Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Craziest party/gig/festival you have attended?

edited March 2018 in Other

I am deciding between several and will update this post later on. Probably the first bangface weekender 2008 for various reasons ((( :))))

Please feel free to share your stories...

Comments

• edited March 2018

Gawd, where to start.

Best festival: Stonehenge free festival 1984. Quarter of a million stoned freaks, with a march up to the stones themselves for the sunrise. There was so much acid consumed it had to be delivered on the backs of ex-army trucks.

Craziest party: I was playing bass in a band at a private party in a barn, in the middle of the Welsh hills. Everyone was very drunk, including the band, and for most of it I played whilst dancing in the middle of the audience via a long guitar lead. Back onstage, lost in my playing, I looked up to see the entire audience had stripped off and were dancing naked. A wild night indeed.

Best gig: We'd got to the festival (Glastonbury, can't remember the year...late 80's/early 90's) a few days early, and pitched our tent near the Green Field. As we were drifting off to sleep I could hear someone playing a tape of the Ozric Tentacles, one of my favourite's around that time. Sounded like a live tape I hadn't heard so I sat up for a better listen. Eventually I twigged it was them actually playing in the field somewhere, so I went out to investigate, and narrowed it down to a small round 'tea' tent only a few yards from our own. I walked in to a candlelit, aromatically smoke-filled space filled with smiling people and the flute player weaving magical notes in the air. Still in 'pyjamas', I sat down, shared a mug of spiced tea, and had a very nice time.

• This
    Energy Dance 89. Drove all night, venue kept changing, eventually got there around 6-7 a.m.
    Loudest speaker lorries I ever heard.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I am deciding between several and will update this post later on. Probably the first bangface weekender 2008 for various reasons ((( :))))

Please feel free to share your stories...

New Year Eve Soundfactory NYC 2000

Erick Morillo Closing party WMC Miami Space Terrace 2008

• Me and my set ran NASA and most of NYC in the 90s. Several years of craziness ensued.

• As per MonzoPro I was at Stonehenge 84 and yea that was a great festival (apart from a wired Hells Angel with an axe trying to get into my tent).

Craziest would be a toss up between Westbury Whitehorse in 1985 or Treeworgy. Memories of Westbury revolve around riding Kwaka Gpz 550 at high speed around the site trying to avoid packs of dogs, no helmet of course, getting ill as the police cut off the water supplies, firing rockets from bottles at police helicopters from the top of the hill, light shows supplied courtesy of the British army ranges on Salisbury plain and Hawkwind trying to raise cash for fuel for the generators so they could play.

Treeworgy was just mad, scary and I loved it.

Gigs - too many. Any planet gong gig. Scientist performing evil curse of the vampire with the roots radics. Could go on but I tend to waffle!

• Tribal Gathering ‘95 and then ‘96 were pretty amazing. If you look back at the line-ups across house, techno, drum and bass and more mainstream acts - they were pretty incredible events for electronic music.

Also attended some good Glastonburys in the 90s.

• I was a bit late to rave but it got me on the proper party circuit.
    1990 Spiral Tribe Wembly
    1991 Stonehenge, DIY soundsystem
    1992 Mutoid Waste Berlin in between the walls (already down)
    1993 Teknoval in Carcasonne
    The welsh and bristol free party circuit in early 90s was tremendous, got to know some of the names. God bless all who sailed in her. Shame I missed 'castle morton' but them's the breaks. Sounded a bit rough for me!
    Wildest was Hawkwind in the Roundhouse in camden cerca '93.
    I am open to the suggestion it was all a dream I had while I had really bad flu once and my hands got really big so dont quote me on any of it.

• edited March 2018

@Lurcher said:

Craziest would be a toss up between Westbury Whitehorse in 1985 or Treeworgy. Memories of Westbury revolve around riding Kwaka Gpz 550 at high speed around the site trying to avoid packs of dogs, no helmet of course, getting ill as the police cut off the water supplies, firing rockets from bottles at police helicopters from the top of the hill, light shows supplied courtesy of the British army ranges on Salisbury plain and Hawkwind trying to raise cash for fuel for the generators so they could play.

