Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ruismaker and bm3

I created a beat in ruismaker fm and exported it to midi. After I import it into beatmaker 3 and drag it to my track it sticks the pattern in 50 to 64. I tried to create a gm transpose map but that didn’t work either. Does anyone know how to get my pattern lined up with the drum sounds in BM3? thanks!

Comments

• In BM3, the pads start from midi note zero and progress from there, using all 128 midi notes to cover the 128 available pads per bank. Try moving your midi notes as low as they will go. Midi note zero is usually note C -1, but sometimes it is C -2 in some apps.

• If you have AUM and Rozeta, you can use the Euclidean sequencer Rozeta Rhythm to create your beat, and Rhythm has the ability to assign midi notes to each drum track in the sequencer. It has a built in note map for BM3 that you can pick from a list.

• when I try to transpose the midi file from ruismaker it becomes a single line of continuous beats not the pattern I created. Has anyone successfully import midi from ruismaker to bm3?

• update: when i select GM mapping in ruismaker and then transpose with gm mapping in BM3 I get a usable midi file with the BM3 samples. If I choose ruismaker as a plug-in it won’t play the midi file I just imported

• If you are creating midi patterns with Ruismaker, then exporting Midi to BM3 to play Ruismaker as an AU, then export the midi file in default mode, not GM mapped mode. In BM3, import the midi file with no transposition. That will work.

• Wouldn’t it be easier just to have Ruismaker within BM3 and point Rozeta at it, recording the midi to the track.
    It’s pretty easy to set up.

I tend to use a midi trigger to play each section and then record it. I then take away the trigger note once I’m happy with the recorded section and move on to the next. Once done, you can disconnect the midi of Ruismaker and even delete Rozeta if you want.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Wouldn’t it be easier just to have Ruismaker within BM3 and point Rozeta at it, recording the midi to the track.
    It’s pretty easy to set up.

I tend to use a midi trigger to play each section and then record it. I then take away the trigger note once I’m happy with the recorded section and move on to the next. Once done, you can disconnect the midi of Ruismaker and even delete Rozeta if you want.

I agree, but I don’t know if madbanjoman has Rozeta, or even AUM for that matter.

• Nope, I don't have either of them. I just picked up Ruismaker for the Euclidean sequencer. I like how easy it is to try interesting beats. The sounds Ruismaker makes is cool, but I will most likely just use the sounds I have in BM3 so the GM method of transferring will work for me.

• @CracklePot said:
    If you are creating midi patterns with Ruismaker, then exporting Midi to BM3 to play Ruismaker as an AU, then export the midi file in default mode, not GM mapped mode. In BM3, import the midi file with no transposition. That will work.

I will have to try this. Thanks!

• If you export from Ruismaker intending to use the midi to drive a 16 pad drum instrument in BM3, export in the default mode instead of the GM mode so it is easier to know which midi track came from which Ruismaker track. Import the Midi file into BM3, and you will see the notes around octave C2. The bottom track (note C# 2) needs to move down to the lowest octave on the BM3 midi grid. The pads for a 16 pad bank in BM3 start on midi note 0 and go up to midi note 15 in order. So select the ruismaker exported tracks one by one, and move them down the midi grid to midi notes 0 thru 15, and place it on the pad track you want to trigger with that midi track.

In BM3, the midi notes in the midi editor are labeled with the pad numbers. So drum #1 in Ruismaker shows up triggering pad 50 in BM3 if you export with the default mode instead of GM mode. Move the notes from pad 50 lane down to pad 1 lane to get it to trigger Pad 1.

• Wow, seems to be a lot of overthinking going on here (As normal with Beatmaker)
    Download this MIDI import template to the MIDI import template folder.
    Now when you import the MIDI from Rusimaker standalone, use the Ruismaker standalone MIDI import template and the MIDI will be on pads 1-8.

FYI it took longer for me to type this post than it did to just make the template ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z86nyn2fryorvkl/Ruismaker Standalone.bmt?dl=0

• @Samplemunch said:
    Wow, seems to be a lot of overthinking going on here (As normal with Beatmaker)
    Now when you import the MIDI from Rusimaker standalone, use the Ruismaker standalone MIDI import template and the MIDI will be on pads 1-8.

