Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Grand Finale - by Klevgrand

Comments

• @Peter321 said:
    I agree that you should try to get as close to the sound you want in your DAW - but what I find is very useful, at least for my Gadget tracks, is the stereo processing. It can really open up a track so it sound less like "home sequencer" and more like a finished release.

Yeah of course, my opinions are just that - opinions. YMMV and all that :)

• edited March 2018

I’m kinda torn; it just turns out I’ve been mixing/mastering an album for the first time ever. I’ve been experimenting with a track back and forth in Auria vs. Grand Finale. The Klevgr is great at getting fast, good results. I particularly like the Sparkle distortion and the Ambient Eq settings. But I’m still leaning back to my own mix/master, even if it’s imperfect me being an amateur. Somethin about that Pro-L.

• Can any one compare this to Final Touch? Better sound? Easier to use? etc

• @oat_phipps I think you’ve hit it on the head. Grand Finale....good and fast and LUFS. In a lot of ways GF is a big, shiny make it better button.I believe A LOT of people are going to be using it. Now,IMHO, Pro-L is one of the finest limiters available anywhere. It’s almost unfair to compare anything with it ;)

• Anyone still experiencing buggy export issues? Suddenly im having the render progress bar pop up for only a split second only to again disappear and not ask me where to save. If it does ask, I get a blank file. And the master isn’t bypassed or anything like that. Also can we get a full detailed explanation of how the project saving works? Cause I just imported a file, created a project to save it, tweaked it, then created another project with the same name to save again thinking it would overwrite, and it overwrites it with some completely different audio I imported a while back. Wtf?

• So the export is working as it should now, but out of 6 quick export tests of the same file it did
    the super quick render glitch once so this seems like some kind of a random thing which is not good. I can’t get it consistent. Bug fix needed

• Would like to see some sort of metering added to compression if possible .

• Fantastic app that doesn’t work. A bug prevents exporting the final mixdown file. Hopefully it wil be fixed soon as it’s on sale.

• It’s been working more often that not for me but there’s one file in particular that refuses to export. Not sure. I’ve been getting lots of use out of it. Great app. Can really make a difference

• I've already become reliant on the desktop version of Grand Finale so having it in iOS feels like (mastering) money-in-the-bank. Huge thanks again @sundhage and team Klevgrand.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I’m kinda torn; it just turns out I’ve been mixing/mastering an album for the first time ever. I’ve been experimenting with a track back and forth in Auria vs. Grand Finale. The Klevgr is great at getting fast, good results. I particularly like the Sparkle distortion and the Ambient Eq settings. But I’m still leaning back to my own mix/master, even if it’s imperfect me being an amateur. Somethin about that Pro-L.

There will be something about Pro-L2 very soon too!

• I used it for 2 hours yesterday without any issues. I was able to export several times. iPad Pro 12.9"

• I still can’t figure out the export bug, cause I can export sometimes as well. I’m wondering if it has to do with whether you imported via Grand Finale or used “open in” from elsewhere. Also I think it likes the play head to be rewound to the beginning but again it’s hard to tell

• I imported when I was in the app with no issue; I have not tried "open-in"

• Put some raw iKaossilator into Grand Finale, I think it sounds pretty great.

• I’m just gonna try re-downloading it, because I still get the issue.

• Hi all, sorry for not being active for a couple of days (got the flu and have been totally passed out since monday). If the issue remain in v1.0.2, please send an email to [email protected] and describe how the audio was imported (using Open In.., iTunes or AudioShare), iOS version and device and we'll take it from there. We haven't been able to reproduce on our end, so this is a bit tricky to solve.

• @sundhage said:
    Hi all, sorry for not being active for a couple of days (got the flu and have been totally passed out since monday). If the issue remain in v1.0.2, please send an email to [email protected] and describe how the audio was imported (using Open In.., iTunes or AudioShare), iOS version and device and we'll take it from there. We haven't been able to reproduce on our end, so this is a bit tricky to solve.

I’ve been going to Audioshare first and exporting to Grand Finale and haven’t had export issues since being consistent with that, but I also can’t reproduce the bug either

• wimwim
    edited March 2018

Everything working great here. I have no useful input on the functionality as compression and mastering are an inscrutable mystery to me even after all these years. All I can say is it’s easy to dial in what sounds good to me. B)

But, why, oh why, purposefully make the meters so hard to read? Why the low contrast and tiny text?? It doesn’t look cooler that way, and it causes me to have to turn up the brightness just for this app.

I would love to have IAA / Audiobus input so that I could slap this right in the master channel of my daw rather than having to go through repeated exports / imports / exports. It makes things take many times as long.

• @sundhage said:
    Hi all, sorry for not being active for a couple of days (got the flu and have been totally passed out since monday). If the issue remain in v1.0.2, please send an email to [email protected] and describe how the audio was imported (using Open In.., iTunes or AudioShare), iOS version and device and we'll take it from there. We haven't been able to reproduce on our end, so this is a bit tricky to solve.

Please feel better mate. :) Getting sick sucks.

• @wim said:
    Everything working great here. I have no useful input on the functionality as compression and mastering are an inscrutable mystery to me even after all these years. All I can say is it’s easy to dial in what sounds good to me. B)

But, why, oh why, purposefully make the meters so hard to read? Why the low contrast and tiny text?? It doesn’t look cooler that way, and it causes me to have to turn up the brightness just for this app.

