Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The end of desktop DAWS?

Excellent video.. This guy is clear and precise ..

Comments

• @Telstar5
    Would you mind summarizing the essence of this 1-hour video?
    Thanks ;)

• I haven't seen the video, but considering the multitude of different music-making approaches and workflows out there today I would be rather hesitant to predict the end of anything music related any time soon :)

• Thanks for sharing this :)

• @rs2000.. He’s saying that DAWS and old paradigms are on its last legs but then after this he did an extended praising video of Reason 10. The reason I posted this is that he juxtaposed the idea w other media platforms in a super intelligent way. Not exactly the SOS we’re users to seeing, this Guy is really smart and insightful.

• @brambos. I agree but he presented a by now mundane subject in a fresh and interesting way. Good video for when on the treadmill.

• Yeah that's a trend on YouTube, posting the title of your vid as a question that actually doesn't get answered. I guess if your content is good and you need a way to keep viewers interested it's fair game.

As an iOS purist I'd have to say life does go on without the desktop DAW but also that there's no competition against a program like Live, Logic, Cubase or Machine and all the VSTs.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @rs2000.. He’s saying that DAWS and old paradigms are on its last legs but then after this he did an extended praising video of Reason 10. The reason I posted this is that he juxtaposed the idea w other media platforms in a super intelligent way. Not exactly the SOS we’re users to seeing, this Guy is really smart and insightful.

Thank you!
    And, well, I've watched numerous DAW wars in the past, and my only conclusion is that everybody has her or his own way of working.
    For example, I was a long time Cubase fan, then Reason attracted me with its instruments and effects (and would be my go-to DAW if I only had to compare by specs, demos and screen shots), but when I have to get a job done in time, I'm returning to Ableton again and again because it supports my own specific workflow the best and does not "get in my way" when I know exactly what I would like to do.

The only way to find your best DAW, be it a high-end desktop program or an iOS app or even a hardware sequencer or workstation, is to try for yourself.

• Tinfoil.

“The apps are phoning home”, then disconnect for the internet brah. Turn off your wifi router.

“They’re conditioning us” , no they’re conditioning you. Stop chasing the dragon with every new fad that comes out. On top of using iOS, I’m using hardware too. Same shit I’ve been using since the late 80’s. I could burn my ipad and computer tomorrow and be perfectly fine. Get off the hamster wheel.

Less philosophy, more beats

IMO