Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist is live on the App Store

1789101113»

Comments

• @Max_Free said:
    Can I start/stop sampling over MIDI? Edit start/stop/loop points via CC? I need something to complement the Octatrack polyfonic. Cannot use touchscreen. But I also want multi-sampling, across the keys. Switch samplesets with Program change. Is BM3 capable? Or anything?

I thought I replied but I see it didn't got sent properly.
    No you can't start/stop via MIDI. You can only send midi notes and CCs for the sample parameters.
    You can divide a sample in slices and play them via pads. When you enable Chromatic mode, you can play each slice chromatically via the onscreen keyboard. However, you can use a MIDI Keyboard to trigger the slices (C3 = Slice1, C#3 = Slice 2, etc...)

Right now you can't swap samples via Program change. It wouldn't be hard to implement though. I'll add it to my Feature Wishlist.

• So guys, I've submitted last night a new update which focuses on performance improvements and crash fixes.
    Also it contains the new optimized waveform view. You can zoom up to 20x with super sharp vectorized waveform ;)

And here's a bonus: I've started working on the iPhone version.

• Great. Thanks!!! Can‘t wait to enjoy it on the IPhone!

• So it took me about 2 hours, but I got it running on my iPhone.
    Should be up & running by Monday :) I still have to tweak it because of the stupid iPhone X notch ;)
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/L5gntjle655gKdDx2

• @alecsbuga said:
    So it took me about 2 hours, but I got it running on my iPhone.
    Should be up & running by Monday :) I still have to tweak it because of the stupid iPhone X notch ;)
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/L5gntjle655gKdDx2

Your consistency and speed with delivering features is inspiring.

• Thanks and hopefully my consistency in delivering bugs will be excused :)
    It happens when you’re one guy doing this outside your daily job.

• I stopped following the thread after I found out that this app doesn't support iPhone (I use iphones exclusively). Rather than searching through 13 pages of likely irrelevant iPad-only material, could some kind soul tell me if the plans have changed and if iPhone support will be released in the future? @alecsbuga ? Anyone?

• @Audiojunkie said:
    I stopped following the thread after I found out that this app doesn't support iPhone (I use iphones exclusively). Rather than searching through 13 pages of likely irrelevant iPad-only material, could some kind soul tell me if the plans have changed and if iPhone support will be released in the future? @alecsbuga ? Anyone?

You just have to scroll up. Screenshots included.

• @alecsbuga said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    I stopped following the thread after I found out that this app doesn't support iPhone (I use iphones exclusively). Rather than searching through 13 pages of likely irrelevant iPad-only material, could some kind soul tell me if the plans have changed and if iPhone support will be released in the future? @alecsbuga ? Anyone?

Will it be backwards compatible to 32bit? Running an iPhone 5 here.

• iOS 10+
    Not sure about the 32/64 bits. XCode does that automatically. I believe it’s 64 only since Apple is ditching support for older architectures.

@aaronpc said:

@alecsbuga said:

@Audiojunkie said:

• @Audiojunkie said:

Haha

• @alecsbuga said:
    iOS 10+
    Not sure about the 32/64 bits. XCode does that automatically. I believe it’s 64 only since Apple is ditching support for older architectures.

@aaronpc said:

@alecsbuga said:

@Audiojunkie said:

Not sure how this stuff works, really. The recently released Tardigrain was able to load, so I don't know if he jumped through additional hoops to make that happen or what. Maybe his code didn't address 64bit-exclusive capabilities, so it was able to squeak by. There are only a small number of apps that have ceased updating.

I guess we'll just have to see. thx anyway.

• Samplist 1.3.6 with iPhone support is uploading as we speak. Hopefully it will be live by tomorrow.
    It took me less than I anticipated but THAT IPHONE X NOTCH is a real mood breaker! I managed to "embrace" it as Apple says :)

• I hope you didn't squeeze it to death doing so ;)

• freakin awesome. i can’t wait!

• @alecsbuga said:
    Samplist 1.3.6 with iPhone support is uploading as we speak. Hopefully it will be live by tomorrow.
    It took me less than I anticipated but THAT IPHONE X NOTCH is a real mood breaker! I managed to "embrace" it as Apple says :)

😎😎😎

• The new update is currently under review. It should be up in one hour so

• @alecsbuga said:
    The new update is currently under review. It should be up in one hour so

Hah.. so confident. Obviously you’ve never been hurt by an App Store reviewer before :D

• Oh I’ve had my share. With Laterpost. My instagram scheduler. It was subscription based initially :)

• I’m struggling with slicing a file of drum hits in Samplist. It’s difficult to see all the hits, only 3 of the 12 or so are obvious.

This is how the file looks in Audioshare and then Samplist. I normalised the file in Audioshare after having this same issue with the original file, but it didn’t improve things.

Would be happy to hear suggestions. Cheers.

• So, is there a better app than Samplist for slicing hits into one zip file?

• Not read all this thread but Reslice by Virsyn can do this.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    So, is there a better app than Samplist for slicing hits into one zip file?

ReSlice can. The apps have different vibes. Samplist has real-time time-stretching and ReSlice doesn't. I find ReSlice quicker for editing slices than Samplist. ReSlice has a fascinating arpeggiator (think Fugue Machine) which is great.

• Is this ever going to be an Audio Unit? That’s the only reason I haven’t bought it yet. I have ReSlice, AudioLayer and just bought Chameleon, which I’m really liking thus far. I wouldn’t mind adding this to my sampling tools but I know myself and I know I wouldn’t really use it much unless it was an AU. Looks really cool though.