Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Samplist UPDATE 1.3

After updating Samplist I find playing samples in chromatic mode frustrating.
When triggering higher notes the pitch changes and the sample tempo speeds up.
I understand and appreciate that the developer changed the initial monophonic audio
engine to a polyphonic audio engine, added record, Ui improvements etc.
The lack of tempo preservation has killed the app for me.
What are your thoughts

Comments

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    After updating Samplist I find playing samples in chromatic mode frustrating.
    When triggering higher notes the pitch changes and the sample tempo speeds up.
    I understand and appreciate that the developer changed the initial monophonic audio
    engine to a polyphonic audio engine, added record, Ui improvements etc.
    The lack of tempo preservation has killed the app for me.
    What are your thoughts

Have you tried chromatic with timestretch turned on? I haven't tried 1.31 yet, but 1.3 seemed ok.

• edited March 2018

You can message the developer @alecsbuga directly. He is very responsive

• Not sure if this is what you want but as @aaronpc says, enable chromatic > swipe right to second menu page > enable timestretch > add bpm, maintains sample length while raising pitch.

• Oh ok I did not see the hidden page for time stretch, I will try it ......thanks

• Hi. Glad you figured it out. I'll add an indicator that there's a second page.

I'm also writing a simple PDF manual

• This is an excellent experience so far: thank you! Very smart idea to allow for editing of all envelopes at the same time... such a time saver!

I'm going to want to map those pads and knobs to my MPD232. Any MIDI info (or how to access it for Samplist) would be helpful.

• FYI: Sample 16 disappears after saving and trying to add slice gets the message "No more room"

• @FlightManual said:
    FYI: Sample 16 disappears after saving and trying to add slice gets the message "No more room"

I've run into this, too. To bypass the "no more room" message, extend the previous sample, then split it.

Send bug reports through the feedback link in Menu.

• Yeah I noticed that too. I’ve put a limit but it sometimes misbehaves.
    Use the feedback link. It’s easier for me to keep track. Thank you

• edited March 2018

@alecsbuga said:
    Yeah I noticed that too. I’ve put a limit but it sometimes misbehaves.
    Use the feedback link. It’s easier for me to keep track. Thank you

You replace the original keyboard (non chromatic) of the first version 1 by pads but now we don’t have the Glide function between pads (Glide: When this button is enabled, sliding across the keyboard or pads will play each key as soon as your finger slides over it, and releases it
    when your finger leaves it.)
    Can you add an option to have a keyboard instead of pads when it s not chromatically ?
    And an option to have a glide for pads for finger drumming without leaving the screen ?

• @grego68 said:
    You replace the original keyboard (non chromatic) of the first version 1 by pads but now we don’t have the Glide function between pads (Glide: When this button is enabled, sliding across the keyboard or pads will play each key as soon as your finger slides over it, and releases it
    when your finger leaves it.)

It's not possible.
    Before I rewrote the audio engine it was very limited. You played ONE SAMPLE and when you moved your finger around the keys it transposed the pitchshifter effect. That's why it was mono.

The pitch-shifter adds CPU when is on and also a lag because it's not possible to have realtime pitch-shifting with the Apple Audio Engine. You need custom stuff which I don't have access to.

Can you add an option to have a keyboard instead of pads when it s not chromatically ?

I don't see why. It's way easier to hit pads to trigger slices. And you can use a MIDI Keyboard to do that or a MIDI Sending app.

And an option to have a glide for pads for finger drumming without leaving the screen ?

Not sure what you mean? Like hit a pad and slide your finger to trigger the others?

• edited March 2018

@alecsbuga said:> Not sure what you mean? Like hit a pad and slide your finger to trigger the others?

Yes For hitting or playing a pad we have to remove the finger and repress on a new pad (like Impc or Beathawk for example). But some apps have a glide function like xequence drum pads ,beatmaker 3 And more : it’s faster for live playing drumfinger.The piano keyboard in the first version allowed gliding but the pads did not (or maybe it’s hidden and I haven’t seen the option), that’s why I think piano keyboard was useful (and for midi mapping too).
    Im not sure to be understandable but if you don’t understand try the pads of beathawk and compare with beatmaker 3 : first doesn’t allow gliding and beatmaker does ...Maybe a native English can explain better sorry .
    If it ´s not possible to code this of course I can use a midi controller instead but I thought it could be useful for some people ...

• @grego68 hah, that description of "Glide" is straight from the Xequence manual, it sounded so familiar :D

@alecsbuga everything is possible in software development. You just have to write it ;) ducks

• @SevenSystems said:
    @grego68 hah, that description of "Glide" is straight from the Xequence manual, it sounded so familiar :D

@alecsbuga everything is possible in software development. You just have to write it ;) ducks

Godel would like a word with you...

• @SevenSystems said:

Or as some of the business managers here think......Can't you just copy paste it from somewhere else ? :o

• @cian I don't get that reference... but then again I'm totally anticultural :D

@AndyPlankton I've heard the other variation more often: "Oh, that expensive? Can't you just click a button or something?" ;)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @cian I don't get that reference... but then again I'm totally anticultural :D

@AndyPlankton I've heard the other variation more often: "Oh, that expensive? Can't you just click a button or something?" ;)

hehehe.....yes this....often in the form "Why do you need 3 days to do that ?" When in fact you said 2 days design, 3 days coding, 5 days testing

• Note: Sound disabled (or not being transmitted) on this app when plugged in to my Behringer UMC404hd. Midi notes work (Can see they are triggered on slices.) No control over knobs CC I can find....

• Bump for reply?

• Will this app soon be available for iPhone ?

• @stuck80s said:
    Will this app soon be available for iPhone ?

+1 for that

• @FlightManual said:
    Note: Sound disabled (or not being transmitted) on this app when plugged in to my Behringer UMC404hd. Midi notes work (Can see they are triggered on slices.) No control over knobs CC I can find....

Hey sorry I don't receive notifications for this thread.
    The latest update has Midi Mapping. Check the MENU.

I'll check what happens with an USB audio interface. Apparently the framework I use doesn't switch outputs automatically.

• @alecsbuga said:

@FlightManual said:
    Note: Sound disabled (or not being transmitted) on this app when plugged in to my Behringer UMC404hd. Midi notes work (Can see they are triggered on slices.) No control over knobs CC I can find....

I'll check what happens with an USB audio interface. Apparently the framework I use doesn't switch outputs automatically.

Thank you. I think this is going to be awesome with my MPD232, and I appreciate the response.

• @FlightManual said:

@alecsbuga said:

@FlightManual said:

Thank you. I think this is going to be awesome with my MPD232, and I appreciate the response.

RIght now it doesn't work with the MPD or what?

• @alecsbuga said:

@FlightManual said:

@alecsbuga said:

@FlightManual said:

RIght now it doesn't work with the MPD or what?

The MPD triggers pads! Didn't know where the MIDI menu was, so I haven't checked out knob mapping. I just can't hear it...

• Yeah I can confirm it doesn’t default to the usb audio out on my interface either.

I’ll investigate this weekend and see what needs to be changed.

Try Samplist -> Audiobus -> Out
    I’m curious if this works. I’m at work and don’t have my iPad with me.