Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg iMono/Poly updated with MIDI learn!

Yay! Thank you for adding some pressure @SpookyZoo
Now let's have some sync options ...

Comments

• Excellent!

• Smashing news. Much as I love me some MIDI learn, sync is the main want for me. The ARP (+variable oscs) is the best part!

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Yay! Thank you for adding some pressure @SpookyZoo
    Now let's have some sync options ...

Awesome news! Sync next? ;)

• Holy Monopoly! ... Program Change too!!!

I'm in heaven. :)

• edited September 2017

I've been listening to synth band S U R V I V E a lot the past year, their albums and the Stranger Things soundtrack. The sounds of the mono/poly are so familiar to me now through those.

Cool 30 minute live gig by them at Moogfest..

• How weird that I was just noticing yesterday that it was not there. it was the first I had gotten around to attempting to map my controller to it. That was one short wait for a problem fix for me at least.

• Just watching the video above and Noticed I am using the Oxygen 49 version of Dougs controller. Must be my lucky day! Maybe I should place a wager on something.

• you're lucky.... me... not so much :D

• So has anyone deciphered the MSB LSB stuff for program changes? I fiddled a while but couldnt nail them down.

• edited September 2017

@MikeyP said:
    So has anyone deciphered the MSB LSB stuff for program changes? I fiddled a while but couldnt nail them down.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/6-what-msb-lsb-refer-for-changing-banks-andprograms/
    This may be useful as it is written based on Korg stuff, from this it looks like the MSB/LSB is relevent to Bank Change

or if patch numbers go from 1 to 128, send 0 in MSB and 0-127 in LSB where 0 = patch 1

If not and patch numbers go over 128 then try this
    MSB = your patch number and divide by 128.....
    LSB = the remainder

example for patch 145

145/128 = 1 with 17 remaining..so MSB = 1, LSB = 17

Where did you get the MSB/LSB requirement from ? i cannot find a MIDI Implementation chart for iMonoPoly

• I'll be damned: that worked.

Factory A MSB:000 / LSB:000

• The latest tweet from the Korg App Team is interesting!
    "【Notice】 Korg App Team will exhibit in M3-2017 fall! There might be something special on that day ...? ! We are waiting at the booth!"

The fair begins this Sunday the 29th :)

• I'm paying attention :p

• I ain't lost, i know this is an iOS forum, but dang, i wish korg would hurry up and port the Montpelier gadget to the OSX version already...

• edited October 2017

@Samu said:
    The latest tweet from the Korg App Team is interesting!
    "【Notice】 Korg App Team will exhibit in M3-2017 fall! There might be something special on that day ...? ! We are waiting at the booth!"

The fair begins this Sunday the 29th :)

I am thinking this is a major hardware announcement, it's talked about by someone from Korg on this recent podcast episode
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/korg-microkast-podcast/id1137723966?mt=2&i=1000392556711

It begins with a P and is something new and/or unexpected and will be announced soon is a brief summary

Edit: I didn't see that announcement was from the app team, might be something new for us!

• Interesting. Roll on tomorrow. Or is Monday tomorrow in the US? I mean in the UK. Or something.

• edited October 2017

So it's Korg Gadget on Nintendo Switch... at least that's one new thing anyway
    Not of interest to me but might be to some. :)

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2017/10/korg-gadget-synthesizer-workstation-will-come-to-the-nintendo-switch-in-2018.html

• meh... another platform they need to maintain.
    While the iOS version still suffers from the cpu/battery drain on my iPad & iPhone.
    Guess they are looking for a new audience to sell to.

• @R_2 said:
    meh... another platform they need to maintain.
    While the iOS version still suffers from the cpu/battery drain on my iPad & iPhone.

The battery drains faster than it charges... wasn't always that way.

• @R_2 said:
    meh... another platform they need to maintain.

I encourage you and everyone to report these issues using this form. :)

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to add something about the lack of custom track renaming too, and be polite.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I encourage you and everyone to report these issues using this form. :)

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to add something about the lack of custom track renaming too, and be polite.

Already did in April... and sent them 6 updates since.
    They keep saying they can’t really reproduce it but are investigating the cause :|

• Still can't figure out how to use midi pc to select user presets (as opposed to the factory ones)

• edited March 2018

@MikeyP said:
    Still can't figure out how to use midi pc to select user presets (as opposed to the factory ones)

It doesn’t seem possible to PC on Factory bank 2 either. I’m going to try and contact Korg about it.

Another strange issue. If CC#40 hasn’t already been assigned to a parameter it appears to control Portamento which has already been assigned to CC#5.

Can anybody confirm this before I write to Korg? Cheers.

• edited March 2018

Another INSANE bug, is that I’m unable to assign CCs over #95 to controls in the standalone iMono/Poly app.

However, the Montpellier Gadget version by default has CCs above CC#102.

This means I can’t use the same template/set up on my midi controller for both apps.

Crazily frustrating.

Must be a bug. So, 3 things and counting for my list to Korg.

Anybody wanna add something to the list?