Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Desert Island Synth

124»

Comments

• @samboskull said:
    I.. I don't know. I'm currently trying to create a simple 8 voice detuned saw (A supersaw, as they say) with a filter... and I can't find anything. The next app I buy will be able to do this, but so far nothing seems to fit the bill. My current go-tos are failing: BitMask Scythe has great unison, but no filter. Thor has great filters, but no unison.

It's like, everything is close to Massive/Serum/Sylenth - but not quite. I really want to take the plunge on Zeeon or Layr... But no unison!

Poison202 has a supersaw oscillator option... But I don't want a preset supersaw, I want the basic functions you use to create a supersaw! Argh!

So for me, Thor. Unless someone here can recommend an app capable of unison and filters simultaneously!

Couldn’t you do something in Kasper - eight layers of three saws.

• Here are my favorites, priority starting with the top left = Zeeon. My desert island Synths would be all of them on my iPad Pro 512gb ;)

• And just to be fair, here's the rest , including sample based instruments ..

• @Arpseechord said:

@zeroG said:

@Arpseechord said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Arpseechord said:
    I’ve answered this question before and I’ll stick with my same choice
    Phonem because I’ll at least have someone else to talk to besides myself

Ha!
    Great answer.

I’ll have to figure out a way to keep my iPad charged on the desert island? If only to keep the conversation going :)

Clever idea, was also thinking of checking out some episodes of Gilligans Island before leaving...might come in handy

Any idea what model # that panel is? Been looking into the soft roll up type solar panels. I'd need enough to power my iPad Pro, Macbook Pro , Push 2 and Komplete Audio 6 + a couple external HDD and I'd be set to ride out the Zombie apocalypse in style & get my death jam on. ;)

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:

@Arpseechord said:

@zeroG said:

@Arpseechord said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Arpseechord said:
    I’ve answered this question before and I’ll stick with my same choice
    Phonem because I’ll at least have someone else to talk to besides myself

Ha!
    Great answer.

I’ll have to figure out a way to keep my iPad charged on the desert island? If only to keep the conversation going :)

Clever idea, was also thinking of checking out some episodes of Gilligans Island before leaving...might come in handy

Any idea what model # that panel is? Been looking into the soft roll up type solar panels. I'd need enough to power my iPad Pro, Macbook Pro , Push 2 and Komplete Audio 6 + a couple external HDD and I'd be set to ride out the Zombie apocalypse in style & get my death jam on. ;)

Not sure? But watch out anyways those zombies are clever and can swim vast distances to any island

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

@AnimalHeadSpirit

I counted 103 synths without any DAWs and without apps that primary act as instruments, like the SoundPrism apps or Chordeon, or are mainly sequencers like Groove Rider, Xyntesizer or Krft - or are generative apps like Wotja

But i only have about half from your list :o

• @samboskull said:
    I.. I don't know. I'm currently trying to create a simple 8 voice detuned saw (A supersaw, as they say) with a filter... and I can't find anything. The next app I buy will be able to do this, but so far nothing seems to fit the bill. My current go-tos are failing: BitMask Scythe has great unison, but no filter. Thor has great filters, but no unison.

It's like, everything is close to Massive/Serum/Sylenth - but not quite. I really want to take the plunge on Zeeon or Layr... But no unison!

Poison202 has a supersaw oscillator option... But I don't want a preset supersaw, I want the basic functions you use to create a supersaw! Argh!

So for me, Thor. Unless someone here can recommend an app capable of unison and filters simultaneously!

I've tried a lot of synth apps, VSTs, hardware, etc. but nothing comes close to my JP-8080. That's my desert island synth without a doubt.

• edited March 2018

@tja said:
    @AnimalHeadSpirit

I counted 103 synths without any DAWs and without apps that primary act as instruments, like the SoundPrism apps or Chordeon, or are mainly sequencers like Groove Rider, Xyntesizer or Krft - or are generative apps like Wotja

But i only have about half from your list :o

I'm at around 300 music apps total. I keep trying to call it quits and say enough is enough but people like Bram and Pavlov keep tempting me with incredible new apps! ;) ..

I do try to be more selective now though. apps like Groove Rider, & Maxima, Kosmonaut effects recently made the cut-- but at least I'm no longer buying 20 new apps a month.