FYI it took longer for me to type this post than it did to just make the template ;)

Yeah, because your way is the only way. I get it. :D

• @CracklePot said:

@Samplemunch said:

Yeah, because your way is the only way. I get it. :D

No because my way is the one click way, the way it was designed to work, and the way that saves you moving notes up and down like you suggested, is there some problem with pointing out that there is a correct easier way to do it, showing that correct easier way, providing a template ?

Such a strange reply ?

• Easier for you does not mean easier for everybody. Is something incorrect in what I suggested? No, just a different way. Like I said before, your knowledge is sound, but you come across like an arrogant dick in the way you address other forum members.

• And now the name calling starts because i showed an easier way to do something ?

• @CracklePot said:
    Easier for you does not mean easier for everybody. Is something incorrect in what I suggested? No, just a different way. Like I said before, your knowledge is sound, but you come across like an arrogant dick in the way you address other forum members.

I cannot read something like this out of the posting from @Samplemunch

• @Samplemunch said:
    And now the name calling starts because i showed an easier way to do something ?

No, I am merely pointing out how you address other forum members is lame. I am not calling you anything.
    It is possible to suggest something without undercutting everyone else’s suggestions. You always add unnecessary comments to imply that other people are wrong, when in fact they just have a different point of view. You attack people to instigate arguments, but nobody around here is looking for a fight. Most of us are just trying to help each other and spread information around.
    I encourage you to also post helpful suggestions and share helpful information. I discourage you from undermining confidence in what others have to suggest if it differs from your opinion.
    But really do whatever the hell you want. If you want to act like a dick, eventually someone will call you a dick.

• @tja said:

@CracklePot said:
    Easier for you does not mean easier for everybody. Is something incorrect in what I suggested? No, just a different way. Like I said before, your knowledge is sound, but you come across like an arrogant dick in the way you address other forum members.

I cannot read something like this out of the posting from @Samplemunch

Sorry this is in your thread. Back to the topic. How is it working?

• Chill @CracklePot Even if Samplemuch has been a dick previously, he's not being a dick here. His post not only provided an efficient simple solution, but was educational.

• @Samplemunch said:

Nice... Thanks!

• @cian said:
    Chill @CracklePot Even if Samplemuch has been a dick previously, he's not being a dick here. His post not only provided an efficient simple solution, but was educational.

Yeah ok. Chillin’. Sorry for gettin all riled up, Audiobus Forum. B) <3 o:)

• @cian said:
    Chill @CracklePot Even if Samplemuch has been a dick previously, he's not being a dick here. His post not only provided an efficient simple solution, but was educational.

When did he stop beating his wife?

LULZ

• So im a dick and a wife beater ?
    The moderation here is very poor :(

• Ahhhhhh. Please stop. All :) ;)

• ALBALB
    edited March 2018

@Samplemunch said:
    So im a dick and a wife beater ?

RUST(i)K made a joke. No one thinks you beat your wife.

• And it is OK to make jokes about people beating up their wives on the Audiobus forum is it ?
    I point out when people give bad information in a few threads and everybody cries and i get a warning from the moderator, but it is OK for multiple people to call me a dick and somebody else to call me a wife beater, just because i showed how easy it was to do what the OP wanted to do, and even provided a template ?

is there some sort of special club you have to be a member of around here to be able to say what you like and call people names ?

• ALBALB
    edited March 2018

No, it's not ok. I think RUST(i)K was making a reference to a well-known joke wherein an attorney/prosecutor asks the defendant, "Sir, how many times a week do you beat your wife?" or "When did you stop beating your wife?" (there are a few variations). The "joke" is that the prosecutor is not asking "if" but "how many times" or "when did you stop..." thereby implying that the defendant is already guilty. Oy...

• @Samplemunch said:
    So im a dick and a wife beater ?

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/loadques.html

• @Samplemunch said:

Thank you, Samplemunch! I appreciate it!

• @madbanjoman said:

@Samplemunch said:

Thank you, Samplemunch! I appreciate it!

No problem ;)