I was at that one as well, Hawkwind did the gig in the end, but had to cut it short due to rain getting into Harvey Bainbridge's keyboards.

Weird one that - we ended up there after throwing off a vanload of coppers who were in persuit of our bus on the A303 just past Stonehenge - where we'd been heading. Picked up a couple of mates along the way who'd been caught up in the beanfield beatings, and pointed the bus at Westbury.

At one point I was sitting on the eye of the horse itself, scanning the valley, and spotted two long columns of riot vans, converging in the distance. A beaten and bruised traveller joined me, and when the vans started moving in our direction he sped off waving a machette in the air and sounded the alarm to others at the festival.

The festival itself was full of smashed up busses and bloodied travellers, and I think if the coppers had decided to pile in as they had at the beanfield, they would have met a completely different response. Forewarned and all that.

Apart from that, and the Hawkwind gig, we all stayed in the back of the bus avoiding the horizontal rain and helicopters, for a weird week of intense drinking and other stuff. In the end we went home due to lack of food and water.

Bit different from those Latitudes they have these days.

• Best festival: The first heavy metal festival at Castle Donnington, where headline act Rainbow (Graham Bonnet) were supported by Judas Priest, The Scorpions and Saxon. The latter being as amazed as the vast crowd when a diverted and low flying passenger jet flew overhead at the exact moment they started playing 747 Strangers in the Night.

Craziest party: when I was a pro DJ. Gig was in the middle of the countryside, at a huge barn conversion, as a thank you to all the people who had helped the owners build their dream home. A guest we’d brought along drank far too much, thought he was playing an unplugged electric bass while standing precariously on two hay bails, then falling off, decided he had to eat....and accidentally tucked into raw chicken. We ended the set with him projectile vomiting, as Stairway to Heaven echoed across the farmers fields.

Best gig: So many to choose from. Today, what springs to mind first is seeing Kate Bush on her Before the Dawn residency. Fabulous music and stagecraft, including gorgeous projections, a simulated ocean, a man ‘playing’ an Aboriginal bullroarer, a simulated search helicopter on the ceiling, and confetti cannons firing poetry!

• That would mean being around other people. O_O

• I only apperar on crazy gigs :)

I just wish I could have attended an Acid Test with the Grateful Dead in 67...
    I was only 6, but I think I would have liked it :-D

• @Kühl said:
    I only apperar on crazy gigs :)

I'd have been 5, but happy to join you!

• Capital Radio "Reggae Sunsplash" with David Rodigan on Clapham Common (London). Then few years later, Camber Sands "Soul Weekender"..... 3 day Legal Rave party at Camber Sands Pontins holiday resort......... Frigging brilliant. ;)

• edited March 2018

Another 84 Stonehenge attendee here; definitely the best festival I've ever experienced. Walking distance from my house too!

Craziest was probably the Elephant Fayre in 82. We were in the entertainers area (we tagged along with my mate's Dad who's band was playing there) and I met so many wild and wonderful people over that week. Good times.

• Siggraph party around 1994 at Nixon's birthplace with Timothy Leary doing spoken word with the band Fishbone. Hors d'oeuvres served with hosts on stilts. Seem to unravel through the evening into a frenzy of inebriation and public urination.

• We used to have solstice parties late '70's early 80's in the house my best friends Swedish immigrant great great grandfather built in the 1800's. It was a lovely rustic wooden structure in the middle of the family's several hundred acre loblolly yellow pine tree farm. I'd setup my ARP Odyssey, Axxe and Sequencer. Other's would bring guitars, drums etc and we would dance, play and wander the forest without flashlights till dawn. Weird and wonderful memories. Here's one of the flyers our friend Tom drew for one of the gatherings. fr

• Awesome sounding times y'all!

