Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bismark bs-16i not really working as au3 - help

Bs-16i opening as au3 with Sf2-Files over 150mb are not working (for example in GarageBand)...anyone with same problem?...my device is iphoneX...if there is a solution please write...if not: please Bismark for update:-)...(such a great app)...

Comments

• Could be caused by AUv3 memory-limitations and the fact that BS-16i doesn't 'stream' the samples?
    BS-16i loads the entire SF2 file into ram.(I think keeping the SF2 file in Ram is needed to allow 128 notes of polyphony for starters). As far as I know Auria Pro can stream SFZ files from disk but that won't run on the iPhone X.

• You could always break the sound fonts down into smaller chunks.

• BTW. These are the original roms from all the EMU Proteous hardware modules in SF2 format. Half price at $99. A great deal in my opinion. The best and most versatile soundfonts I have. I have spent almost as much on BeatHawk packs and these are as good if not better in many cases. Given that bs-16i is now AU and the new 64 bit sound engine, this is a match made in heaven :smile:

https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/e-mu-proteus-pack

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    BTW. These are the original roms from all the EMU Proteous hardware modules in SF2 format. Half price at $99. A great deal in my opinion. The best and most versatile soundfonts I have. I have spent almost as much on BeatHawk packs and these are as good if not better in many cases. Given that bs-16i is now AU and the new 64 bit sound engine, this is a match made in heaven :smile:

https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/e-mu-proteus-pack

I've just got the 'freebie' from that site and was considering getting 'all' the classics...
    Worth to note is that the sound fonts on sale are not re-sampled, they are the original ROM-Dumps.

I even wondered why they have not made an iOS SoundFont player since they have a load of sound fonts on sale that would be suitable as IAPs :)

• Digital Sound Factory are supplying the sound fonts for Audio Evolution’s IAPs

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Digital Sound Factory are supplying the sound fonts for Audio Evolution’s IAPs

True but I think they keep the full Proteus 1-3 & E-Max packs at separate sales :)
    (Together with the Planet Phatt, Orbit and a few others).

Can the sound font IAPs purchased in Audio Evolution be 'exported' for use with say BS-16i?

• Yup. Easily found in iTunes in a folder called sound fonts..... presumably if you put one of your own sf2 in there it would show up in Audio Evolution.

• I have this issue and wrote the developer but did not get a response. When I loaded a soundfont that was too large it would permanently crash every AU instance I tried to load even after hard reset. The workaround I found was to load another AU in AB3, let it crash as well (says tap to fix as if it’s an IAA inst), then eject both, them reload the AU and hope it comes up blank so that I can select a smaller sf2. This could work in another app but I never tried. Don’t want to risk it, so I never load bs-16 anymore.

• I tried using this today, but found out the AUv3 also doesn't save the soundfont with a session, just loads the last one used so saving presets in AUM doesn't work and is useless.

Has anyone bought the sound engine upgrade and notice a big difference? will most probably buy that if they fix it.

Wrote to the dev, fingers crossed...

• There are other issues with BS-16i as well and it has to do with accessing the sounds contained in a sound-font file.
    Some sf2 files are 'configured' so certain sounds/presets to be accessed on Midi #10 so they are not even visible in the AUv3 but only in the BS-16i app when part/midi channel #10 is selected.

Using Polyphone to re-map the sounds taxes my patience just to be able to use them in the AUv3 instance of BS-16i...

• That’s not really a BS-16I issue though is it. Drums being on midi chan 10 is part of the GM spec I think.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    That’s not really a BS-16I issue though is it. Drums being on midi chan 10 is part of the GM spec I think.

I know. The soundfont-file that comes with the app maps drums only to #10 but those same drum-kits are also present within the regular programs so they can be accessed on any part.(The sound-font file is 'tweaked' for BS-16i).

Since the AUv3 is not multi-timbral(there's not even a way to select a midi-channel) it should by default be able to access all programs in a sound-font file. That's just my opinion not that it matters...

• @Carnbot said:
    I tried using this today, but found out the AUv3 also doesn't save the soundfont with a session, just loads the last one used so saving presets in AUM doesn't work and is useless.

Do you know if this has been fixed yet? I’m considering buying bs-16i to play SoundFonts in GarageBand, but if you have to reselect the SoundFont every time you open the project, that won’t work for me (buying this for my kid who wouldn’t have the patience for such nonsense).

• edited June 2018

@orand said:

@Carnbot said:
    I tried using this today, but found out the AUv3 also doesn't save the soundfont with a session, just loads the last one used so saving presets in AUM doesn't work and is useless.

Do you know if this has been fixed yet? I’m considering buying bs-16i to play SoundFonts in GarageBand, but if you have to reselect the SoundFont every time you open the project, that won’t work for me (buying this for my kid who wouldn’t have the patience for such nonsense).

It does that for me in AUM but I don't use garageband to see if it does the same there. No update since. I contacted the dev who said they were attempting to figure out how to do it but it was a difficult thing to achieve....

• @Carnbot said:

@orand said:

@Carnbot said:

It does that for me in AUM but I don't use garageband to see if it does the same there. No update since. I contacted the dev who said they were attempting to figure out how to do it but it was a difficult thing to achieve....

Thanks, good to know. So it’s not just a “bug”, it’s a fundamental design gap.

• Maybe BS16 should use disk streaming at some point?