Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Favorite eq

Looking for reccomendations for a good eq.... I'm considering AUFX peakQ

Comments

• I like that one, and I use SilQ as well. I think the DDMF stuff is widely regarded as the cream of the crop for iOS plugs, unless you own Auria. If you own Auria, the Fab Filter plug ins are always regarded as the absolute best on iOS.

• I agree with the above but want to add AUFX Peak is great! I also recommend Bark Filter. It’s AUv3 which is, you know, nice.

• edited March 2018

ProQ 2 is laughably good. Outside Auria, I prefer the DDMF 6144

(Sidenote: I don’t actually use an EQ outside Auria, but I have tested the DDMF and it is quality)

• zMors EQ is pretty good and is AU.

• @CracklePot said:
    I like that one, and I use SilQ as well. I think the DDMF stuff is widely regarded as the cream of the crop for iOS plugs, unless you own Auria. If you own Auria, the Fab Filter plug ins are always regarded as the absolute best on iOS.

Thank ya and wow that ddmf stuff looks great! Deff gonna look into these

• @EssexGooner said:
    zMors EQ is pretty good and is AU.

That one looks really nice ! Ty

• @oat_phipps said:

(Sidenote: I don’t actually use an EQ outside Auria, but I have tested the DDMF and it is quality)

You guys make me spend too much money

• @EssexGooner said:

I was just looking at that one recently and was wondering about its stability/ active dev support, etc. It looked really awesome, so thank you for chiming in with a vote of confidence regarding zMors.

• Another vote for DDMF 6144.

• 6144 for color, Directional EQ for stereo stuff, AUM eq nodes for neutrality.

• FuxEQ and zMors EQ for surgical. 6144 for balancing.

• My vote for apeFilter by apeSoft.

• Dope ! Thanks all !!

• @oat_phipps said:

DDMF 6144 for me as well. Sometimes I just use random filters; the Dynamic Stereo Equalizer is pretty amazing also, but I’ve yet to really delve deep into it.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    My vote for apeFilter by apeSoft.

I love this one for effects, colour, and experimental sound sculpting. :smiley: Good choice mate.

• @EssexGooner said:

This..

• @JudgeDredd said:
    My vote for apeFilter by apeSoft.

Too complex for simple 3 or 4 band cuts

• The one with unbeatable price/performance ratio is Toneboosters EQ inside Audio Evolution. It's my absolute favorite. For $1.99 you get a pro-level EQ and a great 3-track audio editor for free. I wonder why nobody cares. Too good to be true maybe.
    6 EQ bands, each with a Mid/Side and L/R independent processing option, many different filter types per band, a powerful and customisable spectrum analyzer, Q factor even for shelving bands.
    I usually open sound files from AudioShare in Audio Evolution, process/mix/fade/precisely trim them, then "Export to other DAW" or "Mixdown". In file browser you'll find all your processed clips where you can export them back to AudioShare or open with other apps.
    AEM will also help a lot when trimming an audio clip to precise bpm (use the bpm grid).

• @CracklePot said:
    If you own Auria, the Fab Filter plug ins are always regarded as the absolute best on iOS.

>

Yep. We play with other things, outside of Auria Pro. Several are very good. But there really is nothing quite as good as Fab Filters. Yes, they are expensive by App Store standards, but even cloth ears like mine can instantly hear the difference.

• @rs2000 said:
    The one with unbeatable price/performance ratio is Toneboosters EQ inside Audio Evolution. It's my absolute favorite. For $1.99 you get a pro-level EQ and a great 3-track audio editor for free. I wonder why nobody cares. Too good to be true maybe.
    6 EQ bands, each with a Mid/Side and L/R independent processing option, many different filter types per band, a powerful and customisable spectrum analyzer, Q factor even for shelving bands.
    I usually open sound files from AudioShare in Audio Evolution, process/mix/fade/precisely trim them, then "Export to other DAW" or "Mixdown". In file browser you'll find all your processed clips where you can export them back to AudioShare or open with other apps.
    AEM will also help a lot when trimming an audio clip to precise bpm (use the bpm grid).

I remember 5pinlink saying Toneboosters are the unsung masters as well. It’s that Fabfilter issue though of being locked to a DAW you don’t use. It seems like a high overhead just to use an FX.

• @gusgranite said:
    I remember 5pinlink saying Toneboosters are the unsung masters as well. It’s that Fabfilter issue though of being locked to a DAW you don’t use. It seems like a high overhead just to use an FX.

I think that around 80 megs of storage is still acceptable overhead, compared to >1GB for Auria or Cubasis. And you can always ignore the DAW part if you don't need it ;)

• @rs2000 said:

@gusgranite said:

I think that around 80 megs of storage is still acceptable overhead, compared to >1GB for Auria or Cubasis. And you can always ignore the DAW part if you don't need it ;)

Sorry, I meant workflow overhead but it sounds like that’s minimal.