Burning man is pretty damn crazy! It's surprisingly hard to find really good music, but I'm pretty picky I guess.

• edited March 2018

Great Story - big Ozrics fan here. Did you ever see Ship of Fools? They had the Ozrics vibe and nobody seems to know about them these days.

Wikipedia:

Ship Of Fools were a neo-prog/space rock band from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. Fantasy obsessed, few bands were as self-consciously weird and engaging. The band consisted of Sputnik (bass), Damien Clarke (keyboards), Les Smith (keyboards) and Mick Reed (drums). Andy Banks (guitars, mandolin, gliss) hooked up with the band soon after, along with Graham Wilkes (flutes, harmonica).

Friendly with the heads of the Dreamtime label, an offshoot of heavy metal distributors Peaceville Records, the band eventually signed with them and became the premiere psychedelic eccentrics on the label, releasing their first album, Close Your Eyes (Forget the World) in 1993. Following this release Wilkes apparently left the band (although he would appear as a guest musician on their next release), and was replaced by Oko (guitar). With this slightly revamped line-up in place a new album was recorded, released as "Out There Somewhere" in 1994.[1]

The band was a highly experimental force of mind-altering music until they broke up in a haze of bad feelings and musical differences in 1996. Leaving behind a short but excellent catalog of material, Smith (who had gone on to join the decidedly un-psychedelic black metal phenomenon Cradle of Filth) compiled their music and in 2002 released Let's Get This Mother Outta Here, a farewell collection that summed up their career and paid a lasting tribute to their bizarre vision.[2]

@MonzoPro said:

Best gig: We'd got to the festival (Glastonbury, can't remember the year...late 80's/early 90's) a few days early, and pitched our tent near the Green Field. As we were drifting off to sleep I could hear someone playing a tape of the Ozric Tentacles, one of my favourite's around that time. Sounded like a live tape I hadn't heard so I sat up for a better listen. Eventually I twigged it was them actually playing in the field somewhere, so I went out to investigate, and narrowed it down to a small round 'tea' tent only a few yards from our own. I walked in to a candlelit, aromatically smoke-filled space filled with smiling people and the flute player weaving magical notes in the air. Still in 'pyjamas', I sat down, shared a mug of spiced tea, and had a very nice time.

• edited March 2018

@Crawlingwind said:
    Great Story - big Ozrics fan here. Did you ever see Ship of Fools? They had the Ozrics vibe and nobody seems to know about them these days.

Wikipedia:

Ship Of Fools were a neo-prog/space rock band from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. Fantasy obsessed, few bands were as self-consciously weird and engaging. The band consisted of Sputnik (bass), Damien Clarke (keyboards), Les Smith (keyboards) and Mick Reed (drums). Andy Banks (guitars, mandolin, gliss) hooked up with the band soon after, along with Graham Wilkes (flutes, harmonica).

Friendly with the heads of the Dreamtime label, an offshoot of heavy metal distributors Peaceville Records, the band eventually signed with them and became the premiere psychedelic eccentrics on the label, releasing their first album, Close Your Eyes (Forget the World) in 1993. Following this release Wilkes apparently left the band (although he would appear as a guest musician on their next release), and was replaced by Oko (guitar). With this slightly revamped line-up in place a new album was recorded, released as "Out There Somewhere" in 1994.[1]

The band was a highly experimental force of mind-altering music until they broke up in a haze of bad feelings and musical differences in 1996. Leaving behind a short but excellent catalog of material, Smith (who had gone on to join the decidedly un-psychedelic black metal phenomenon Cradle of Filth) compiled their music and in 2002 released Let's Get This Mother Outta Here, a farewell collection that summed up their career and paid a lasting tribute to their bizarre vision.[2]

@MonzoPro said:

Heard of the name, can’t recall seeing them though it sounds like my cup of tea. Have you heard of the Magic Faraway Tree Band? Think they were same area/era.

