Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kosmonaut - Space Explorer | Finally LIVE!

124»

Comments

• I added some minor polish to the standalone:

• a mute switch, so you won’t blow up your ears with feedback if you mistakenly start up the standalone app instead of the AUv3
    • State saving for Audiobus
  • @brambos said:
    I added some minor polish to the standalone:

• a mute switch, so you won’t blow up your ears with feedback if you mistakenly start up the standalone app instead of the AUv3

I was about to ask, in a pessimistic tone, whether there was a sync feature as I didn't see a dial on the face. Then I went to your site and saw this:

"Tempo is automatically synchronized with the host tempo. No MIDI Clock or Ableton Link required (it’s right built into the AU)."

Awesome, just awesome.

• @futureaztec said:

@brambos said:
    I added some minor polish to the standalone:

I was about to ask, in a pessimistic tone, whether there was a sync feature as I didn't see a dial on the face. Then I went to your site and saw this:

"Tempo is automatically synchronized with the host tempo. No MIDI Clock or Ableton Link required (it’s right built into the AU)."

Awesome, just awesome.

Yeah.. it’s one of those Audio Unit perks. Syncing is automagically managed between plugin and host.

• @brambos are there plans to add MIDI in support for the all the knobs ? I find fiddling the controls just so slightly for the perfect time is cumbersome and would like to map them to external controller. Also any plans for dry mix or fades per delay

• @thepinkelefant said:
    @brambos are there plans to add MIDI in support for the all the knobs ?

It supports AU automation of all the knobs, which can then be mapped to MIDI via a host such as AUM.

• @orand said:

@thepinkelefant said:
    @brambos are there plans to add MIDI in support for the all the knobs ?

It supports AU automation of all the knobs, which can then be mapped to MIDI via a host such as AUM.

Took me a while to really grasp the power of this. Mapping “sound on sound” to a MIDI controller (including in Rozeta) allows for pretty neat effects, especially since it allows us to toggle the looper on or off.
    Would actually prefer it if it were a separate control, but it’s all good.

There’s a lot to be said about what AU support enables on iOS. Not sure most people really “get” it. But “AUv3tomation” (as @Samu calls it) sure makes for interesting workflows.

Not quite sure how to do this in AB3, though. Maybe it’s obvious but where’s the equivalent of the AUM “MIDI Control” menu?