Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Secrets of the Hammond Organ feat. Galileo by Yonac - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

Here are some tricks I've learned over the years to help sell your Hammond Organ playing and parts and make you sound more like an organist.

Hope you guys and gals dig it!

Comments

• Very informative video!
    Thanks a lot!!

• @dvlmusic said:
    Here are some tricks I've learned over the years to help sell your Hammond Organ playing and parts and make you sound more like an organist.

Hope you guys and gals dig it!

Damn man!! that was an excellent video. I love this app, and always pretty much just stuck to presets. It’s great to finally know how this thing actually works. keep making videos, you do a great job.

• edited March 2018

Thanks a ton, @eross - I'm so glad you got something out of it!

• Great video! Gave me some inspiration to jam out tonight.

• I used to play Hammonds, it’s what I learnt on, so I feel right at home with Galileo. I think they did a brilliant job with it, and thanks for the overview.

One point about the drawbars, the white ones are the octave harmonics, and they tend to give a pure, clean, almost fluty sound. The black ones are the harmonics for fifths and thirds and tend to add more interest and texture to the sound. And the bottom 2 brown ones are intended as a sort of sub-oscilator to add more depth. As you say, just using the bottom three or four drawbars is a very popular sound. And a lot of people, myself included, like some distortion on the sound, ranging from a subtle overdrive through to Jon Lord!

• Excellent! Esp luv-ed the Doug Woods tribute. Yeah, watch a B3 player and you’ll see extensive volume pedal all over the place. Also, yes, I like C3 and always avoid the vibrato sound (V1, V2, V3).

As something to share... Here’s my Galileo settings that for John Lord’s “Child In Time” sound, or as close as I could get with Galileo.

• Great video @dvlmusic

A little clarification, when the Leslie is on brake the sound is still coming out of the Leslie horn. That is very different from having no Leslie. Jon Lord on Machine head had a Hammond going straight thru a Marshall app. Not Lesllie at all.

Later is his career he became known for having the Leslie and the. Marshall in parallel.

• edited March 2018

@ecou said:
    Great video @dvlmusic

A little clarification, when the Leslie is on brake the sound is still coming out of the Leslie horn. That is very different from having no Leslie. Jon Lord on Machine head had a Hammond going straight thru a Marshall app. Not Lesllie at all.

Later is his career he became known for having the Leslie and the. Marshall in parallel.

That's correct - the break simply stops the rotation of the horn and the drum, it doesn't actually turn off the speaker. I said at one point that it turns off the spinning but sorry if I caused confusion!

• edited March 2018

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Excellent! Esp luv-ed the Doug Woods tribute. Yeah, watch a B3 player and you’ll see extensive volume pedal all over the place. Also, yes, I like C3 and always avoid the vibrato sound (V1, V2, V3).

As something to share... Here’s my Galileo settings that for John Lord’s “Child In Time” sound, or as close as I could get with Galileo.

I spent some time setting up patches based on some organists I dig too: Chester Thompson, Jimmy Smith, Groove Holmes and probably a few more I can't think of. I have an old friend who fed my love of all things keyboard and his was the first real Hammond I ever got to play. There's nothing like sitting behind a real one when the Leslie is screamin' and the gears inside are turnin' and the thing is vibratin'... It's such a fantastic and unique feeling. You have to use all four limbs and it feels like you're driving a car on stage. Nothing but respect for the greats who can play bass, comp and solo all at the same time!

• BenBen
    edited March 2018

I would watch our keyboard player sliding those draw bars around frantically and I remember thinking just what the hell is he really accomplishing?
    So thanks for the clarity.
    He had a C3 and when it came time to move that Leslie everybody would conviently disappear like Houdini.
    Great video. Thanks for that.

@Lady_App_titude. That sounds stellar.

• @Ben said:
    I would watch our keyboard player sliding those draw bars around frantically and I remember thinking just what the hell is he really accomplishing?
    He had a C3 and when it came time to move that Leslie everybody would conviently disappear like Houdini.

I helped a buddy move his Hammond out of a basement.

NEVER AGAIN.

• edited March 2018

@dvlmusic said:

@Ben said:

I helped a buddy move his Hammond out of a basement.

NEVER AGAIN.

Ha! I once ran across a Leslie cab sitting on the curb for FREE. I paused for a moment and marveled at, and then just left it there, staring back at me like some big wooden Easter Island monument.

BTW, just noticed the chorus setting is wrong on the Child In Time screen shot I posted. Should be C1 (not C3). (Wish there was a way to just share the patch easily.)

• IK Blueboard with expression pedal makes a good wireless pedal for volume. If you happen to have em lying around......gonna go get em....and get a decent playing position...not my usual couch.
    I am an organ nut...can’t play one properly...cheers for the vid :)

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    once ran across a Leslie cab sitting on the curb for FREE. I paused for a moment and marveled at, and then just left it there, staring back at me

Haha, great story. :lol:

@Daveypoo Somehow I ignored this thread from a few months back. thanks for this video, enjoyed the Doug impersonation as well.

• Glad you dug it! Couldn't resist ape-ing my hero, Mr. @thesoundtestroom himself...