Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

touchpen / stylus recommendations

I'm looking for a stylus to use with BM3 on an iPad Air 2, recommendations welcome

Comments

• Bamboo my last 2

• I used a Adonit Jot Pro with my Air 2, before I upgraded to iPad Pro /Apple Pencil. It has a tiny clear disc instead of rubber tip, which I found makes for more accurate interface manipulation & drawing experience.

• How worth it is to pony up for an Apple Pencil? I see Henny using one in his videos - I'm not necessarily in the market, but MAN ALIVE does my screen get smudgy when I'm either in the heat of a jam, or seriously editing video. I'm always wondering how Doug & Jakob keep their screens so clean (especially Jakob with just a single wipe at the top of his videos....)

• edited March 2018

I did some research into this 2 years ago, bought the FiftyThree Pencil digital stylus walnut for $55 and found it was just a hype for its price and features - you have to recharge it frequently, Bluetooth latency, the tip was thick anyway and it left smudges on the screen.

Unless you have budget for an Apple Pencil (works with iPad Pro), Wacom Bamboo stood out with a carbon-fiber woven tip with smooth writing and navigation and no smudges left on the glass screen as it is not rubber-based. Easily switch from touch screen to paper with a real pen on the other end of it. Apple Pencil was not released yet when I bought Bamboo.

Wacom Gen. 3 Bamboo Stylus Duo with ballpoint pen for Kindle Fire, iPad Pro, iPad, Windows tablets & Samsung Galaxy
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M9B2J7A

Apple Pencil vs 53 Pencil

HTH

• @dvlmusic said:
    How worth it is to pony up for an Apple Pencil? I see Henny using one in his videos - I'm not necessarily in the market, but MAN ALIVE does my screen get smudgy when I'm either in the heat of a jam, or seriously editing video. I'm always wondering how Doug & Jakob keep their screens so clean (especially Jakob with just a single wipe at the top of his videos....)

I’d say the Apple Pencil is totally worth it.. but I don’t think it’s necessary for music making or video editing IMO. If what you want is less smudging have you thought about a screen protector?

• edited March 2018

I'm not really shopping, more thinking out loud. I find that I fat-finger a fair amount of things, even on the large 12.9" screen of my iPad Pro. I also spend a ton of time cleaning the screen with a lens cleaning cloth just to push the smudges around.

$100 is just too much to "try it out" with - thanks Apple. Just was wondering if anyone around here was using one and not necessarily for art/drawing-related apps.

• Wacom Bamboo Tip is less than $50 and has a nice small tip. It needs to be charged but it doesn’t need to be paired.

• The Friendly Swede 3-in-1 stylus. Best thing I’ve used. Available from Amazon and e-Bay.

• Stylus Wacom Bamboo rubber nibs suggest (Firm) nib 20$ if that using mine for 4 years

• Try it out at a nearby Apple Store. I didn’t even consider buying it without trying it (three times, months apart from each other to make sure the kool-aid wasn’t too sweet).
    Considering about a second one.

• edited March 2018

The wacom bamboo is trusty, but get extra tips. Sometimes they’d last forever for me, sometimes one would rip within a couple weeks. Still the best cheapest option imo, after trying pretty much everything on the market.

For messing in BM3/turning knobs on music apps, it’s perfect. The Pencil absolutely rules though for handwriting and drawing.

• edited March 2018

The stylus I mentioned above has both the circular plastic type of tip, and an less common fibre tip, which unlike rubber tips does not leave marks on screen.

• @Zen210507 said:
    The Friendly Swede 3-in-1 stylus. Best thing I’ve used. Available from Amazon and e-Bay.

I finally ordered the 4-in-1 stylus by Friendly Swede which has an additional brush-type tip, thanks everybody for their recommendations!

• Although the OP already ordered their stylus, keep in mind the Apple Pencil only works on the iPad Pro models

• @milodeezy said:
    I finally ordered the 4-in-1 stylus by Friendly Swede which has an additional brush-type tip, thanks everybody for their recommendations!

>

Great. You will not be disappointed. Using the fibre tip version to tap this post out. :)