I would love to have IAA / Audiobus input so that I could slap this right in the master channel of my daw rather than having to go through repeated exports / imports / exports. It makes things take many times as long.

IAA / AUv3 / Audiobus isn't supported just because GF consumes too much CPU at the moment. We're working on a few different optimisation techniques for another project (not related to our own products at the moment) that might be possible to integrate into Grand Finale later on which means it might go AUv3. But we'll have to run a few tests before knowing if it will be possible without changing the audio quality.

I'll pass your critics about the meters to our designers.

• @Arpseechord said:
    I give this app my seal of approval :)

>

https://youtu.be/f0Rm0x73oD4

• Really hoping this app goes AU. Even if cpu intensive one could do short mix downs of tracks and create a super processed track in real-time. It would really save so many steps of export, import and stuff.

@sundhage said:

@wim said:

IAA / AUv3 / Audiobus isn't supported just because GF consumes too much CPU at the moment. We're working on a few different optimisation techniques for another project (not related to our own products at the moment) that might be possible to integrate into Grand Finale later on which means it might go AUv3. But we'll have to run a few tests before knowing if it will be possible without changing the audio quality.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Arpseechord said:
    I give this app my seal of approval :)

>

https://youtu.be/f0Rm0x73oD4

Lol! :)
    I also feel it’s the cats meow and the bees knees

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Really hoping this app goes AU.

>

Yep. Much of the time we’re using FF. But if this was AU, I can see a good case for buying it, for songs which use filters that won’t play nicely under Auria Pro. Or, under AUM, of course, which would save time.

• @sundhage said:

@wim said:

Thanks for the response. :smile: While it's inconvenient with all the export and import, I appreciate the focus on quality and not try to do more than the platform can reliably support. In one way it's good in that it's far too easy jump to the "mastering" plugins before getting the mix as best as possible without it. I'm guilty of that all the time. So on reflection, I'm happy with the way it works, as it helps enforce discipline in the process.

As for the design, now that I know what db those tiny little gray numbers represent, I can manage. It just puzzles me greatly that designers would do something like that. I mean, the meter and level markings are the most important visual indicator of the whole interface, and they're pushed to the background like they shouldn't be important to anyone. Besides, that and the waveform display could be the most sexy visual pieces and they're treated as if someone regrets that they even have to be there. Oh well, I'm over it. As long as it works and I can remember which tiny little grey blobs are the numbers I want, I'm good. ;)

Thanks for listening, and for the great product. So far I've used it on two finished tracks, and I feel like they are much, much the better for it.

• I still wish it was AU to process individual tracks realtime like the Fabfilter apps do in Auria pro. I know a lot of recording studios process and reprocess stuff till it doesn’t sound anything as the original but of course that makes sense if that’s the sound they’re after. But I means as far as compressing, limiting, I guess. I’m not an engineer or claim to be one, don’t even know what the heck I’m doing most of the time, but it does sound amazingly good and paired up with FAC TransitWatch FAC Maxima oh boy, we’re really blessed to be alive!

@wim said:

@sundhage said:

@wim said:

Thanks for the response. :smile: While it's inconvenient with all the export and import, I appreciate the focus on quality and not try to do more than the platform can reliably support. In one way it's good in that it's far too easy jump to the "mastering" plugins before getting the mix as best as possible without it. I'm guilty of that all the time. So on reflection, I'm happy with the way it works, as it helps enforce discipline in the process.

As for the design, now that I know what db those tiny little gray numbers represent, I can manage. It just puzzles me greatly that designers would do something like that. I mean, the meter and level markings are the most important visual indicator of the whole interface, and they're pushed to the background like they shouldn't be important to anyone. Besides, that and the waveform display could be the most sexy visual pieces and they're treated as if someone regrets that they even have to be there. Oh well, I'm over it. As long as it works and I can remember which tiny little grey blobs are the numbers I want, I'm good. ;)

Thanks for listening, and for the great product. So far I've used it on two finished tracks, and I feel like they are much, much the better for it.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I still wish it was AU to process individual tracks realtime like the Fabfilter apps do in Auria pro. I know a lot of recording studios process and reprocess stuff till it doesn’t sound anything as the original but of course that makes sense if that’s the sound they’re after. But I means as far as compressing, limiting, I guess. I’m not an engineer or claim to be one, don’t even know what the heck I’m doing most of the time, but it does sound amazingly good and paired up with FAC TransitWatch FAC Maxima oh boy, we’re really blessed to be alive!

Total overkill for individual tracks IMO. EQ and panning, plus selective use of compression / limiter, and possibly transient shaping should be plenty to fix up individual tracks. This app to me is all about the final polish on the whole mix. ymmv of course.

• Yeah I guess you’re right I’m really still learning so much about all this mix down stuff but I will trust my ears and if it sounds good to my ears, it’s good enough I guess :D :)

• @sundhage said:

@wim said:

IAA / AUv3 / Audiobus isn't supported just because GF consumes too much CPU at the moment.

Even on a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9”? I’d understand if AU wasn’t supported yet (multiple instances would kill the CPU most like), but at least IAA/AB with state saving could be. Could even put that extended functionality as an IAP if you really wanted and get a bit extra for that extra development. ;) Meh, just spitballing ideas. Cheers mate, and excellent work!