Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist is live on the App Store

Comments

• @alecsbuga said:

@fattigman said:
    How is samplist different from the sampler in bm3? Thanks

Well, it aims to do the same things, but in a simpler interface focused only on chopping / performing. It started actually as an emulation to Ableton Simpler. So think of that.

I own BM3 too, but most of the time I just want to experiment with different stuff so I find Samplist way easier than loading up BM3, New project, etc etc..

Also the goal of Samplist is to become an AUv3 so you can use it as a sampler module for your other apps. But it's a hard road to get there.

We're on the side of the road cheering etc!

• @alecsbuga said:

@fattigman said:

Well, it aims to do the same things, but in a simpler interface focused only on chopping / performing. It started actually as an emulation to Ableton Simpler. So think of that.

I own BM3 too, but most of the time I just want to experiment with different stuff so I find Samplist way easier than loading up BM3, New project, etc etc..

Also the goal of Samplist is to become an AUv3 so you can use it as a sampler module for your other apps. But it's a hard road to get there.

Samplist is great as a source of weird sample cut-ups sequenced by BM3. I like the simple and direct approach to creating a new sound source out of random samples.

• @alecsbuga thank you for your answer

• @anickt said:

@alecsbuga said:

@fattigman said:

Samplist is great as a source of weird sample cut-ups sequenced by BM3. I like the simple and direct approach to creating a new sound source out of random samples.

You'll be able to send CCs from BM3 with the next update ;)
    So although it's not AUv3 YET, you'll be able to sample it back to BM3 or Cubasis or whatever you're using.

I'll make a new video showing off the new features: Tempo, MIDI, etc.

• encenc
    edited March 2018

@alecsbuga said:

So although it's not AUv3 YET, you'll be able to sample it back to BM3 or Cubasis or whatever you're using.

B) B)

• @alecsbuga cool, looking forward to see the new features. I saw your interview with audiokit, very interesting. I'm impressed with how you manage to code samplist in such short amount of time.

• @alecsbuga said:

@anickt said:

@alecsbuga said:

@fattigman said:

Awesome!

• Hello Alecs, would like to use your App but only have IPhone. Do you have an idea, when you will launch on IPhone? As there is no BM3 yet, you would be number one for serious sampling! Go for it! Thanks!!!

• @rockodil said:
    Hello Alecs, would like to use your App but only have IPhone. Do you have an idea, when you will launch on IPhone? As there is no BM3 yet, you would be number one for serious sampling! Go for it! Thanks!!!

Working on it ;)
    Can't give an ETA yet.
    I'm rethinking the ui a bit since you can't fit ALL on a small screen.

• PS: The update is in review for about 40 minutes. It should pass in 10-20 min or so, and they probably in a couple of hours it will be live!

Have fun with it. I sure did with BM3 sending MIDI to Samplist :D

• Loading update now!

• I can see this app becoming such great things. It has so much potential @alecsbuga... keep up the fab work mate. ;)

• @alecsbuga at some point it might be good to have Samplist be an IAA instrument. Currently it doesn’t receive Rozeta LFO CC MIDI unless it’s routed through another app (e.g. MidiFire) in AUM.

• wish there was a propellerheads recycle equivalent on iOS.

• @crifytosp said:
    wish there was a propellerheads recycle equivalent on iOS.

Is ReSlice any good for this? I haven’t used recycle for years so can’t remember how it worked.

• “Automate a sampled groove to fit the tempo of your song
    Adjust the tempo of a groove to the tempo in your sequencer automatically and without changing pitch
    Change the pitch of a groove or its individual elements without altering tempo
    Remove and/or replace sounds inside the sampled groove without altering its feel
    Send different sounds in the groove to different sampler outputs for individual processing
    Change the timing of the groove - even quantize it - in your sequencer
    Use the feel of the groove to quantize other MIDI recordings
    Make pitched grooves like guitar riffs fit songs in keys other than the recorded one
    Transpose as you're playing the MIDI sequence back without affecting tempo
    Automatically isolate and extract individual sounds out of long samples“

Also there’s REX file format.

• @crifytosp said:
    “Automate a sampled groove to fit the tempo of your song
    Adjust the tempo of a groove to the tempo in your sequencer automatically and without changing pitch
    Change the pitch of a groove or its individual elements without altering tempo
    Remove and/or replace sounds inside the sampled groove without altering its feel
    Send different sounds in the groove to different sampler outputs for individual processing
    Change the timing of the groove - even quantize it - in your sequencer
    Use the feel of the groove to quantize other MIDI recordings
    Make pitched grooves like guitar riffs fit songs in keys other than the recorded one
    Transpose as you're playing the MIDI sequence back without affecting tempo
    Automatically isolate and extract individual sounds out of long samples“

Also there’s REX file format.

