Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Behringer today shared images of their prototype for a Sequential Circuits Pro-One

Comments

• There is already a „better“ software available :)

• For me this is ace. Was my first synth but got nicked and have always missed it. Always wanted to replace it. So long as they nail it I gotta have.
    I have repro one but software just don’t cut it for me compared with hardware in this kind of instance.

• The 'rack' version would be perfect as an AUV3 with all knobs on screen and no annoying page-flipping :)

• Anyone have a Behringer Model D? I've been drooling over that for awhile now, and all the videos I've seen sound fantastic (which 15 years ago I never thought I'd say about Behringer). I am expecting the same here. Similar price point?

• i wish they would clone novation's peak or do something similar. FPGA wavetables broaden out the sound possibilties + analogue vcf and vca- best of both worlds. peak is pretty expensive tho.
    both model d and neutron sound really good. alas, no patch memory, but that would make them much more expensive

• @dvlmusic said:
    Anyone have a Behringer Model D? I've been drooling over that for awhile now, and all the videos I've seen sound fantastic (which 15 years ago I never thought I'd say about Behringer). I am expecting the same here. Similar price point?

Yea got the Boog, it sounds pretty fine to me. If they get as close with Pro One as they did with the Boog then it should be great. OG Pro One was crap build but fantastic synth, if Behringer do this it will prob be better build quality than OG and with midi. As the form factor looks same as Boog I imagine likely to be same price point - 299.

• @mrcanister said:
    i wish they would clone novation's peak

Cloning another company’s brand new synth would certainly be a new low even for Behringer :D

• @brambos said:

@mrcanister said:
    i wish they would clone novation's peak

Cloning another company’s brand new synth would certainly be a new low even for Behringer :D

Agreed, but you have to admit that they've really stepped it up in recent years. The Model D is impressive at that price.

• @brambos
    yeah, it would!
    i was just meaning the peak as a lovely sounding example of innovative digital tech + analogue. nothing literal.
    doesn't have to be behringer, i don't mind what name is on the tin!
    i never record any of my jams but i like to keep my patches. wish these had some memory

• @dvlmusic said:
    ... Agreed, but you have to admit that they've really stepped it up in recent years. The Model D is impressive at that price.

not really - parts and production technology has changed a lot in recent years and Behringer has own automated lines at their disposal.
    The Korg 'minis' are also proof of this.
    One diesn't need to hand-select transistors anymore - instead you can use transistor arrays on-a-chip with precisely matching specs.

• I like that their clones will bring down the crazy vintage prices of analog synths.

I think it's potentially going to hurt some companies that make innovative products which is sad.

OTOH I love my UCA202, 5 bux from a pawnbroker.

• edited March 2018

I just spent quite a bit of money rehabilitating my Pro-One. Replaced the CPU with the Turbo Midi and the keyboard with a Fatar, which is Sweet! And cleaned, recapped, recalibrated, etc. luckily I got it back when people were letting them go cheap ($75).

• Looking at their flagship synth, the DM12, I wouldn’t say that the company have stepped up their game at all. It’s trash. Everything from the two wonky fans, to the keybed, to the software, to the filt...Actually all of it really. What has happened within the company is that 1 person have gone mental. I mean even more then he already was.

• encenc
    edited March 2018

I was tempted by the model D but lack of patch storage killed it for me. I'll stick with my Roland boutiques .. I know Most on here despise them but the SH01a is fucking amazing. With this new hardware, I've produced more music in the last 6 months than I have in the last 5 years.

• I need the model D too

• I want one. More than any of the other clones, this is the synth I wanted since I was 14 and saw Vince Clarke play a Pro-one on top of the pops!

• Sounds fab.

• this one sounds the most accurate so far (model D was damn close but the others have been a little out), probably due to the Curtis chips.

• Me so horny

• Another great news from Behringer. I used to have mixed feelings about all of this copycat shit but TBH let’s enjoy some hardware synthesis before the whole system will finally come crashing down.

• Seems like a great controller for U-He Repro.... :D B)

• @klownshed said:

I want one. More than any of the other clones, this is the synth I wanted since I was 14 and saw Vince Clarke play a Pro-one on top of the pops!

Samesies. For similar VC reasons. I really don't want to support B at all but I don't know if I'll be able to resist a since-I-was-a-teenager dream synth for the amount of money they'll be asking.

• Damn. Just started the video. They even bite Vince Clarke's style of pro-1 usage as the intro/demo. Seems they are totally free of shame. Sounds kinda liberating tbh.

• edited October 2019

it was the main synth used in their album Upstairs at Eric's
    https://i.ibb.co/G0ss82Z/82-front-1.jpg

• @Infraworld said:
    it was the main synth used in their album Upstairs at Eric's
    https://i.ibb.co/G0ss82Z/82-front-1.jpg

Yup. Otherwise know as the best album in the world of all time ever. :-) at least to me.

• Do we have an iOS equivalent of this? Roughly?
    But oh, that arp at 7:25!
    Downside: No presets, right?

• Most basic analog synths are simple enough not to need presets. If you don’t know it well enough to get the sounds you’re looking for you might as well use a rompler. And get off my grass! ;)

• @anickt said:
    Most basic analog synths are simple enough not to need presets. If you don’t know it well enough to get the sounds you’re looking for you might as well use a rompler. And get off my grass! ;)

ORLY