Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s guess what the next Bram Bos app will be?

13»

Comments

• edited March 2018

Something like this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Fh77ZPUUYTs

...could be super handy as a 'midi plug-in' :)
    (The Korg nanoKEY Studio already has something similar to this built-in).

• @Samu said:
    Something like this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Fh77ZPUUYTs

...could be super handy as a 'midi plug-in' :)
    (The Korg nanoKEY Studio already has something similar to this built-in).

Thumbjam can do this with MIDI thru enabled. Not AU but you prolly already own it....

• @syrupcore said:

Thumbjam can do this with MIDI thru enabled. Not AU but you prolly already own it....

Yepp, got that one. Was thinking that a Plug-In similar to the hardware in the video would be a good complement to any on-screen keyboard like the one in AUM or maybe even the one in Cubasis if/when it gets AUv3 Midi support :)

• @Samu said:

@syrupcore said:

Yepp, got that one. Was thinking that a Plug-In similar to the hardware in the video would be a good complement to any on-screen keyboard like the one in AUM or maybe even the one in Cubasis if/when it gets AUv3 Midi support :)

Agreed. If an AU keyboard with scale-mode is anywhere in Bram's/our future (something I think we've both begged about), this would be an epic addition to it—set it to a scale and any incoming 'white key' MIDI notes are also rounded to that scale. Transposition would be a welcome extra.

You could then go all Bos Mode MIDI Modular MayhemTM by sending the same C Major arpeggio from R.ARP or weirdo evolving CM patterns from R.Rhythm into several channels with the scale keyboard on it and set each of those keyboard instances to different scales and/or transposition amounts, pointed at different sound sources.

• I love AUM with reckless abandon but dreaming about something like the above now has me longing for an environment more like Audulus to string all of these delight bits together.

Think that's what I'd wish for next(ish), come to think of it: Rozeta Environment. A UI to combine AU MIDI plugins in various, clever ways that created discreet MIDI outputs that could be presented to AUM or hardware or apps as MIDI inputs. That, along with a way to save and recall sets of MIDI plugin states (set up patterns or whatever across several sequencers and recall the lot at once without stopping the clock) and perhaps a dedicated, non-generic sequencer to automate the recall of those states. And a great on screen keyboard, natch. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    I'd love to see a Rozeta AU piano roll sequencer because we could do with one of those, Rozeta Keys? :)

+1000

I’d love for it to incorporate ‘fold to scale’ (lots of scales), and some clever chord input. I wonder what amazing innovations could he come up with here?

• @Artefact2001 said:

@Carnbot said:
    I'd love to see a Rozeta AU piano roll sequencer because we could do with one of those, Rozeta Keys? :)

+1000

I’d love for it to incorporate ‘fold to scale’ (lots of scales), and some clever chord input. I wonder what amazing innovations could he come up with here?

Imagine a cross between Animoog keys and KRFT all within BM3

• A @brambos version of Plugin Boutique's "Scaler" vst would be cool. :)

• @syrupcore said:
    I love AUM with reckless abandon but dreaming about something like the above now has me longing for an environment more like Audulus to string all of these delight bits together.

Think that's what I'd wish for next(ish), come to think of it: Rozeta Environment. A UI to combine AU MIDI plugins in various, clever ways that created discreet MIDI outputs that could be presented to AUM or hardware or apps as MIDI inputs. That, along with a way to save and recall sets of MIDI plugin states (set up patterns or whatever across several sequencers and recall the lot at once without stopping the clock) and perhaps a dedicated, non-generic sequencer to automate the recall of those states. And a great on screen keyboard, natch. :)

An Auv3 host that is itself an AUv3......so you could build little MIDI Machines along with synth(s)....save them...and then add them to AUM as a Single entity rather than having to use a track for each component ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@syrupcore said:
    I love AUM with reckless abandon but dreaming about something like the above now has me longing for an environment more like Audulus to string all of these delight bits together.

An Auv3 host that is itself an AUv3......so you could build little MIDI Machines along with synth(s)....save them...and then add them to AUM as a Single entity rather than having to use a track for each component ?

As far as I know (at this moment in time and from what devs have said prior) you can’t have an AU hosted within an AU. Hopefully in time

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@syrupcore said:

As far as I know (at this moment in time and from what devs have said prior) you can’t have an AU hosted within an AU. Hopefully in time

If anyone can figure a way to do it then Bram can ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@syrupcore said:

No, I actually tried that, thinking I could pull a MainStage-like thingy. But no can do :#

• @brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@syrupcore said:

No, I actually tried that, thinking I could pull a MainStage-like thingy. But no can do :#

Defeatist :D

• @brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@syrupcore said:

Love the fact you already tried it though. :+1:

• @gusgranite said:

@brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@syrupcore said:

Love the fact you already tried it though. :+1:

I was more thinking of a standalone app, not an AU version of Inception. It would create N MIDI ports (one for each output you create in the app) and present them to any other apps. Similar to using Audiobus to present audio ports to AUM.

...and then add them to AUM as a Single entity rather than having to use a track for each component

This would be dreamy and I think it's possible. J Lilla has talked about doing something along these lines but I reckon it comes down to hours in a day. If I understood correctly (I don't want to put words in his mouth) it's two separate features. First is a way to combing an AU MIDI input with an audio channel (along with FX and sends like now) as a single entity. That along with a way to save and recall single channels.

• I was more thinking of a standalone app, not an AU version of Inception.

Ok, now I REALLY want this ^. So bad.