You can do some of that in Samplist :)
    Of course it doesn't even compare to ReCycle.

• edited March 2018

Updating now, cheers!

@alecsbuga

PS. Any chance we can get Bluetooth headphones to work with the app?

I use Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones for commuting, which is a perfect time to use the app cutting up samples for later use.

Currently Audio comes out of the iPad when using Bluetooth headphones with Samplist and the other peeps on the train don’t appreciate it! :)

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Updating now, cheers!

@alecsbuga

I use Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones for commuting, which is a perfect time to use the app cutting up samples for later use.

Currently Audio comes out of the iPad when using Bluetooth headphones with Samplist and the other peeps on the train don’t appreciate it! :)

Haven't tested. Thanks. I will update it, but as you know, BT adds latency. But it's good for slicing your samples on the go and messing with them later.

• @alecsbuga said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Updating now, cheers!

@alecsbuga

Haven't tested. Thanks. I will update it, but as you know, BT adds latency. But it's good for slicing your samples on the go and messing with them later.

Cheers. Yeah BT is just for the commute. Love my DT 990 Pros for the ‘proper stuff’. :)

• @crifytosp said:
    wish there was a propellerheads recycle equivalent on iOS.

If only Reslice had some more options instead of using the sequencer for everything, it could be a nice replacement for recycle. Instant buy when Samplist goes AU.

• @alecsbuga
    1.Can I sample into Samplist using external USB soundcard and Apple Connection Kit?
    2.Will you be adding the option to choose mono left or mono right of a stereo sample?
    3.Any plans to add a Decimate/Bit Crush effect?
    4.Swing Groove&Quantize options?
    5.How many bars for sequencing 4/8/16 etc
    I'am downloading this excellent app as we speak
    :-)

• @alecsbuga Forgot to ask what's the maximum sample time allowed for sample import and sample recording via usb soundcard?

• @stormbeats said:
    @alecsbuga
    1.Can I sample into Samplist using external USB soundcard and Apple Connection Kit?

Yes it should. But Honestly I forgot to test. I will test tonight with my guitar. By default iOS gets the first available input. Not sure how it works with multiple input sound cards.

2.Will you be adding the option to choose mono left or mono right of a stereo sample?

Nobody asked for that. But Samplist is more of a sample slicer not editor. I believe AudioShare does that? Not sure.

I have a plan to add a reverb & delay, because they're included in the standard Apple Audio Engine. They have a distortion too, not sure about the bitcrusher. I agree it would sound nice with the filter but you can hook it to AudioBus and put whatever effect you want on it :)

Samplist doesn't have a sequencer YET. I've played around in code with one and I will definitely add it. And swing will definitely be an option.

Check previous reply :P

Thank you very much!

• edited March 2018

@alecsbuga said:

@stormbeats said:
    @alecsbuga

Yes it should. But Honestly I forgot to test. I will test tonight with my guitar. By default iOS gets the first available input. Not sure how it works with multiple input sound cards.

Nobody asked for that. But Samplist is more of a sample slicer not editor. I believe AudioShare does that? Not sure.

I have a plan to add a reverb & delay, because they're included in the standard Apple Audio Engine. They have a distortion too, not sure about the bitcrusher. I agree it would sound nice with the filter but you can hook it to AudioBus and put whatever effect you want on it :)

Samplist doesn't have a sequencer YET. I've played around in code with one and I will definitely add it. And swing will definitely be an option.

Check previous reply :P

Thank you very much!

@alecsbuga ok cool thanks for info -

• @alexbuga any chance of having this on iphone soon? I keep picking up my phone to write something, and get bummed everytime I remember it’s only on my ipad. i hope it’s possible be cause it would be awesome! keep up the great work.

• So I've been busy the pasts two nights.
    I've rewrote the component that I used to render the wave on screen.
    Now the waveform is vectorised and you can zoom 20x instead of the current 8x.

Here's a demo
    http://g.recordit.co/0ocOxlYdNP.gif

• @alecsbuga said:
    So I've been busy the pasts two nights.
    I've rewrote the component that I used to render the wave on screen.
    Now the waveform is vectorised and you can zoom 20x instead of the current 8x.

Here's a demo
    http://g.recordit.co/0ocOxlYdNP.gif

Looks fantastic.

• Really does look great!

• Can I start/stop sampling over MIDI? Edit start/stop/loop points via CC? I need something to complement the Octatrack polyfonic. Cannot use touchscreen. But I also want multi-sampling, across the keys. Switch samplesets with Program change. Is BM3 capable? Or anything?