Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: WebCassette by Klevgrand

From Klevgrand:
"We're constantly exploring new areas, trying out new technologies and concepts. Sometimes, even useful stuff comes out. WebCassette is an online cassette deck emulation, and we're proud as peacocks over the result. Use the Eject button to load your own audio track!"

I really Really hope this becomes available as an AU/App and if you feel the same please let the wonderful Klevgrand team know!

Comments

• We need this on the IOS platform PRONTO
    I seriously doubt that i will upload tracks to it
    LOOKS COOL

• Ok - this is WAYYY too much fun.

• Yeah, this is fantastic. Just put a soft drone from Cove (via AudioShare) into WebCassette et voilà, instant Boards Of Canada-y deliciousness. Would make a great AU.

• I’d be shocked if they didn’t AU the heck out of this in the next couple months.

• @theartwebreathe posted this in another thread:

I just got a response from Klevgrand on Twitter that an iOS AUv3 of this is planned! (no idea about timeframe though)

• @brice said:
    @theartwebreathe posted this in another thread:

I just got a response from Klevgrand on Twitter that an iOS AUv3 of this is planned! (no idea about timeframe though)

I too got a reply on Facebook which said similar. Can’t f-ing wait! :smiley:

• Jesus. It sounds amazing. And +1 to it being very fun to use.
    The motor quality knob is really interesting. I haven’t done much comparing but I’m already liking it more than lo fly dirt even tho it’s different.
    This makes “clinical” sounding tracks sound pretty good. I can’t wait to put a guitar through this.
    Can you not export?

• Yeah the Lo Fly plug didn’t do much for me after the initial ‘This is kinda neat’.

I haven’t heard the Klevgr yet as I have no desktop. Is there a way or another browser to get it to work on iPad? Don’t care about uploading, I just want sound. Pressing the playhead starts the counter but no dice.

• Love to see this as an AU!

• I just put a demo up for anyone who is interested, personally, I think this would be great as an AU

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yeah the Lo Fly plug didn’t do much for me after the initial ‘This is kinda neat’.

I haven’t heard the Klevgr yet as I have no desktop. Is there a way or another browser to get it to work on iPad? Don’t care about uploading, I just want sound. Pressing the playhead starts the counter but no dice.

Yeah same here.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I just put a demo up for anyone who is interested, personally, I think this would be great as an AU

Thanks, Doug! These dudes definitely have a hit on their hands with this. No way this won’t be ported. Smart to start with the website, though, that’s some good marketing.

After being underwhelmed with their foray into the compact mini-synths for a while there, these guys have really stepped up their game starting with Brusfri.

• edited March 2018

The more I think about it, the more and more I really REALLY want this player ”as is” as an AU plugin. Not only as an AU effect but also as a player whose output I can save. I tested a fair few of my tracks, and it literally warms everything up perfectly. It reminds me of the days I used to record my stuff onto a demo cassette (2002). It has that “added analogue magic” effect I’ve never heard done to such perfection before (outside of, y’know, actually transferring the ruddy recording to magnetic cassettes and rerecording it back into your DAW of choice). I’d pay Klevgrand at least f-ing 30 for the iOS version. I may even buy the PC version despite not producing on a PC anymore.

@sundhage If you read this, tell your mates at Klevgrand to build the iOS and PC/Mac versions immediately. In a niche market full of half-arsed attempts at a proper analogue tape emulation, you folks nailed it. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The more I think about it, the more and more I really REALLY want this player ”as is” as an AU plugin. Not only as an AU effect but also as a player whose output I can save. I tested a fair few of my tracks, and it literally warms everything up perfectly. It reminds me of the days I used to record my stuff onto a demo cassette (2002). It has that “added analogue magic” effect I’ve never heard done to such perfection before (outside of, y’know, actually transferring the ruddy recording to magnetic cassettes and rerecording it back into your DAW of choice). I’d pay Klevgrand at least f-ing 30 for the iOS version. I may even buy the PC version despite not producing on a PC anymore.

@sundhage If you read this, tell your mates at Klevgrand to build the iOS and PC/Mac versions immediately. In a niche market full of half-arsed attempts at a proper analogue tape emulation, you folks nailed it. :)

I absolutely agree 100%, it does sound very very realistic and is a beautiful thing

• I’m sure it will come to iOS/AU...I just hate the inevitable wait for it

• This is great and it works in Safari on iPad. Look forward to AU :)

• Is there a way to save the effected track's output from the web page? (Other than recording the soundcard output with Audacity?)

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Is there a way to save the effected track's output from the web page? (Other than recording the soundcard output with Audacity?)

I use Audio Hyjack on Mac. It's not free, but very useful.

• Hope this comes to iOS, I wonder would I warm up the track before or after mastering in Grand Finale. I’m officially on the Klevgrand train

• @realdavidai said:
    I’m sure it will come to iOS/AU...I just hate the inevitable wait for it

Exactly my point, lol. I don’t want to wait for this one. I’m so excited! :)

• Is there an app that allows us to save a streaming output? Of course legally if it’s your Wav File processed?

• edited March 2018

@Carnbot said:
    This is great and it works in Safari on iPad. Look forward to AU :)

Seriously? All the buttons and knobs work, the play counter starts, but I get no sound from their default track or my own. Any setting you know of that may resolve this?

Edit: The VU meter shows it is playing and peaking and then falls when the track is over. I can’t figure out why I have no audio.

• Weird..it works on my phone. Would appreciate anyone who might be able to troubleshoot the problem on iPad.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Carnbot said:
    This is great and it works in Safari on iPad. Look forward to AU :)

Seriously? All the buttons and knobs work, the play counter starts, but I get no sound from their default track or my own. Any setting you know of that may resolve this?

Edit: The VU meter shows it is playing and peaking and then falls when the track is over. I can’t figure out why I have no audio.

That's odd, works great for me, 12.9 pro 17 ios 11.2.1
    And I can load my own samples etc

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yeah the Lo Fly plug didn’t do much for me after the initial ‘This is kinda neat’.

Yes. I questioned that the effect I bought it for apparently could not be assigned to a single track, and they seemed to think this was fine and dandy.

• edited March 2018

This is way better than I expected. Would be really cool to see an AU!

• edited March 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@oat_phipps said:

Yes. I questioned that the effect I bought it for apparently could not be assigned to a single track, and they seemed to think this was fine and dandy.

Yeah the guy’s responses on the forum were tone deaf. Total sweep it under the rug kind of thing. To be completely honest and un-PC, it’s a piece of shit software. There is no subtle sweet spot to be found between dry (and hell, you can’t even get a dry signal with the effect knob at zero) and crap. Then there’s the vinyl thing that replaced the best mode that sounded like total crap.

• If you have a Mac, a convenient way to record it is to use your phone with webcasette: plug your iPhone in and chose iPhone as the input on a QuickTime audio recording.

• Man, I shoulda read the lo-fly dirt forum entries here before I bought it. Despite what some of you are saying and have said, the app has good reviews (more and better than some absolute staples). I mean, it costs more than Kosmonaut. Mixed feedback I guess.
    I got a refund (I think).

• @SealTeamSick said:
    If you have a Mac, a convenient way to record it is to use your phone with webcasette: plug your iPhone in and chose iPhone as the input on a QuickTime audio recording.

NEVERMIND! This does not work. Kinda impressive actually, how they managed to block this. It doesn’t play through internal speakers on iPhone either. Interesting. Well, just have to wait. Or you’d have to use something like Audio Hijack (rogue amoeba) on Mac.