially, MIDI file in will be quantized to the nearest supported grid size.

«Last step» in patterns to have pattern lengths other than whole bars.

This one is tricky... we're likely to continue adding better column and sections tools that still revolve around the bar, but what if it didn't revolve around a bar... hmm... I don't know how we'd do it nicely within Medly (not saying we won't, just that I don't know atm).

I love playing "live" with scenes. So maybe a scene trigger screen, like a grid.

We do have a "live" mode (the disk icon next to the play button). Is that what you mean, or how would you change it?

It would be great if it supported external audio interfaces so I could route the audio to separate mixer channels.

That one has some technical limitations because of our audio engine setup. Likely not going to happen this year.

• @db909

Yes a digital keyboard absolutely! Able to be restricted to different keys at least major,minor, or chromatic.

That's a great suggestion. Got it!

@JohnnyGoodyear

I know everyone's got their own priorities, for me some form of song mode, pattern-chaining, whatever it's called or however its accomplished is my Medley #1....

Kind of like Scenes I assume? That setup won't work for Medly, but hmm... would better tools to create linked sections and columns help? Where you can quickly layout sections/columns over your song? Or a better birds eye view/zoom out of the board? Just trying to get a feel of how we can improve the tools we currently have, rather than building new interfaces.