Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zeeon: Using Midi CCs to control layers separately

Currently it isn't possible to assign different Midi CCs to the same parameter on different layers in Zeeon. E.g. CC 21 would control Osc1 Mix on layer 1, CC 22 would control Osc1 Mix on layer 2. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work.

Additionally you run into all kinds of problems because only the currently selected layer is receiving those messages – which means you can't control the original parameter anymore and you're starting to mess with the wrong one (especially when automating Zeeon).

Could you please investigate, @giku_beepstreet ? And ideally change the behaviour since it's not really useful at the moment? Thank you.

Comments

• edited April 2018

@whiteout said:
    Currently it isn't possible to assign different Midi CCs to the same parameter on different layers in Zeeon. E.g. CC 21 would control Osc1 Mix on layer 1, CC 22 would control Osc1 Mix on layer 2. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work.

Additionally you run into all kinds of problems because only the currently selected layer is receiving those messages – which means you can't control the original parameter anymore and you're starting to mess with the wrong one (especially when automating Zeeon).

Could you please investigate, @giku_beepstreet ? And ideally change the behaviour since it's not really useful at the moment? Thank you.

I'm having issues getting Midi Learn working for Layer 2 also.

Anybody found a decent workaround?

Edit: I've managed to midi learn a few parameters for Layer 2 and can hear that this is working, but the controls are not updated visually as they are in Layer 1.

• Away from my iPad for now, anybody know if layer mix is now available as a destination in the mod matrix?
    The workaround using two envelopes reversed on amplitude of each is useful but not ideal...

I am fairly sure I was able to midi learn the separate layers, possibly some parameters affect both?

• edited June 2018

@whiteout said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    I'm having issues getting Midi Learn working for Layer 2 also.

Anybody found a decent workaround?

@giku_beepstreet This is still an issue. In Beta too.

• Oh yeah, a fix for that would be epic!