Saw the Ozrics at Stonehenge 84, playing to about 7 people (me and my mates), which I read somewhere was their first gig. Then saw them when they were house band at the Crypt Club in Deptford. Then there was the time they erected a stage around my camper at the Norwich Rainbow Fayre, which I’ve mentioned in another thread...

Top band.

• @raindro said:
    Awesome sounding times y'all!

Burning man is pretty damn crazy! It's surprisingly hard to find really good music, but I'm pretty picky I guess.

Agree on both counts, though I saw a clown punk band I loved at center camp one time.

• Windsor Free Festival 1974.

• @Purpan said:
    Windsor Free Festival 1974.

Ooh that’s a good one. Classic line-ups of Hawkwind and Gong played, would love to have seen that.

• Belshazzar’s feast

• @MonzoPro said:

@Kühl said:
    I only apperar on crazy gigs :)

I'd have been 5, but happy to join you!

Jerry Garcia would have been a perfect baby sitter :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@Purpan said:
    Windsor Free Festival 1974.

Ooh that’s a good one. Classic line-ups of Hawkwind and Gong played, would love to have seen that.

Perhaps understandably, I can't remember much about it. I can't even be sure that the bits I do remember actually happened. It was that sort of event.

• I went to elephant fayre as well - have good memories of that one. Remember Killing Joke headlining and they were awesome. Thunderstorm overhead and pyrotechnics on stage - magic. I think New Model Army supported. I believe someone died there tho that could be one of those festival myths or just my memory.
    MonzoPro - you have jogged my memory re Westbury, I remember the water getting into the gear and stopping the show.
    Bloody hell festivals were good back then - certainly different. Torpedo Town festivals were good too.
    I never enjoyed so much the big commercial festivals, Glastonbury, Reading, Monsters of Rock etc. etc. They had good moments, good bands, but never the same overall atmosphere of the edgier festivals.

• I think I should write a book...
    Treeworgey... was like mad max!... Black microdots and Hawkwind!!
    Tripping Sodbury... Avon Free Festivals ‘86-‘89
    Ozrics etc. at the Sir George Robey 86
    Pagan Productions Goa reunion ‘91 Amsterdam
    Glastonbury ‘90 * Ozrics
    Teknival ‘96 Rotterdam & Many Spiral Tribe and other sound system raves in Holland from 90-93
    Every Eat Static gig I have been to, the Melkweg in Amsterdam ‘91? was one of the best!
    :blush:

• encenc
    edited March 2018

SPK live .. sure it was that gig that started my tinnitus
    H and S wouldn't allow it now

• edited March 2018

Gig - I played at a 40th birthday party for a Venture Capitalist an hour south of San Francisco about 10 years ago. The other acts on the bill were Mickey Hart (The Grateful Dead), Morris Day & the Time and Crosby, Stills & Nash. Got to watch Morris Day and CSN from the stage, got hammered on top-shelf liquor into the wee hours of the morning. The buffet kept changing throughout the night (there was a specific buffet just for the bands) so I hit it up multiple times. Introduced myself to both Graham Nash and Stephen Stills backstage, and danced myself silly to The Time.

We left the gig at some ungodly hour of the morning, the drummer threw up some blood before we left, drove to Santa Cruz, CA and crashed for about 3 hours before we opened a Reggae festival that morning. They didn't open the gates to the festival until we were starting our last song of the rehearsed 45-minute set we had, so we played songs we hadn't rehearsed for another 30 minutes. Probably one of the worst sets I've ever played...

Best festival is tied between all the summer Phish festivals from '96 to '99. Too many crazy stories to tell about those - many involved being shattered on various substances....

• This thread is a great read!

Faith no More - Soundgarden - Voivod Concert. A woman in front of my friend and I kept setting this guys hair on fire, and patting it out. He never noticed, the smell was horrible. The back right side of his long hair wasn't long anymore.

OZ Fest - somerset wi.....Classified. Really though, I've never seen such crazy things. Never been to a rave, so maybe it was tame compared to those shin digs. I'll never know, to old to do either now. ;)