Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vatanator as AU

Hello, quick question - is there a way to play a pattern sequence when Vatanotor is an AU in AUM? Thanks.

Comments

• Rozeta XOX works for me.

• Oh that’s cool! Is there a way to switch between patterns via midi with Rozeta?

• @girlvsworld said:
    Oh that’s cool! Is there a way to switch between patterns via midi with Rozeta?

Why yes there is. Enable Midi Triggers Patterns. C1 = First pattern, D1 = Second and so on.

• edited March 2018

And if you really want to add some groove to it use two or three instances of Rozeta and send to Vatanator. Then slide them off and on in AUM and it really gets wild.

No problem, glad I could help.

• Hoping we see channel save or project append in AUM soon. Want to be able to save and quickly recall things like "R X0X -> Vatinator -> AUfx Push" within an active session.

• One other question - does this mean that there are no beat/drum machine Au’s where you can program a pattern and play it within AUM? It can only be controlled via Rozeta?

• @girlvsworld said:
    One other question - does this mean that there are no beat/drum machine Au’s where you can program a pattern and play it within AUM? It can only be controlled via Rozeta?

Beathawk can do that.

• Can anyone get Vatanator AU working with an audio interface?
    For me the audio is all glitchy when using my iCA4 but all other AUs are fine....

• @Carnbot said:
    Can anyone get Vatanator AU working with an audio interface?
    For me the audio is all glitchy when using my iCA4 but all other AUs are fine....

What’s your sample rate? Vatanator suffers from the 48k bug.

• @DCJ said:

@Carnbot said:

Everything’s st 44.1 which is what’s strange....

• @Carnbot said:

@DCJ said:

@Carnbot said:

Damn. I’ve honestly had way too many problems with vatanator. I don’t even open in any more. :/

• edited April 2018

@DCJ said:

@Carnbot said:

@DCJ said:

@Carnbot said:

Damn. I’ve honestly had way too many problems with vatanator. I don’t even open in any more. :/

It seems to work fine when using headphones, but as soon as I plug my interface in the audio breaks up...but then you can still preview samples ok weirdly. Hopefully the developers will fix it, I sent them a video. At least I can still use with headphones and then record the output or something... :)

Edit: not working too great on headphones either, crashing a fair bit, shame as it’s really good when it works :neutral:

• I ve a question regarding Vatanator AU, can we change sample pitch ? I am asking that because regarding the manual it seems to be a simple tone adjustment.

• I'm sure it's where I left the remote and my keys, but where is the Vatanator metronome?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm sure it's where I left the remote and my keys, but where is the Vatanator metronome?

It doesn’t seem to have one that I can find! I always make the first pattern a hi hat click track.

• @brambos any chance the Vatanator mapping could make it into one of the next few updates for X0X and Rhythm? Asking for a friend.

Or the ability to save user generated mapping slots? Asking for my mom.

• The mapping is a little weird because Vatonator AU is really only consistent(ish) with the bottom four pads (kick, snare, CH, and OH) but this mapping is working best for me in X0X:

• @syrupcore said:
    The mapping is a little weird because Vatonator AU is really only consistent(ish) with the bottom four pads (kick, snare, CH, and OH) but this mapping is working best for me in X0X:

Alrighty. Thanks. I'll add this one and a few others in the next update! :)

• edited April 2018

@brambos said:

@syrupcore said:
    The mapping is a little weird because Vatonator AU is really only consistent(ish) with the bottom four pads (kick, snare, CH, and OH) but this mapping is working best for me in X0X:

Aces! Thanks! Any other mappings your keen on that we could help gather for you?

• @syrupcore said:

@brambos said:

@syrupcore said:

Aces! Thanks! Any other mapping’s your keen on?

I recall iSpark and GrooveRider were requested in another thread. I don't think many other drum machines have come out lately.

• By the way, my mom says that the ability to save user note maps across Rozeta plugins would be a fantastic and exceworthy inaugural IAP.

• edited April 2018

@brambos said:

@syrupcore said:

@brambos said:

@syrupcore said:

Aces! Thanks! Any other mapping’s your keen on?

I recall iSpark and GrooveRider were requested in another thread. I don't think many other drum machines have come out lately.

ISpark is 60-75. Here’s the setup I just made that seemed to work/map well across a few different kits (in blue).

I’m GrooveRiderless.

• At least for me Vatanator as AU has strange/unreliable timing/jitter

• @syrupcore said:
    By the way, my mom says that the ability to save user note maps across Rozeta plugins would be a fantastic and exceworthy inaugural IAP.

Mama’s got business sense :)

• @realdawei said:
    At least for me Vatanator as AU has strange/unreliable timing/jitter

But there's no clock anything in the AU. How do you mean?

• @syrupcore said:

@realdawei said:
    At least for me Vatanator as AU has strange/unreliable timing/jitter

But there's no clock anything in the AU. How do you mean?

I think the AU engine response to MIDI note on is the issue. Quantized MIDI sounds sloppy. If I duplicate say with Ruismaker FM and play them together. Can definitely hear the lack of precision in Vatanator.

• Recent update has fixed the audio interface issue for me :)